[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone on /o/ share some insight on the 2004 Honda Civic VP?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 2004_Civic_VP.jpg (67 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
2004_Civic_VP.jpg
67 KB, 640x479
Anyone on /o/ share some insight on the 2004 Honda Civic VP?

I'm thinking about buying this one.

$5990 with 148k miles on it.

It's more miles than I'd want on it and I'm hoping to get the price down a tad bit more + trade in.

Just thoughts on general on the 04 Civic VP for people who've owned them or driven them?
>>
Well, understand that "VP" means value package. That trim has only the bare fucking essentials for a car. Doesn't even have power locks and trust me, you'll sorely want those. For 6k you can get a similar car of similar vintage, just get something a couple of trim levels higher for 500-1k more.

Source: I actually owned a 2011 Civic VP for a while.
>>
>>14698393
Are car prices fucked in the US?

In Canada you can get a 2008ish Midsize with leather seats for that price...

I imagine the VP is the same as the Canadian CL (which we call Canadian Loser) with no AC, no power locks just the bare essentials?

What the fuck OP
>>
>>14698471

I'm fairly certain the VP packages here in the States at least have A/C, at least my 2011 did.

In terms of pricing, 6k is a bit much for what the Civic VP offers, for a 2004 at least. But then again, Honda always has a the "Honda Tax" on them here.
>>
>>14698471
http://www.mylenbuschautosource.net/2006_Volkswagen_Passat_O%20Fallon_MO_262480147.veh

Dont be a Faggot OP, why would you buy a Civic at that price?
>>
>>14698452
Thanks for the information on the VP. Didn't know about the lack of all those basic car functions.

How about a 2003 Honda EX with 128k miles for $5300?
>>
>>14698504
Buy a plane ticket and buy that same car in south carolina for 3k
>>
>>14698504

Price is high, but it's at least a car you'd be happier with. It'd have way more features than a VP. What city/state do you live in?
>>
>>14698521
St. Louis Missouri.

It's tough to find a car in this price range with decent mileage so my options are kind of limited.
>>
>>14698532
I should follow that up by saying that I'm looking exclusively for a manual transmission, that's what making finding cars of this criteria more difficult.
>>
>>14698538
Expand your search radius. St. louis has lots of poor people and poor people don't always maintain cars well.
>>
>>14698538

An option that might save you some coins is a Ford Focus of that vintage. You'll avoid the Honda tax, should be a decent amount of manual options out there, and they're pretty reliable & simple to maintain.

However, if that option falls through and the prices are still insane, then a Civic EX wouldn't be a bad choice from that era.

Don't be afraid to also do as >>14698545 said. If you expand your search radius you're bound to hit an area that is less crazy expensive. You don't buy a car everyday so making a drive for a good price on one shouldn't be too bad.

Good luck.
>>
>>14698551
I found two Ford Focuses actually.

There's a 05 ZX4 SE with 114k miles for $4990.

There's also a 2000 SE with 58k miles for $3990. I'm expecting that the transmission was rebuilt or something because the mileage seems so low.
>>
>>14698564

Both good options, but they're still really high.

You should *really* expand that search radius to save some coin all together.

Check this out

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5496068654.html

> '00 Focus
> 99k miles
> $1,990
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>14698393
I had been looking for a Civic myself. I was finding 03-05 LX/EX sedans with all power options, some with moon roofs and between 130 and 160k for $2500-3500 on Craigslist. the car you posted is insanely overpriced.

I ended up buying a very clean 2004 Civic Si hatchback for $3500 with 160k and tons of new parts.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>14699043
fucking sideways pictures goddamnit
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.