[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do poor people try and have cars?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 16
No seriously. From a financial perspective it is absolutely retarded to be living outside your means.

Poor people should stick to a shit $1500 dollar econobox and spend that money on constructing additional revenue streams, not...

>Financing a car already out of your price range
>Buying something like a r34 GTR because you think it's "cheap now" and realizing 3 months later you will pay double or triple the sale price in parts to get it up to standard.

This thread will get some rage, but i don't fucking give a shit, it needs to be said.

You poor people are poor for a reason, because you make stupid fucking choices.

Anyone who's smart enough to realize this already knows it and does not need me to say it, so let's spend this thread laughing at idiots who made the mistake of going for their dream car before securing financial stability.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (484 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
484 KB, 500x271
>>14715493
Because i buy cheap cars and dont do loans like every other idiot

Richfag noob
>>
>r34 gtr costs ~40k
>spending 80k-120k on maintenance within three months
Kill yourself OP :^)
>>
>>14715500
That's the point he was making...

On topic though, i get so many poorfags in my dealership trying to test drive a nice model.

They think i don't see though their shit, it's laughable.
>>
>>14715504
>works in a dealership
>calling anyone else poor
enjoying that $8/hr to clean shit stains out of the seats, achmed?
>>
>>14715503
All the old skyline GTR's are common pitfalls, same with some BMW's.

They seem cheap, but due to the age of the car there's a lot that needs to be replaced with new parts.

At the bare minimum you need to be prepared to have double what you paid set aside in case shit goes wrong.
>>
>>14715505
This
>>14715504
This
>>
>>14715505
I make 33 dollars an hour, actually.

Are you mad you can't get a test drive?
>>
>>14715510
>R34 GTR for 40k
>"HUUR YOU NEED 80k PUT ASIDE FOR REPAIRS!"
Kill yourself :^)
>>
>>14715516
>33/hr
good going on earning below average pay for a mid 20s blue collar worker, wage cuck.
>>
i mean, you see the caliber of people who are in LPG threads. people just don't understand the cost of financing. there are a lot of people who are flat out uneducated on it or are grossly irresponsible. food for thought - they get to vote and drive on the same roads as you.
>>
>>14715517
Angry poorfag detected. He's right, if you don't have at least double what a 20 year old car is worth ready to drop for when something goes wrong, you're asking for trouble.

Go to any GTR forum and you'll read people saying the exact same thing, as owners.

But hey, i guess you also think OP's advice is stupid and none of us here are going to be able to convince you otherwise, so go ahead and make a bad financial choice.

We're gonna be the ones laughing.
>>
>>14715522
Considering this is my first job and i'm earning 33 an hour i think i'm doing alright.

Again, mad because you know you're one of the poorfags i turn away for a test drive?
>>
>>14715532
Please keep showing the entire board how little experience you have with cars. Enjoy leasing a new base model corolla every two years, dumb cunt.

>Go to any GTR forum and you'll read people saying the exact same thing, as owners
Show me a single post on any GTR forum from an owner saying you need to put away 80k+ just for maintenance on an R34 GTR and I'll put $200 in your paypal.
>>
>>14715534
>being retarded enough to buy vehicles from a dealership
Sorry I'm not helping to put food on your table =/
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
He's right about skyline gtrs being moneypits, but it's fucking worth.

Give me a second and I will post reciepts of just how expensive it is to own one. And I got lucky with a really clean one.
>>
>>14715540
Skylines suck
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>14715540
Ok here we go, starting with a 18 grand engine rebuild
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>14715551
4 grand for a clutch and quick tune, keep in mind every item I got here is because the old version broke.
>>
File: KindergardenCop161_8497.jpg (25 KB, 266x202) Image search: [Google]
KindergardenCop161_8497.jpg
25 KB, 266x202
>>14715551
>20grand on a oldass i6 that gets rekt by a jz
DEAR GOD WHY
>>
>>14715554
>old version broke
Skyrines

MAxirum rereiable
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>14715554
3500 for new wheels after the old ones had cracks in them. Spent 1600 dollars on tyres after as well.
>>
>>14715525

What I think would help a ton is if there was a year long, required class taught your freshman year of highschool called "adult finances." something that focused on exactly how loans, interest, taxes, budgets and credit worked. When I was in highschool (30s fag) you didnt even touch that shit till economics class your senior year and it didnt go over anything pertaining to individual finances. Even if the adult finances class was taught your senior year it would be a waste because by then the kids that needed it most already dropped out.
>>
>>14715561
>putting 30k of stupid shit on credit card
Americans....
>>
>>14715551
>18k rebuild for rb26
You got ripped hard core dude. I wouldnt show anyone those receipts unless you want to be laughed at.
>>
>>14715556
Actually no, while i have spent a LOT of money fixing this up, now it's amazing.

Give me a second and i will dig up dyno sheets, i'm in aventador territory.

Got a lot of paperwork here, but you're starting to get the idea.

You do need to be prepared to drop a lot of money after you buy one, they are not cheap.

If you have the money though, get one, amazing fun guys, i don't regret for a second.
>>
>>14715565
Did you read what he's getting with that?

2.8 stroked and bored, forged internals.

He's actually getting a pretty good deal, but once again this board is full of morons that have zero idea what they're talking about. You have the guy saying GTR's are not expensive and already proven wrong top fucking KEK
>>
>>14715573
Modifications are not the same as maintenance, thank you.

OP is still a retarded cunt for thinking you need 80k+ to keep an R34 GTR on the road.
>>
>>14715573

20k on 2.8L motor is never a good deal.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>14715565
Considering the power gains I am getting and the fact I am getting discounted labor, no. Please don't talk about what you have no clue on.

Another 700
>>
>>14715564
>tyres
>GST

Nah he's australian
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
There's a difference between a rebuild and a full rebuild with forged internals, bored and stroked, after I needed a new crankshaft.

You have no clue what you are talking about considering most of the items required are at cost.
>>
>>14715577
>huur let me post receipts that show how expensive it is to own one
>also take note that the receipts include the price of a shit load of modifications so they are not representative in anyway of what it costs to keep a relatively stock GTR on the road
>>
>>14715588
>>14715574
As i said, every single "modification" here was due to a old part shitting itself.

>Engine rebuild is due to the old one dying a violent death where the crankshaft bent

>Tyres and wheels are because the old wheels were dangerous

I would be fucking stupid not to get forged internals at the same time the engine is out, as it's cheaper in the long run for more power.

I've spent WELL over 80k and have all receipts to prove it, you just can't handle the fact i proved OP right.
>>
>>14715564

>implying someone with at least a $30k credit line isn't going to be able to pay it off
>dem points
>>
>>14715551
>>14715554
>>14715561
Wow, they cleaned you out.

gj idiot
>>
>>14715594
God damn keep posting, i'm loving the butthurt.

Poorfags can't into maintenance for a powerful car.
>>
>>14715600
Are you not reading what he bought, you stupid cunt?

He's aussie, so prices are inflated. Also, he's getting forged rims and internals for fuck's sake (which is the correct thing to do if you are already taking the engine out, so good on you mate).

The butthurt is unbelievable in this thread, i'm seconding what this guy said >>14715601

KEEP FUCKING POSTING
>>
>>14715594
A brand new crank for an rb26dett is like 1700, and you paid over 3k, and you think this is representative of what it costs to keep one on the road? Sorry faggot but what you forked out on HECTIC MODIFICATIONS has absolutely nothing to do with keeping one maintained in its original condition.

Some more info on your build though it looks nice
>>
>>14715611
it's a n1 crank, god damn you are stupid.

it's rated to over 1400hp, he's not getting ripped off when you look at what he's actually buying (and remember he's aussie)
>>
>>14715616
http://www.rawbrokerage.com/nissan-n1-crankshaft-rb26dett/
Oh look, it costs 1k.

>and remember he's aussie
because parts for an rb26 are so much cheaper in america?
>>
>>14715616
This. They only make new n1 cranks these days, which are more expensive because they were the strongest one.

Only children who have never owned a powerful car think he's getting ripped off, he's getting parts at fair market rate on there.

>>14715621
That crank is going to be modified for the 2.8 i assume, plus aussie dollar is like 60 us cents right now.

Oh and shipping on a 40kg item.

I'm sure the store is taking a cut, but it's not as big as you guys think.
>>
>>14715621
And 1k is still overpriced, they can be picked up for as cheap as $700.

Faggot got ripped hardcore. How fast is your 80k+ GTR anon? It better be running at least 10s FLAT if you sunk that much money into it.
>>
>>14715554
>98PULP
Do you prefer your gas with or without pulp sir?
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>14715606
One more before I go out, I've already made my point. I'm not here to troll people, I was just correcting some bullshit from people claiming any powerful car will be cheap. You have to spend money to make reliable power.
>>
>>14715627
how much more power than stock ?
I assume its conservative
>>
>$80-120k on maintenance.
This is bullshit

>>14715623
I dumped a ridiculous amount of money into my R32 and it still wasn't above $30k all in. Australian prices are fucked
>>
>>14715493
>tfw all my dream cars are glorified shitboxes anyway
it all works out in the end

>for example

>300ZX
>3000GT VR4
>RWD Celicas
>Saab convertibles
>Integra/Preludes
>90's/80's muscle
>specifically foxbody, SN95, iroc-z camaros, etc.
>>
>>14715626
e85 m8

>>14715624
Pretty damn fast. It went toe to toe with an aventador a few weeks back. I haven't made a single "mod" that did not need to be required due to breaking and that's what i wanted to correct.

These are old cars, expect them to need new parts. I know the shops charge me a little more, but considering the work done it's not much more than a 5-10% surcharge and i'm happy paying that for convenience, as it can take ages to get parts if you're trying to bargain bin everything.

I always pay to have it fixed as quick as possible.

Now i'm off to see a movie.
>>
>>14715639
Thanks for BTFO'ing the shitposters, good luck with your build m8
>>
I'm still not seeing any shred of evidence that it costs 80k+ to keep an R34 GTR on the road for three months. Just some faggot showing off his stupidly expensive modifications who is also scared to post dyno results.

Remember shit cunts, modifications=/=maintenance
>>
>>14715635
That crankshaft is going to have custom machine work done to it.

That's going to be fucking expensive in australia where minimum wage is 22 bucks an hour.
>>
>>14715646
Haha are you still here fag? You were a joke even before he showed up to provide some idea of how much things can cost.

OP really rustled you, you filthy poorfaggot.
>>
>>14715646
Did you not read what both OP and gtr guy said?

He only did those mods because shit broke and OP said you have to be prepared for old cars breaking down.

Are you this fucking mad that OP made a troll thread (which kinda has some truth to it) to call out idiots buying old cars assuming they won't have shit breaking?

Come on bro, shitty troll is shitty, give it up
>>
>>14715653
>he showed up to provide some idea of how much things can cost
Yeah, he sure showed us how expensive it is to have a known costly shop (google mercury motorsports) to do hectic modifications.

Still not seeing any shred of evidence that it costs 80k+ to keep a 40k R34 on the road over a period of three months. A period of three decades sure but not three months.
Stay ass blasted cunt.
>>
Also another thing.
I really believe you got a car that was especially fucked.
I've really never heard of any GT-R needing that much in such a short space of time. Especially an R34. It just sound like you got fucked over by whoever sold you the car.
>>
>>14715655
OP said it costs 120k to get a 40k R34 GTR 'up to standard', as in normal basic bitch maintenance.
Anon comes in and posts receipts of his hectic modifications required to push a GTR close to the single digits. I'm not seeing any correlation.
>>
>>14715659
He got 2 things done at mercury and some at racepace, a very reputable shop (i recognize his rebuild invoice).

He's paying for quality, that rebuild is not overpriced.

Spend some time on SAU and you will hear every single skyline owner telling you to be prepared for spending the same you spent on the car, on repairs.

Sometimes you get lucky, but better safe than sorry and having a project car and no cash to fix it.

Incase you did not get it, OP was trolling with his statement.

The GTR guy was just warning people that they are moneypits (incase you missed it, every single mod he made was after something breaking).

On the off chance you're not trolling, don't be giving people advice to buy old cars.

>>14715666
OP IS TROLLING

GTR guy is just saying that they're not cheap.
>>
>>14715551
This kind of shit has to be why people are moving towards sport bikes for their thrills. The sun has set on the affordable yet exciting car.
>>
>>14715665

This. Your clutch, wheels, and crank all broke within 3 months? Did you buy a used drag car from a visible minority (sorry Type R) or what the fuck?

Also $40k AUD is like $500 in American dollars, right? :^)
>>
>>14715670
This. Is anyone in this thread assuming this was not a bait thread....come on guys...

GTR's are not cheap of course, you would be a fucking moron to buy the car and have no money left over for when something goes wrong. Perhaps not as much shit as this other guy, but have at least 20k for fuck's sake or you are a MORON.

Any old car, as a matter of fact.
>>
>>14715676
I think the clutch and engine shit themselves quickly, not sure why but you have to remember, the more power something puts out the shorter it's life is.

The wheels he said had cracks so he replaced them when he noticed, before they killed him.

Sounds like a fun car though, manual, awd and a lot of power. Would take corners at unbelievable speeds if i owned something like that.
>>
>>14715681
>Would take corners at unbelievable speeds if i owned something like that.

Google "EVLR34" m8
>>
>>14715493
A friend of mine earns about £1000 a month, £200 of which goes into paying for his car on finance... He doesn't even understand why I think he's an idiot.
>"I'll never have to worry about maintenance costs"
>>
>>14715493
Because the car's the only thing that's allowing them to get to work in the morning.

Otherwise, if they could live within their means, they wouldn't be fucking poor, would they?
Poorfaggitude is often self-inflicted.

I mean, I know I'm short on funds because of the cost of paying off a nice car, but it's cheaper than maintaining and running a shitbox that was old enough to legally buy it's own fuel.

>>14715516
I'm not so scruffy that I can't walk into a main dealer with details of a car I looked up online and get a test drive.
Out of the three dealers I tried, one gave me a test drive on the car I wanted, one gave me a speech on leasing while blocking me into a car way out of my budget, and the third one couldn't get the car I wanted out of the space, and asked me to come back later.

I ended up buying from #1. #2 seemed too oily and I didn't like being made to wait for ages, and I didn't like the car #3 was offering.

>>14715532
>if you don't have at least double what a 20 year old car is worth ready to drop for when something goes wrong, you're asking for trouble
Yup. Anything older than 10 years is going to be a project.
Anything older than 5 is going to have nagging issues.

I miss my old shitbox, though. I want to buy another old-but-good car and fix it up. New cars have no character due to a lack of accumulated flaws.
>>
>>14715920
>Yup. Anything older than 10 years is going to be a project.
>Anything older than 5 is going to have nagging issues.
Unless you live in Germany. Every first car anyone's ever had was older than ten years over here and you're still expected to make do with it for at least another five years. If you get yourself a tuned-out performance car way past its prime I think you can only blame yourself for big bills.
>>
>>14715681
How the fuck did he break all that in 3 months?
FUCK it took me 4 years to do that to my shitbox
>>
>>14715493
If a person is poor it's generally because they are not smart in one way or another. Having the drive to be able to fix a car, IR the knowledge most likely is not there.

The chronically poor are generally useless men or single moms, neither of which will be able to turn a wrench or do the research necessary to find a reliable shitbox.

With that in mind that 1500 shitbox isn't going to last very long and in the end will coat them more than a 5000 shitbox.
>>
I was poor once like you OP. So I sold my hpuse and bought a McLaren. I took my McLaren to the track and raced people for cash. Let's just say I'm a multi-millionare now thanks to my car
>>
Being rich isn't everything OP. Some people realise that they will never have loads of money and are doing what they love while they can.
It's not like it matters once you're dead anyway.
>>
>>14715493
oy vey!
those $1500 ecobox are not safe.
let me finance you with a brand new safe car for you and your family.
>>
File: fuckedengine.jpg (25 KB, 325x499) Image search: [Google]
fuckedengine.jpg
25 KB, 325x499
>>14715493
ikr?
>be studying mechanics
>superior degree
>most people come from regular degree which allows you to be a regular mechanic
>dumb dude coming from regular one
>"I need to go to this race track once a week to attend some racing bike mechanics lessons, so my parents are thinking of buying me a car. We're between the micra and [insert econobox]"
>"oh cool, my cousins had a micra and it was a joy! how much are you spending on it? what condition is it in?"
>"n-no, anon, it's brand new. my parents are financing a 11k brand new 1.2L car"
>dude's supposedly a mechanic who should be able to buy a thousand dollar car and repair the fuck out of it
>parents say it's risky to buy a second hand car
>father is kind of a truck mechanic, they're poor
>I try to explain him why spending 2 grand on a car and saving like another grand for possible repairs is a much better idea
fastforward 3 months
>"anon my parents think it's been a bad idea to buy me the car"
>everyone laughs at him for having a girl's car
>still hasn't gone over 2k rpm

oh god it's so glorious to have stupid friends...
>>
My friend wants to buy his first car, but he's interested in only money pits. (350Z, Miata, E30, etc.) The guy can't even keep the same phone number because he's always going delinquent on his bill. Trying to talk him into a civic offends him.
>>
>>14715979
It's a supercar, performance makes shit break faster. How do people not know this? Lambos require major rebuilds every few years if they're not maintained well, this applies to anything putting out insane power.
>>
>>14716449
>supercar
>r34
>>
>>14716466

you bet your fucking ass thats a supercar.
>>
>>14715516
Meh, i walked in a Toyota dealership looking like a total hobo a week ago, test drove the GT86, put down the cash the next day, fully loaded, torsen, brembos and TRD sway bars. Only thing i didn't get was the TRD wheels cause i'm getting aftermarket 18s. You cant judge a book by it's cover. If they'd refused me a test drive I'd be waiting for my BRZ instead.
>>
>>14716485
>280 HP, 3395 Lbs.
>4.9 sec 0-60 with AWD
>155 mph top speed
All it has going for it is AWD
>>
>>14716485
It might be as fast as (or faster than) a supercar with a few simple mods but I wouldn't call it a supercar. And I definitely wouldn't call a stock one a supercar
>>
>>14715564
>tyres

He's not an American you dumb circle jerking cunt

Go back to /pol/ or /int/
>>
>>14716522
330hp actually, all-wheel steering and ATTESSA AWD, meaning it's mosly RWD, can handle 400hp on stock intenals and up to 1000hp fully built. Nismo R34 was 500hp and could compete with the 997 turbo on the track.
>>
>>14715576
shoulda ls1 swapped it amirite?
>>
>>14716541
996 turbo*
>>
>>14716358
its not that horrible on his end, it's not like he totally fucked up or anything.

His parents paid for it anyway, maybe they have more than enough money stashed away somewhere
>>
>>14715493
>Why do poor people try and have cars?

Because America was built around the automobile. It's not a cliche, but a fact. Public transportation is not as quick and efficient as it may be in some other countries. People have jobs or other appointments that public transportation does not get to. Not to mention hauling family's worth of groceries or other goods is impractical on a bus or train. So poor people buy the shitboxes that they can afford.
>>
>>14716564
Six figure nigger here. living in the car capital of the world. People here buying/leasing new cars left and right. Everything from new shitboxes to new teslas. New new new is the word. People paying $250+ a month plus insurance on some shitbox that wont be worth 1/3rd the value in 4 years. their eyes are attracted to shiney new shit. Dont get me started on all the other junk they buy (big screens, phones every year, etc).

meanwhile, i still dd the same used car I paid off six years ago. same 32 pleb tv and phone from around the same time. No debts besides a mortgage on an appreciating house. Feels good when approved for a loan for a second house.

Ceo of my company drives some cheopo lexus es. I mean, there are still smart people out there, anon... theyre just getting harder to find thanks to consumerism/ brainwashing.
>>
I was really considering buying
A 40K car after graduation. Earning 60K and living with parents to afford the car.

But fuck that, I need to pay my school debts off first. Then I'll save up for the whole payment. No financing . It'll take a few years, but that's the smart choice.
>>
People like fun to drive cars that they can actually take to the car meet and bro each other, no matter their budget. Is this surprising to any of you?
>>
I'm getting the Tesla Model 3 as soon as it comes out, I don't give a fuck if I can't afford it
>>
>>14715493
>Why do poor people try and have cars?
Because they are poor mostly because they are idiots. Saving money is not hard and takes zero effort.
t. 24 year old neet, never worked a single day in my life, bought my own car, building my own house
>>
>>14716522
I'm pretty sure his is not stock, have you seen what he's had done to the engine?

Full forged internals and a 2.8 stroke and bore.

That thing's putting out minimum 700, possibly even more.

GTR's and supras can go crazy fucking high on HP real quickly.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 201x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 201x200
>>14715522
>33/hr
>below average
>>
>>14716773
Financing is often better than paying cash. It improves your credit score and it allows you to keep money on hand for emergencies or to invest elsewhere.
>>
File: 1437841634206.jpg (51 KB, 555x344) Image search: [Google]
1437841634206.jpg
51 KB, 555x344
>>14715522
>US Average Hourly Earnings is at a current level of 25.35
nice job talking out of your ass
>>
>>14716934
>>14716846
>america
lol
>>
>>14715493
I follow my dad's way if doing things, pay cash for a car unless the interest rate is really good and you can put down a large down payment
>>
>>14715493
The problem with $1500 econoboxes is odds are it'll have a lot of maintenance issues that are expensive for the poor.
>>
>>14716517
yeah i'm pretty sure op is full of shit, i test drive and buy cars looking rough and know many people who do

a sales person turning people down based on appearance probably won't keep a job for too long
>>
>>14715516
>like 50k a year

Hahahahahahaahahahahahaha
>>
>>14715503
>spending 40k on r34 of a car
These fetishes are getting real abstract
>>
>Let me tell you what you should do with your money
>>
>>14717031
>as someone whose father bought him a shitbox 'so it's ok to put a few dings in it while you get your no-claims up', here's why nobody should have anything that the Official /O/ Twingo Owners' Social Club wouldn't approve of
>>
>>14717061
ok
>>
>>14717074
ye
>>
>>14717075
cool
>>
>>14717022

People on here talk like they all make six figures. The average American income is what.. 35k?

Depending on where you live, in SW WA 33 would be top tier income. Fuck, "high paying" jobs are like 20$.

I couldn't imagine living in a city where a 1/1 apartment is 2k $.. Fuck that.
>>
>>14716223
Time to wake up and go to work you lazy swine
>>
>>14716561
>His parents paid for it anyway, maybe they have more than enough money stashed away somewhere
they haven't paid for more than a 10% of it and they'll really struggle to pay the entire thing, which will be about 15k if not more. by the time they finish paying the car won't be worth much more than half of that much. he could've talked his parents out of it and he didn't.

trust me both him and his parents did fuck up big time. he's still studying because he couldn't possibly get a job with the regular degree, and it's unlikely someone will want to hire an overqualified but incompetent worker when he finishes studying.
>>
>>14716916

Listen to this guy.
>Finance everything @5+ interest rate
>Invest everything else at ~2-6% rate of return.
Might as well bend over, spread your ass while giving your hard earned money to finance companies while begging for them to give you a good credit rating.
People like you make me sick!!

Cash is king. Stop worshipping the FICO score
>>
Where do you live where poor people are driving skylines?

I mostly see poor people driving old shitboxes. Although I do have a friend who makes barely above minimum wage, has a kid, and is in debt because he financed a 27k brand new frs kek.
>>
File: 1458340245868.jpg (42 KB, 561x798) Image search: [Google]
1458340245868.jpg
42 KB, 561x798
ITT
>I bought an R-34 with a broken diff, gearbox, clutch, engine, gaskets etc
>In fact basically everything was broken
>I also spent obscene money making it up to like 1000hp
>Therefore my assumption that everyone pays the same amount as me is right

You're so wrong its unbelievable.

Seen plenty of far older cars including a Porsche 964 911 go through with far less than 2-3 times their original cost in repairs, and that one had an engine rebuild 'just because' [was still nowhere near twice its original cost, car was like 11k, rebuild was around 5k from a specialist (GBP)]
>>
>>14717285
>Although I do have a friend who makes barely above minimum wage, has a kid, and is in debt because he financed a 27k brand new frs kek.

I know of several people who've behaved the same way, why the hell do they do something like that?
>>
>>14717211
Don't you get it? Everyone here is a millionaire that can drive their favorite bench racing car at the limit and match the fastest lap times set by professional racers
They just don't have cameras though
>>
File: TiltedHead.jpg (5 KB, 291x173) Image search: [Google]
TiltedHead.jpg
5 KB, 291x173
>>14715551
>>
>>14715493
A new car makes sense for poor people. They don't have a ton of cash on hand but they have income. It has a warranty. It's new, it should be reliable. It gets good fuel economy. And if they're not car savvy, they could buy an absolute turd on the used market.
>>
>>14716541
Fully built, not stock. Of course a fully built car would need to be maintained much more often. If I'm not mistaken, Anon claimed to have only replaced the broken parts of his car, not mod it.
>>
>>14716830
Well then his point is null and void, because he's paying for a built car, not a stock one. The two would have completely different maintainance costs.
>>
>>14716541
280 was the official number, 330 was unofficial.
>>
>>14717580
When it comes to GTRs tho, aftermarket support/performance parts can be cheaper than OEM ones, same with most other performance oriented Nissans. General maintenance is nearly the same except for things like brake pads and tires. Overall maintenance is a bit tricky since weak links would give out at some point due to the power increase. If properly built however, the major costs would be the necessary engine rebuild around the 10-12 year mark. I used to run a 550hp 350z for a while, which was fun, but it ate a set of soft compounds in less than 4 months and with 275/295 front/rear, it wasnt exactly cheap to run but nothing major broke in the 5 years i owned it.
>>
>>14717611
still 330, dynos don't lie
>>
>>14717737
Why would the official number be less than the number from testing? Wouldn't it make sense to advertise it as having more power?
>>
>>14717773
Gentlemen's agreement, Japanese cars weren't allowed to have more than 280hp if I remember correctly.
>>
>>14717778
see>>14717773
>>
>>14717773
Take a look at all high powered Japanese cars from that era, they all have 276 bhp
>>
>>14715554
>>14715551
Jesus Christ dude GayTR/Skyline owners are fucking retarded
>>
>>14716543
Considering he could have got a brand new LT4 from for the money he spent paying some ramshackle mechanic to take a dremel to his engine
>>
>>14717266
You finance it and pay it off as quick as possible you mong. You get the credit bump with very little interest paid.
>>
>>14717773
>>14717789
He explained it to you, dickhead.

All the japanese manufacturers agreed to not make (which quickly turned into advertise) cars with more than 280 PS, which equates to 276hp or 206kw.

The R32 GTR had 280-290hp from factory and with the removal of a small orange tab in the boost controller (requiring only a screw driver, with nissan explicitly stating it doesn't affect your warranty) it now ran 1bar and was making up around 320-330hp.
The rest of the GTRs followed this example with R34 N1s/Nurs having up around 340hp from the factory.

The NSX Type R also had '276hp', the same as the standard car. Despite having entirely different internals and revving harder.
>>
>>14718021
>remove this screw and you get the same amount of power as an American V8 from the 60s
>>
Niggers dont work like that
>>
>only richfags should have nice cars
>why do poor people try to do things with their money when they should be giving it to me?
Fuck off
>>
>>14715493
Fuck off. You being able to do literally anything is contingent on us plebs making it to work in the morning. Fuck right off
>>
>>14715493
I ran the numbers once.

Better tax rate. Better insurance rate. 5 year warranty. Lower maintenance requirements. Much more reliable than a 10 year old beater.

If you can scrape the deposit, it can make for much better monthly cashflow.

Owner a 1500 car outright might seem cheap, but expensive bills can pretty quickly swoop along and destroy the illusion. Not to mention extra insurance loadings, the hassle of annual inspection and potentially higher annual tax rates.

It's a reason Dacia are popular here. New Car. 5 year warranty. Cheap transport. No need to worry about it going bang or 3 previous owners fucking it up.
>>
>>14717266
this
then they tell you to pay it off in two months
like that is enough time to either build credit or make gains in the market

idiots propagating creditor propaganda
>>
>>14717334
In what planet is a Porsche 964 11k? The cheapest one I've found was 18k and it's a shitty fucking targa
>>
>>14717334
OP and gtr guy are different and incase you did not read, the things broke after a few months.

he also got forged internals and shit at the same time, plus custom machine work.

prices are in line with australia, you all forget that minimum wage is like 20 bucks there.

labor is insane.

>>14721751
They're not, you won't find a decent classic porsche cheap.

More so in australia, which is where most people seem to be misinterpreting what's said.

r34 gtr's really do cost 60k+ in australia and any shop you go to is going to charge like 25 bucks an hour minimum labor. if not more. reputable shops charge even more because you want quality work instead of boganwelds.

it adds up quick when you're getting a lot of work done.
>>
That why i buy second hand clunkers for around 3-500€
manage so far and learn on what to avoid and not.
+ the perfect way to learn how to mend them.
everything is not bolt off bolt on.
>>
No money no funny !!!
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.