[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: flying disco3.jpg (42 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
flying disco3.jpg
42 KB, 800x534
I'm in the US and I want a truck or SUV with a diff in the transfer case. For around 3k, I'm not aware of anything other than Land Rovers and maybe Land Cruisers.

Am I missing anything?
>>
>>14707300
Why the fuck would you want a diff in your transfercase?

look at the hurrican/syclone, and maybe the grand cherokee. iirc they used some weird viscous center diff in the transfercase. can probably be swapped into lots of vehicles.
>>
File: 98MPV.jpg (538 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
98MPV.jpg
538 KB, 2048x1536
You mean a center diff to allow for a 4H unlocked sort of mode?

Monteros had this, 4Runners starting in 1999(?) got "multimode" as an option. My old Mazda MPV had this setup, but without a low range in the t-case. Isuzu used a Torque on demand setup, I think it is based around a center diff?
>>
>>14707300
>doesn't know anything about 4x4
>only wants to spend 3k
Shut up and buy a civic
>>
>>14707337
>Why the fuck would you want a diff in your transfercase?
Because it's better.

>>14707343
>You mean a center diff to allow for a 4H unlocked sort of mode?

Yes. I want a high/low case with a locking diff. I can take or leave the option of 2WD
>>
>>14707428
you're right, I should get something with chains in between the flywheel and drive shafts. silly me
>>
>>14707300
2nd Gen Montero has this.

2WD, 4Hi (Viscous Center) 4Hi Locked, 4Lo Locked. If they got the cold weather package they got the rear E locker too.

The 2WD to 4Hi Viscous switch can be made at up to 40 mph according to the manual, I've gone both ways at 80.

Basically I would drive around in 2WD then when I wanted to takumi something into 4Hi it goes. If you apply power while cornering the 4Hi setting has way less understeer than 2WD.
>>
pajeros/monteros have this option. 2nd gen will come with a symmetrical split mechanical super select transfer case and 3rd and 4th gens come with super select 2 transfer cases with assymetrical split and often come with rd locks.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.