[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are expensive cars allowed to be so much less reliable than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_0251.jpg (564 KB, 2275x1160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0251.jpg
564 KB, 2275x1160
Why are expensive cars allowed to be so much less reliable than cheaper cars? This ferrari is the more reliable of the lot, and it still has massive reliability issues that would call for other cars heads to be cut off, but apparently it's the best car of its time.
>>
it's not that they're allowed to, it's that the higher performance comes from making an engine with tighter tolerances etc which means smaller imbalances or flaws can create bigger problems. As tech improves, we will be able to get more performance without the big reliability hit, but as it has been, it is almost impossible for the two to co-exist just from a mechanics standpoint
>>
>>14702677

>meanwhile my 480hp big block chevelle hasn't caused me a single issue

Enjoy those mechanic bills new car cucks.
>>
>>14702646

Most of them are driven less then 200 miles a year, so the problems never get noticed.
>>
>>14702677
s2000 made highest hp/l on an na engine until the 458 came along, and they make it past 200,000 miles quite easily. reliability on a high strung motor can exist.

it's just lazy engineering and a lack of actual testing on ferraris behalf. They're more concerned with whose buying their cars then actually making a decent product.
If Enzo were brought back to life he would just kill himself at how far Ferrari has come from what he envisioned.
>>
>>14702677
>it's not that they're allowed to, it's that the higher performance comes from making an engine with tighter tolerances etc which means smaller imbalances or flaws can create bigger problems.

That's funny.

For some reason Porsche makes some of the most reliable cars and probably the most reliable in the same class as those glorified Fiats
>>
>>14702646
build a V8 or V12 that redlines at 8500+ that doesn't need serviced frequently. seriously, would make billions.
>>
>>14703003
ferrari has been down hill since he sold ferrari to fiat in the early 70's. they're no longer car's for drivers, but cars for collectors.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.