[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frequent oil changes are a scam perpetrated by the big oil industry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 600_oil_brands.jpg (37 KB, 600x220) Image search: [Google]
600_oil_brands.jpg
37 KB, 600x220
Frequent oil changes are a scam perpetrated by the big oil industry and car manufacturers to enrich their bottom line. There is ZERO evidence that you need to change your oil every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Even the claims from the automotive "experts" that you can go up to 7,500 to 10,000 miles without an oil change are nonsense. You should go 25,000 miles between oil changes if you mostly do city driving, and 30,000 to 35,000 if you mostly do highway driving. The key is to KNOW your car and how it responds. When it starts accelerating a little slower and the MPG starts dipping, then it's time to start thinking about changing your oil changed. Changing your oil frequently corrodes your engine, and actually shortens the life of your vehicle.

I had my Buick Century since the 50,000 mile mark. It's at 164,000 now and I have only changed the oil 4 times. It runs smoother than most cars with far fewer miles, and that's because the engine hasn't been damaged by constantly pumping it full of new corrosive oils.
>>
Disinfo
>>
I go 10,000km with full synthetic
>>
Gr8 b8 m8, I r8 8/8
>>
>>14707788

OP is correct, and you don't even need to put nice oil in to reap the benefits of not changing it.
>>
>>14708014
Why are you using synthetic? It's even more corrosive to your engine.
>>
File: ohmy.jpg (16 KB, 229x233) Image search: [Google]
ohmy.jpg
16 KB, 229x233
>>14707788
WAKE UP GUYS YOU DON'T NEED TO ADD FUEL TO YOUR CAR THERE IS OXYGEN IN AIR AND OXYGEN BURNS THEREFORE ADDING FUEL IS UNNECESSARY COMBUSTION TAKES PLACE WITHOUT FUEL TOO GUISE ITS JUST CORRUPTION BY BIG CORPORATIONS AND ILLUMINATI 911 WAS A LIE
>>
>>14707788
jesus christ have you ever seen how dirty oil gets after 3000 miles, you do know that the viscocity of the oil gets extremely thick over and will cause oil inadequacy and seize your engine.

also where the fuck did you get the idea that oil is corrosive? its water creeping naturally into the oil that causes corrosion, which just adds more to the point of you needing to change your oil regularly
>>
>>14713009
Oil needs to run through your engine, get used to it, and thicken up before it works best. Oil can thicken up too much, but it would probably take 40 to 50 thousand miles before the engine would seize. That's why it's corrosive for the first 5,000 miles or so. It's still adapting to the engine, and does quite work right before then. The key is that it has to adapt to your engine. If it didn't need to adapt to your particular engine you could just take all the 5000 mile used oil from Jiffy Lube and drive like a king.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.