[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Acura Integra
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9
What do you guys think of the Acura Integra?
Specifically the GS-R trim, 1995 model year.

I just got one and I was wondering what I should do first as far as babby's first mods.
I've read that a new suspension would help, and I'd like to drop it an inch or so.
What are the differences between shocks and struts and coilovers?
>>
>>14701222
The Integra is a fantastic car, but please keep it stock. There are so few non-raped ones left.
>>
>>14701222

Wish I could own one. They're thief magnets though, especially down here in FL.
I just want to keep it bone stock with maybe some nice tasteful wheels and take care of it.
>>
>>14701222
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Coilovers+vs+struts
>>
File: IMG_4439_EzSV_0.jpg (280 KB, 672x448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4439_EzSV_0.jpg
280 KB, 672x448
>>14701222
>babbys first mods
a good set of quality adjustable coilovers
lightweight aluminum wheels in a wider size
sticky summer tires
high performance brake pads/lines/rotors/brake fluid
sway bars
chassis stiffening

but before you even think about doing mods, fix every broken thing on the car, replace every fluid, inspect every major component. repairs and maintenance should always come before mods
>>
>>14701229
I mean, I plan on keeping everything as stock as possible (no steering wheel swaps or gaudy interior jobs).
OP pic is pretty much exactly what mine looks like, pic incoming from phone of my wheels which are different and a bit of plastidip the previous owner did.

my plans are to drive it til it dies (with good maint, etc) while trying to get max gain from a NA engine, then when the engine finally gives out (assuming I still have it) I'm going to do a K-series swap and make it a type-R lookalike that I can drive without worrying about "worth 20k beaten to shit" type r prices.

>>14701261
there is absolutely nothing wrong with it apart from an ABS light (I can't identify it and it goes away after a few cold starts which makes me think it might be a glitch)
I plan on taking it to an acura dealership to get the ABS inspected but to be honest that'll be the kind of job I'll have to wait for due to having to find a doner vehicle etc.

Baby is bone stock, 115k miles, single owner.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 2448x2448
>>14701277
>>
>>14701222
For the past 10 years I've been driving a '94 in the same color, same configuration, with same wheels as your pic. All stock

I've always thought it was decent, but have grown to love it in the past few years. This is reinforced every time I sit in a newer vehicle. Seriously, it's a great car
>>
>>14701277
>I'm going to do a K-series swap
I approve of this. K-series are awesome

>make it a type-R lookalike
I don't approve of this. 5 lug swap, fine. But don't make it something it isn't. if I had to mod it, id do a JDM from end swap and leave it at that visually.
>>
>>14701306
>5 lug swap
nah man I just meant JDM front end & trunk lid (gotta have matching Honda badges for muh autism) and the aero.
I expect I'll have it on aftermarket wheels by then anyway.
>>
I always hear about integras being stolen in america, is there any particular reason why?
>>
>>14701317
P. easy to break in to
>tfw am OP, have broken into my own car twice, and gotten the hood open without getting inside once
I have an alarm hooked up to my phone, an ignition cutoff and a hood latch relocation.
The GS-R has a really good engine for tuning (for what it is) and is very popular for baby's first civic build.
Other than that, not really.
>>
File: HELLO.jpg (39 KB, 599x594) Image search: [Google]
HELLO.jpg
39 KB, 599x594
>>14701222
SOMEONE SAY INTEGRA???
>>
>>14701317
parts are extremely high in demand

that feeling when there are almost no 80s integras left because of stealing and rust
>>
File: Giraffe-Tongue-Orchestra.jpg (80 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Giraffe-Tongue-Orchestra.jpg
80 KB, 1000x750
>>14701222
>be wise and not modify an econobox
>dd the fuck out of it
>save up $15k
>sell it
>buy an s2000
>?????
>>
>>14701222
Jdm front end but keep the Usdm one for later.
>>
File: typegsr.jpg (230 KB, 1200x751) Image search: [Google]
typegsr.jpg
230 KB, 1200x751
Whats up OP!

I just bought a bone stock GSR from the original owner too. I cant believe how well balanced these cars are from the factory. I could only imagine having a Type R.

I think the first thing I'm going to do is change out the bushings. The car feels like it is a little soft. Probably for comfort reasons.
>>
>>14701222
dampers bushings and sway bars
lowering ride hight is in most part about reducing suspension travel
just keep your roll centre close to your centre of mass and your king angle inside the contact patch center
.t bullshit artiest
>>
File: 20140811_165124resize.jpg (1 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
20140811_165124resize.jpg
1 MB, 2656x1494
>>14701222
My good friend has one, bought 1 owner from an old lady at 130k, probably never hit v tec once. His is a 94, 4dr, we put coil overs, bushings and full exhaust on it (just did headers yesterday). One of the best handling cars ive driven. The only other car that ive driven that I thought handled better was an e36 m3, granted I haven't driven to many other performance cars. Having a 8.3k fuel cut is a fucking amazing also. If you don't care about muh rwd/ or straight line speed its a great car for the price probably nothing better imo.

Paints shit but what are you gonna do
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 2160x3840) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 2160x3840
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 2160x3840) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 2160x3840
>>
>>14701317
>integras being stolen in america
that's why I'm afraid to buy and integra or crx
>>
>>14701277
Abs light is a common issue on these cars. It shouldn't fail inspection because of it. If it really bothers you you can carefully remove and clean the sensor. That should fix it until it gets dorty. Also its easy to screw up the sensor while working on your brakes if you arent careful so if its always on and doesn't turn on and off then check the sensor and wiring.

They are nice cars. I have a 96 integra ls. Mine needs the suspension refeshed as its at 185k miles and im sure the shocks are original. The tire rubs on the plastic inside the wheel well in high g cornering situations.
>>
I leased an 01 gsr black on black with mt and loved it. Fast enough, and got 30mpgs. I currently drive on 05 acura tl mt and its even better!
>>
I have a plain old LS 1998 Integra and a 2001 330i. The 330i has nice acceleration and NICE brakes. But...the Integra is still way more fun to drive, and I think part of it is being so much lighter. It does seem to "handle better" but it's almost more that you can just throw it around.

In curvy mountain roads, bone stock, the Integra just wants to effing GO--hate to use the cliche, but literally like it's on rails. You will get stuck behind motorcycles--OFTEN.

OH..and one big thing... visibility in the Integra has to but up there with the best of any cars... Hated the 'low' visibility of the 330i after driving my Integra so long.

but like people said, keep it bone stock. All I did was a front strut tower bar. Over 150K and still have original muffler, cat, shocks/struts....

New stuff- Timing belt, clutch at 120K, and replaced busted axle ($90 or so) replaced leaky valve cover gasket once--then again when the replacement one wasn't seated right or just sucked and failed after 8 mo. or so
>>
oh and BTW, the 98 integra, for same exact coverage costs more than the 01 330i to insure..
(my insurance company puts being stolen/vandalized/run into all in the same package, YMMV)

friggin car thieves.
>>
>>14704941
How much per month? I'm planning on looking at a '99 GSR later today, if insurance is too much I'd be a little put off.
>>
>>14704957

ah well I have USAA, and both my friend and I have had telemarketers literally give up on the spot once they hear we have USAA, because they know there is no way they can beat their rates
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.