[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chevy Volt 2013
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: VoltTinted.jpg (328 KB, 600x365) Image search: [Google]
VoltTinted.jpg
328 KB, 600x365
Considering purchasing one. Pros and Cons?
>>
Do you actually hate driving?
>>
>>14709246
No. I don't know much about cars. I own a 1997 Nissan Altima GXE that was a handme down so I'm just asking what's decent and economic.
>>
>>14709246

Why wouldn't you have an economical daily to save fuel and a avoid shitting up your weekend car by dailying it?
>>
pros: -
cons: it's a chevy, it's a volt
>>
how much is it?
>>
>>14709226

Pros: good mileage, I've heard they're actually really nice to drive
Cons: you look like a pretentious ecofaggot.
>>
>>14709226
Pro: Cheap, Almost zero gas use if your commute is under 30 miles or 60 with a charger at work, handles decently
Cons: wind buffeting if you drive with the windows down >45mph which you should never do in any car. This can be fixed by the dealer if you complain and insist they do it.
>>
File: IMG_2231.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2231.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I have a 2013, pic related. My advice is try to get one with a backup camera. Rear visibility isn't great and you cant install an aftermarket one. I bought mine for just under $17k certified used with 30k miles and fully optioned. Prices vary quite a bit from state to state so shop around if you can. I flew to texas for mine and saved a few grand over what the local dealerships were asking. Also double check the VIN history to see if it was afleet vehicle (which you should avoid). Another good way to check is to look at the average lifetime MPG, if its less than 40 it was probably a fleet vehicle since it was never or rarely charged. Theres little to no difference between years so don't be afraid of a2011 or 2012 if they have a better price. The car is very low in the front so plan to scrape a lot.
>>
>>14710205
15,998 plus taxes with 29k /38k miles
>>14710302
The 2 I'm looking at don't list it, but I'll ask. They're both listed at the same price too.
>>
>>14709226
> Pros
No gas!

> Cons
Chevy
Pigfat batteries
Charge cycles!
USED batteries. Three years old now, so they're likely fucked.
>>
>>14711547
>hurr durr muh electric car batteries
The volt has an 8 year-100k mile warranty on the electric components.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.