[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clickety click
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image_0.jpg (124 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
124 KB, 720x960
My brother's truck clicks when accelerating. We took it to a shop and they basically said they had no clue. Any ideas as to what it might be? Hoping It's not pic related.
It's a 95 Silverado.
>>
Do the clicks match the revs?
>>
>>14718040
Not exactly. It clicks faster up until it's going maybe 5 or 10 mph then it stops.
>>
>>14718049
It could be lifter tick
>>
>>14718062
And how would one check for that?
>>
>>14718016
>>14718049
Video
>>
>>14718062
Could also be running low on oil, that'll starve the top end and make them tick.
Or the oil galleries are choked up with shit
>>
>>14718564
Dipshit is out somewhere. I was bored I work and it came to mind and thought I'd ask.
>>
>>14718016
>Doesn't list the year, make or model
>Doesn't list where the clicking is coming from

I FUCKING HATE POSTERS LIKE YOU. WHY DO YOU FAGGOTS NEVER GIVE US INFO?!?!?!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

All screaming, yelling and autism aside can you give us some info OP?

Anyway, I'm guessing right now totally in the dark: Exhaust leak possible off or very near the exhaust manifolds.
>>
>>14718656
He did say the year and Model, you fucking dumbass.
Probably lifter tick, OP.
>>
File: whut.png (88 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
whut.png
88 KB, 300x256
>>14718706
Holy fuck I guess I'm the faggot now. I didn't even see that.

'The truck ticks' is such a bland description.
Engine? Exhaust? Wheel bearing? U joint?
>>
>>14718761
Its pretty hard to tell when it only happens when you're moving and I've only been in the thing twice.
>>
>>14718016
>95 Silverado
I'll bet my left nut it's the lifters
>>
>>14718513
open up the engine
>>
>>14718016
maybe a fuel injector. do you have any codes?
>>
Lifters, Fuel Injectors or some other timing component.

Check that shit bruh BRUH MEH LLLL
>>
lifters wear down with time or when you put wrong oil on your car. if these guys are seized up you should still be able to drive but don't rev it too hard. pretty cheap to fix if you do it yourself.

that's all i know
>>
>>14721032
Nope everything seems to be fine minus the clicks
>>
>>14721198
well, sounds like you should check the lifters.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.