[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Long distance driving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: IMG_20160321_103347709.jpg (994 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160321_103347709.jpg
994 KB, 2592x1456
Hey guys. Bout to head out on a 11 hr drive.
Any suggestions for road trip games to play or random fun things to stay occupied? It's like the 5th time I've done this drive and it's super boring.
>>
Listen to music all the time.
>>
>>14703160
Case of beer and a shit ton of joints. That's how I do it and my father before me. Don't forget a piss jug. Way of the road.
>>
>>14703180
>Case of beer and a shit ton of joints
Well since I'm going to California this will likely happen when I arrive. But I'm not a smoker. So lots of beer will be nice.
>>
>>14703175
Lol pretty much
>>
>>14703160
Just grin and bear it. There is no real way to make it better. Havin a giant playlist is about all you can do.
>>
>>14703180
>piss jug

Stopping at rest area's or on the sides of country roads to enjoy some fresh air and take in possible sights around you as a huge part of a long drive.

OP, make sure you just relax the whole time, try not to get anxious or speedy, just hit the cruise control and listen to shit tons of music.

Make sure you load up on tissues just in case you need to pick some boogers or blow your nose. Nothing is worse than needing to pick or blow your nose and you have nothing for it.
>>
>>14703200
>long road trip
>not a smoker
Thats where you fucked up, you don't realize how fast Time Is passing while high, took a 5 hr road trip that felt like a 2 hr trip
>>
>>14703160
OP if there are any comedians you particularly enjoy, d/l some of their performances so you can listen to them on the road. When I'm on a long drive and zone out and get goddamn tired, music just makes it worse. Listening to someone talk and laughing wakes me up and keeps me alert
>>
Have gum in the center consol. Strong gum always wakes me up if I get a little drowsy
>>
File: IMG_20160324_110608433.jpg (814 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160324_110608433.jpg
814 KB, 2592x1456
Reporting in!
Coming up to sparks Nevada area.
Making decent time since Oregon upped their speed limit from 55 to 70. Good show Oregon. Good show.
>>
File: IMG_20160324_133123859.jpg (957 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160324_133123859.jpg
957 KB, 2592x1456
Saw this up on the mountain in cali
Pretty sure I'll be making a stop there soon.
>>
File: IMG_20160324_141851934.jpg (909 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160324_141851934.jpg
909 KB, 2592x1456
I found Manuel!!!!
>>
I've made the run from san francisco to phoenix about twenty times or more. That's about 13 hours these days, about 16 back in the era of the 55 mph speed limit.

We used to bring weed and beer all the time back then. Luckily I never got pulled over.

Music is key. Upbeat stuff.

Some caffeine is great, but too much and you'll be stopping to piss somewhere by Quartzite.

Weather will really slow things down. I've hit heavy fog out on Hwy 10 at midnight, and then snow over the Grapevine.

Cruise control on the long sections is great.
>>
>>14703160

Just got done with an 18 hour drive last night. Shit was easy up until the last 3 hours were heavy thunderstorms, rain that you cannot see shit through no matter how hard your wipers are flying, and awakeness dwindling even with coffee in hand.

11 hours is nothing.
>>
>>14703160
11hrs isn't too bad. You should smoke no less than 2 packs of cigs.

I love the 24hr drive from Chicago to Miami. Blast music for awhile. Then get down on some sports talk radio. Smoke a ton of cigs. Eat lots of those watermelon twizzler deals you can only find at truck stops. Slam a few 5hr Energy's. The ususal.
>>
Aside from music, you can try listening to NPR, or a book on tape.

If you feel tired, pull over somewhere, and take a power nap. Anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes of quiet rest with your eyes closed. You dont have to actually fall asleep, the rest alone will make you feel a lot better.

Consider taking a scenic route, even if it adds 2 hours, depending where you take it, it will be worth it.
Refer to the power nap if you feel tired.
>>
>>14704506
>not picking and flicking
>>
>>14703180
>drinking or smoking while driving
Bathe with a toaster
>>
>>14706130
>cigs
Dip will last him longer as long as he has a spitter bottle
>>
Honestly a j would really help. Find a good book to listen to, and you're done son.
Don't drink and drive degenerate-tan.
>>
Floor the pedal and half the drive time
>>
stop to pee and take pics, and learn to change gears by rev sync, without touching the clutch.
>>
man, every long drive i have through states and shit, i look online for the best truck stop food and what not. then just every couple of hours, i stop at one and get some good food.

or, cause this is 4chan, i stop i blow gay truckers in bathrooms.
>>
>>14703160
>Any suggestions for road trip games to play or random fun things to stay occupied?

You can try my favorite game. It's called "keep your eyes on the road and stop fucking around while you're behind the wheel of a car."

It's pretty fun, and the rules are pretty simple, stop trying to distract yourself from driving, stop pretending you're the only person on the fucking road, and keep your gay ass to the right if you aren't passing anyone. Oh, and listen to music.
>>
>>14706466
Shut up
>>
>>14706473
"no"
>>
>>14706488
Oh ok
>>
Dip some kind of wintergreen and get addicted
>>
>all these addicts
I made it safely BTW.
Fucking Tesla's everywhere
>>
>>14706130
How are you not dead yet bro?
>>
>>14706635
This, or mint. Nothing like getting dip after dip with your buddy on a 14 hour all nighter on the commute back home.
>>
File: images.jpg (2 KB, 65x106) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2 KB, 65x106
>>14704837
>sitting in the right lane of an open road
>not doing 95-100 on open stretches
>calls himself an /o/tist
>>
>>14703160
Books on tape, or find another more scenic route
>>
>>14703160

Plenty of road snacks. Looks like you at least have some decent scenery, some drives can seem to take forever because of boring geography.
>>
>>14708062
not him but on trips where it's clear in front I do about 20 over. if there's a bend, hill, or other blind area I slow down to 10 over just incase theres a cop
>>
>>14708062
Ever have a ticket in Oregon?
>>
>>14703160
If you're going through Oregon, get gas on a border state. Many of the gas station attendants are sketchy. (but obviously not all of them)
>>
I drive to Panama City Beach from Ky every year and I keep myself awake by finding a bunch of new bands I've never listened to and download their discography. Keeps me occupied.

That and 5hr energy. I grew up taking Adderall for ADHD (ADHD fucking sucks btw, you never grow out of it, you just figure out how to deal) and 5hr manages to keep my ass awake when everything else has the opposite effect.
>>
>>14703160
See how long you can close your eyes then keep trying to beat your record
>>
Did a 21 from wv to texas kept busy by listing to music and pulling up on people like a cop
>>
>>14703160

Masturbate the whole way.

Hard mode: don't cum until you reach your destination
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.