[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fiat fucked it up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Abarth-124-Spider[1].jpg (63 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Abarth-124-Spider[1].jpg
63 KB, 800x450
>usa getting EVEN LESS POWER than the eurocuck version
http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/22/fiat-124-spider-elaborazione-abarth-new-york-official/
YOU HAD ONE JOB FIAT

thankfully, you can get 200whp with just a tune, and there's a 230whp version of this tune coming soon which uses a couple bolt-ons
http://www.hpsimotorsports.com/#!eurodrive-14lturbo/c1j54

this was a terrible, terrible error on their part
>>
>Anon wait for the Fiat wait for the Fiat
>don't buy the ND it's terribele

no fuck you.
>>
the definition of wasted potential
this could have been legendary from the factory, but at least it'll be legendary used
>>
>>14697915
Sure you can tune it, if you don't mind losing your warranty...

Still, at the same time, it's a fucking MX-5-based roadster. These kinds of cars have never been about being the fastest things for the money. They weren't in the 50s, and they aren't today. Not saying a faster version wouldn't have been nice, but I wouldn't write the Fiata off as a POS just yet.
>>
>>14697915
They detuned it so it won't compete with the severely underpowered and overpriced 4C.

Again, nobody cares. These 1.4's are really easy to tune, unlike the non-turbo and relatively new Skyactiv units in the ND. There's just easy gains to be had everywhere with the 1.4.

>>14697956
This will probably be the best bet if you want a cheap 250hp roadster though. It'll take some investment, but surely less than any Mazda n/a motor would take.
>>
>sell sports car in country that cares the most about power
>give it less power

Dumbfuck FCA. Might as well just get an ND.
>>
>>14697970
not really sure if the 4c is comparable since it's far more expensive and has much more interesting materials
>>
Surprised they didn't go full retard and make it FWD.
>>
>>14697956
abarth 500's have been rolling around on this HPSI tune at 200whp for a while now without much if any issues that i can see.
same with the dodge darts, although the engine is somewhat different in that application
>>
>>14697979
>Italian
>RWD
>2 seater
>comes in red
>sub-2L i4 turbo
>lightweight
Pretty comparable.

>>14697982
They've got the 500 for that though.
>>
i think longpostguy is going to be on suicide watch
>>
What the fuck FCA. ONE JOB.
>>
>>14697992
It'll just mean he'll have someone else take the epreciation hit, buy it for 50-60% of MSRP in two to three years, and put a tune on it.

>>14697997
FCA is now consistently the company you kinda want to root for, does kinda cool things, but they always seem to fuck it up.
>>
Can't wait to see these riced up on the street reving at every red light
>>
File: 1419265103935.jpg (91 KB, 960x636) Image search: [Google]
1419265103935.jpg
91 KB, 960x636
>>14697970
>This will probably be the best bet if you want a cheap 250hp roadster though.
WHY DID GM ABANDON US?!
>>
>>14698028
to be fair, they will sound fucking incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfQ73shGGoc

they'll have almost the same exhaust as the 500 abarth
>>
>>14698006
>FCA is now consistently the company you kinda want to root for, does kinda cool things, but they always seem to fuck it up.
I feel the same way about Dodge, oddly enough.
>>
>>14698086
Dodge is part of FCA ya doofus.
>>
>>14698086
>>14698006
Oh, FCA. Thought you said Fiat, disregard my post.
>>
>>14698095
>>14698096
8 fucking seconds
>>
>americucked
>>
>>14697992
Honestly this was the first thing i thought of when i saw this thread
I mean whats the point of this thing now. Its heavier, way more expensive just for a base model, and now its gimped on hp
Fucking Fiat
>>
>>14698068
I like the sound of it actually not too loud or too quiet just right
>>
>>14698226
it sounds even better in person, its just a fantastic exhaust note

this 124 abarth still has the potential to be excellent but it NEEEEEDS that tune to really be an abarth proper.
thankfully the tune is like $700 and its 200whp with seemingly no reliability hits, at least according to about two years of happy 500 abarth customers
>>
>>14698215
>whats the point of this thing now
Turbo for easy tuneability.
Less angry-face-styling
Italianness (for better or worse)
Something not that shitty in Fiat's lineup.
>>
How much is it going to be in the US?
>>
>Americans
Lol
>>
no one cares about this car
>>
>>14697992
>i think longpostguy is going to be on suicide watch

See below

>>14698006
>It'll just mean he'll have someone else take the depreciation hit, buy it for 50-60% of MSRP in two to three years, and put a tune on it.
Exactly. All they did was make sure I'm not gonna buy one new

>>14698068
To be fair, I called the Fiat dealership here in Raleigh today and basically gave them a "WTF?!" as they had been telling everyone to expect the Abarth to have closer to 200hp in US spec, but they just gave me the typical non-answers.

Wait a year or two, pick one up half price, throw a tune and a few upgrades on it, and enjoy it
>>
>>14697989
>Italian

I found your mistake.
>>
Anyone who buys it is just gonna swap the poop engine for an LS anyways
>>
>>14697915
>ever buying fca
I would only buy a challenger or charger v8 only or the hemi durango and ram
Also may I the Cummings but everything else is crap
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 330x319
>Failure In Automotive Technology
>>
>>14700096
>engine swaps in anything newer than 2008
good fucking luck
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 258x255) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 258x255
>Faggot Italians Attempt Transport
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.