[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New on auto so bare with me. What is your opinion on "
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: golf r 2016.jpg (216 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
golf r 2016.jpg
216 KB, 2048x1365
New on auto so bare with me.

What is your opinion on "affordable sports cars" such as the Golf R, Honda Civic Type R and so on. Fun or not? I recently drove a Golf R 2016, gotta say it has a nice sound to it, comfortable and so on.
Yay or nay?

pic related - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX_tJFfBt_c
>>
For the same price I can buy a much more interesting (fuck faster or not) used car. Probably even with really low mileage, seeing what popped up every now and then recently. Some really good shit for that kinda money.

So...Don't care.
>>
>>14704003
Those are hot hatches. Affordable sports cars are the 86 and miata, and kit cars.
>>
File: o hates fun.jpg (90 KB, 590x618) Image search: [Google]
o hates fun.jpg
90 KB, 590x618
>>14704003
waste your money on whatever you want, anon

your the one that has to drive it everyday

you will only get anecdotes and shitposting here

drive the cars and make your own opinion
>>
>>14704012
I'm thinking new cars. Lets say you can only buy a new car... which one would you choose?
>>
>>14704013
You're right, my mistake. Still, what would be your choice? Miata isnt really a sports car in my opinon... Way too small engine
>>
>>14704027
Not a new car.
You asked about my opinion.

So, really, >>14704016 that. Get what you want.
They're all fine cars in their own right, as long as you take proper care of them.
>>
>>14704027
golf R because AWD and will net more fun with aftermarket upgrades

civics cant drift
>>
File: FIAT-124-SPIDER-17.jpg (255 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
FIAT-124-SPIDER-17.jpg
255 KB, 1600x1067
>>14704027
Fiat 124
>>
>>14704033
Sportscars are low-built cars designed for the joy of driving. A hatch with a souped up engine is a hot hatch.
>>
>>14704054
joy of driving, have you driven a miata?
>>
>>14704068
You obviously haven't. Or you weigh as much as it and wonder why it won't work, who knows.
>>
>>14704075
No I havent, it was a question, not an insult...
>>
I'll help you out buddy.

>>14704013
Yes, the choices you listed are all hot hatches. Decent compromises between daily-driving/size and fun. I like them and when /o/ isn't being gay they like them too.

New "sports" cars at the $40k mark (with power) would be Mustang, Camaro, Genesis Coupe, 370z all at varying trims and that's pretty much it. You have to dish out more or go used to step up.

I recommend used. Only a few years saves you thousands so you can step up to some better cars
>>
>>14704003
My Dad has a 2015 Golf R and I have a 2011 WRX STi. The golf is a more practical daily driver because it's automatic and rides better, but the STi is more enjoyable to fuck around in being a manual with a more "race-like" suspension.

Feel free to ask me more.
>>
>>14704013
>hot hatches aren't a type of "enthusiast" or "sports" cars
kek

>miata
>sports car
kek
>>
>>14704027
New cars are shit and no fun to drive.
Fuck outta here with your 2016 bullshit
>>
>>14706776
>I can't afford new cars so I talk shit about them on Mesopotamian cuneiform picture posting websites.
>>
>>14704562
The best sports cars for $40K are a used 911, used Cayman, and used Corvette.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.