[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Babababababa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 632x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 632x281
Someone please explain the fascination with rev limiters. Especially factory examples. Double especially civic drivers. WHY is it necessary to spend 10 seconds hitting the limiter between gear shifts? Anything other than retarded?
>>
>>14705171
Because it's fun to rev it up like bam bam bam bam then select d for maximum respect
>>
Bouncing off the limiter wastes time.

Maybe some people like the sound? I don't know what to say.
>>
Off the top of my head, I don't know any "super car" that doesn't leave manual shifting in sport modes. Maybe some that have an additional dial for gearchange options. Though I can't think of one of those either. That's more a GT car thing.
>>
>>14705198

Not if you're spinning... On regular street tires I get limiter even in 3rd if I punch it. Makes your burnouts a little bit more exciting, lol.
>>
>>14705198
Usually not being able to hit the limiter with an automatically shifting gearbox means that it shifts before reaching the red line. Back when, with autoboxes, it was significantly earlier, which made keeping gear for corners a hassle, if not impossible.
But we're way past that point with modern boxes.
>>
>>14705171
There's a point when accelerating and losing traction that it's more beneficial to stay in your current gear and wait for the tires speed to catch up to road speed than it is to upshift and lose your torque multiplication.

It's a little difficult to explain and nearly impossible to understand if you havent raced very much.
>>
>>14705171
Only non-sports cars with automatics shift when you get to redline OP. New sports-oriented cars (e.g. 340i, IS350, etc.) will let you bounce off the limiter when in sports mode with TC off.
>>
>>14705260
It's very easy to understand if you aren't a fucking idiot
>>
Just for some context. The pic is a guy's fb post. This guy currently drives a manual golf and can often be found in the local McDonald's car park "hitting the limiter" whilst stationary.
>>
>>14705171
I like hitting the limiter when I do a burnout at the drag strip or break traction during a race because muh pretty flames

Other than that I don't understand the ricer/squid fascination with hitting the limiter.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.