[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some fun, rugged vehicles with 3rd row seating (or that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: JeepCommander.jpg (100 KB, 584x392) Image search: [Google]
JeepCommander.jpg
100 KB, 584x392
What are some fun, rugged vehicles with 3rd row seating (or that will seat 2 adults & 3 small children w boosters/baby seats)? We've got another kid on the way (the 3rd) and I have to get rid of my '04 Wrangler unfortunately.

Even older vehicles are OK. As long as they're relatively safe & not a known POS. Its a family car after all, but I still want it to be fun & don't wanna go down the mini van path of no return.
>>
Mid 80s barn door 'burban with a 6.2
>>
just get a flex
>>
>>14700734
Buy a minivan faggot. It's exactly what you need. Who are you trying to impress?

You should have thought about that before having kids.
>>
>>14700751
Not trying to impress anyone at all (I'm a dad & a husband, I don't have the energy to give a flying fuck what anyone thinks). But you don't need a mini van to seat 3 kids comfortably. Its the easy route sure, but its also boring as all hell.

Hell, I remember my uncle used to pile in everyone into his Bronco back in the day. Fun ride & everyone was comfortable.
>>
>>14700841
How much can you spend? Cash or financing? Post your local Craigslist
>>
>>14700740

Suburban is the answer.

Tahoe is also acceptable.
>>
1st gen Durangos are pretty great, they can handle off-roading pretty well and they could easily fit 5+ people. The SLT has leather seats and is pretty comfy too
>>
>>14700865
>muh 10 mpg
>>
>>14700861
>this
OP you can find burbans cheap, and the extra room is great. Those three kids won't stay small forever, and then there will be situations where you will have to pick up thier friends and shit.
>>
File: 020.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
020.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>seats 9 comfortably
>can still offroad
>fold the rear seats down and you have a 9ft truck bed
probably not very safe though
>>
>>14703548
We have one of these as a shitbox at the farm. Is comfy and powerful enough to pull a trailer loaded with the ex girlfriends shit.
>>
>>14700734
Why not just get a Hemi powered Commander if you like Jeep?
>>
>>14703725
May go that route. Just a bit harder to find since limited production.

As far as burbans go, any year or trim in particular I should look at? The newer ones are damn expensive, so will prob get an older one. But newer the better obviously.

Do they hold up well??
>>
>>14703812
pre 92 if you want a solid axle offroad vehicle that can carry the kids, 01-07 if you want a comfortable DD that can go down a fire road occasionally. 92-00 if you want something in between. they all hold up well, pre 92 everything was solid and they had no issues other than rust. the 92-95 had a rather gutless TBI but starting in 96 they switched to the vortec 5.7 until 01 when they adopted the 5.3 out of the fullsize trucks. 01-07 had some rear end issues if you abuse them and the 4l60 trans dosnt hold up to the v8 if you beat on it. all of those problems can be remedied by getting a 3/4 ton suburban with the 6.0L and 4l80 though
>>
>>14703952
Good shit mane. Thanks.
>>
File: 00a0a_3pULGKMwkS9_600x450.jpg (45 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
00a0a_3pULGKMwkS9_600x450.jpg
45 KB, 600x450
>>14703812
Get a 7 or 9 passenger wagon. You're never actually going to go offroad.

Roadmaster wagon, crown vic wagon, any old domestic wagon. And they look cooler. Something like pic related. Safety is overrated.
>>
>>14704173
>safety is overrated
hey look, i found the guy with no kids!
i used to think like you, having kids changes that

>plus OP said the newer the better and a ratty old stationwagon is worse than a minivan while being way older
b-but i wanna b-be a special snowflake
>>
>driving a modern day jeep
>doesn't want a minivan
You're already there.
>>
>>14704191
well then,
>having kids
you dun goofed.
>>
>>14704327
My Wrangler is a 2004 TJ (the last of the real Wranglers in my & many people's opinions). Its lifted, 33" tires, stinger, winch, shaved flares, relocated turn signals to the grill, & a whole bunch of other mods.

So no, its a real Jeep & not a Hummer lookalike soccer mom 4 door Wrangler you see on the roads today. Fuckers don't even wave. That's how you know who's driving those things.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.