[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What possible performance upgrades could I make to this 1985
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
What possible performance upgrades could I make to this 1985 Mazda 323 with a 1.5 litre carburettor engine?
>>
Crushing it and using the metal to make a V8 car.
>>
>>14702694
exhaust manifold and system
baiku carbs
skimmed p+p head
recurved dizzy
>>
>>14702694
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5lHdZ8gF6E&ab_channel=MightyCarMods

look no further, this is what you do to get faster
>>
>>14702701
Knew someone was gonna say it
>>
Don't do anything. It will never be fast or fun.
>>
>>14702792
>It will never be fast or fun
put an LS in there
>>
>>14702694
Do an engine swap with a newer 323F and you'll have a fun shitbox to roll around in. It'll also make it fun to hoon about in.
>>
do a devac to the carb, rebuild the card (or swap it for something like a weber), blow through turbo since its carb'd
>>
If you haven't done it yet do a tune up and check your valves and timing to make sure they are in spect. Also if they are still stock a vacuum line refresh can do wonders for responsiveness especially if it has a vacuum advance which it probably does based on the year.
>>
>>14702694
LS SWAP + BLOWER

MAKE IT HAPPEN
>>
>>14702694
you can allways make it a zokusha
>>
>>14702694

LS
>>
>>14702694
besides the engine (knowing /o/, i can imagine the first suggestion was an ls1 or a turbo), you should really upgrade the suspension.

all that power won't help if you can't stick to the road.

also, tyres and brakes.

brakes don't stop the car, tyres do.
and the best way to overtake someone is to outbrake them.

but, before all that, make sure the car is mint, and that it doesn't need any repairing.
>>
File: IMAG0084.jpg (98 KB, 1023x612) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0084.jpg
98 KB, 1023x612
>>14702694
Your best bet is to dump the 1.5L into a dumpster, convert to fuel injection in the process of swapping in a 1.8L BP engine.
>>
>>14702694
You really need to leave this stock.
>>
>>14704846
sought after appreciating future classic amirite
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.