[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello everyone, My abs light went on when I was driving. the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: abssss.jpg (7 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
abssss.jpg
7 KB, 277x182
hello everyone, My abs light went on when I was driving. the next day the light was on a the start And disappeared 5 minutes after turning on the car. it does this regularly. I tested the abs on snow today and it still works .... any idea of my problem?
>>
>>14706242
Don't worry about it. Abs is unnecessary.
>>
>>14706386
yhea I used to drive my parents cadillac whit no abs and never locked them but my cobalt easily locks the wheels
>>
>>14706242
Sensor fault on one wheel. Cheap as to fix.
>>
>>14709777
>Cheap as to fix.

>MX5 NB
>ABS sensor needs replacement
>cost of part 110€ (~$130) per

Fucking Mazda, man. They have ridiculously stupid prices for some of the shit for the Miata.
Not OP, though.
>>
>>14709777
How do you find out which sensor is faulty?
>>
>>14709819
OBD scanner and drive the car, it will show which wheel is turning at what speed.
>>
>>14709828
>OBD scanner
Well shit

Is there a way to test each individual sensor with a multimeter?
>>
>>14709832
Nope. Maybe if your car can show diagnostics in something like the climate control panel, but even then I doubt it will show the ABS status.
>>
>>14709832
Sure you can, just lift the car and ask a friend to rotate the wheel while you get the voltmeter on the sensor
You'll find it easily, I've done it last month
>>
>>14709891
>ask a friend
..fuck
>>
>>14709905
Well you can try to do it with your foots, but it'll be easier if u catch a stranger on the sidewalk and give him a carrot cake
>>
>>14709832
Go to autozone, they let you borrow a obd scanner for free
>>
>>14709921
>Go to autozone
The nearest Autozone is about 4000 miles away
>>
>>14709777
Depends on the car. My 05 Focus has replaceable sensors, but on my 05 Monte Carlo they're enclosed in the wheel hub assembly and you'd have to replace the whole thing.
>>
>>14709921
I don't think their scanners do ABS, just engine codes.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.