[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>need to buy a first car soon >no idea at all what to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: urGMtsG.jpg (26 KB, 542x474) Image search: [Google]
urGMtsG.jpg
26 KB, 542x474
>need to buy a first car soon
>no idea at all what to get

Help, I don't know a single thing besides look for something under 70000km. Ausfag if it matters
>>
>first car
>Aus

Get a Honda.
>>
>>14696864
Holden Ute
>>
>>14696864
Modern corolla. off you go.
>>
>>14696866
Explain please.

>>14696868
>Holden

>>14696869
any 1 in particular?
>>
>>14696875
>no idea at all what to get
As far as I know there's nothing to go wrong if you buy a corolla. just get one you like or something like that. Or a honda civic. Holdens/forrds are allright if you want an automatic queerbox.
>>
>>14696875
>Explain please.

Get a Honda.
>>
>>14696880
okay what honda then?
>>
>>14696888
Civic or Accord.
>>
get a xr6
>>
>>14696901
me old dad had one last decade, what's so good about them? besides being the Commadores ford counterpart, which is a shit reason in the first place?
>>
first car?

GO on Facebook Buy Swap and Sell.

Price Range? No more than $2000

Look for something manual WITH REGO! Go look, drive it to a mechanic and get a pink slip inspection done. If its not falling apart, literally, buy it and learn to drive it for at least 18 months.

during that time, save money, and go do a few track days at Marulan (Assuming you live near Sydney). If another state, go to a car forum in Aus and ask where a good learning race track is.

Learn to drive that shitbox, then after 2 years of saving, buy something better.

Short distance driving - then only buy a 4cyl.

Long distance driving - get a 6 cylinder.
>>
>>14696914
>Short distance driving - then only buy a 4cyl.
>Long distance driving - get a 6 cylinder.

Explain this? and thanks for those tips.
>>
>>14696875
6th gen corolla with dat 3 valve
>>
Something aussie and rwd for sikk skidz, cunt.
>>
>>14696932
4 cylinder if you drive around town and too the shops and shit.

6 cylinder if you are going on the F3 to Sydney from Newcastle, or you are going to tow a trailer or something.

More Cylinders and Bigger Engine Size (How many litres) is better for high speed crusing (ie on the F3 at 110kmh) than a 4 cylinder revving really high at 110kmh.

But if you are driving around at max 50-70kmh every day, get a small 4 cylinder. Your wallet will thank you.
>>
File: 2013-10-06 10.48.48.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
2013-10-06 10.48.48.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>14696936
i had a 750$ AU Falcon ute for this exact reason. Ive owned Supras, GTRS and Silvias. Ive never had so much fun than with that shitbox.
>pic related is the day i bought it
>>
>>14696905
It has a solid inline 6 engine (vs commonwhore's V6) and is rear wheel drive.
>>
>>14696991
Explain why those are preferable? I know fuck all nothing about cars, friend.
>>
>>14696864
unmodified manual nissan primera.. get in quick
>>
>>14696999
>Explain why those are preferable
I6 is a naturally balanced engine unlike V6 which is also heavier and more complicated. If the engine is well balanced naturally it means less vibration of the car, free-er revving, and probably more power too because you don't waste anything on spinning weights around. RWD is preferable for hektick skidzz cunny
>>
File: 1458110132869.jpg (40 KB, 523x480) Image search: [Google]
1458110132869.jpg
40 KB, 523x480
>>14696864
Just get a old Falcon i6 or Dunnydoor V8 if you can legally drive one.

Stay away from the Falcon v8 5.0l and the Dunnydoor v6 they are CRAP engines for the most part

Dunnydoors are better cars than the falcon but the v6 is a horrid engine ANY of them are shite

the i6 is almost unkillable unless you redline it every day for 4 years.

Magnas are crap stay away

old JDM cars are unreliable overpriced dreck same with euro cars stay away
>>
>>14697009
adding to this. i6 is not always preferable. as i6 is nearly twice the length of a V6, so they will have long noses (See Supra or UZZ31).

And, its extra weight, so the front wheels are loaded up a bit heavier in an unbalanced car so understeer can result.

however, neither of those are reasons not to get an i6. i6s fukcing rock. as this anon >>14697009 pointed out.
>>
>>14696905
>what's so good about them?
Almost unkillable i literally rallied mine for 4 years.

That been said they are 25+ year old cars unless you wunna drop 5-10k on a BF-FG

Commadores are more reliable but only the V8 as i have already said.

The v6 is a TURD

the 5.0l ford is also a turd
>>
dont go crazy for your first car. I recommend 2000 MAX

Get a 4 door mitsubishi lancer from late 90's/early 00's. Ive seen really nice ones before, they're easy to buy cheap if you're patient. Good on fuel, forgiving, small and cheap. Good commuter

6 cylinders are a petrol guzzler if you arent on highways often. Good for hills, the occasional trailer, comfortable for 5 people which is good if you're carpooling alot. Good trunk space. Again, expensive if you aren't committed to upkeeping the car and thirstier. Also gives you an introduction to heavier cars , their handling properties and geometry, as you will find heavier 6's are harder to throw around vs a 4 banger

I wouldn't recommend an 8 cylinder for your first car. Unless you're towing heavy shit all the time, going through the hills whilst towing or you like to go fast in a straight line. Very thirsty on fuel, even more expensive on parts compared to a 6 and you will notice a v8 tax on everything. Only do this if you have alot of disposable income

tl;dr get a mitsubishi lancer
>>
>I don't know a single thing besides look for something under 70000km
So you don't actually know anything.

Scratch that requirement right off.
>>
>>14696864
/dat/ has a sticky I think
>>
>>14696864
>the one thing I know is a misconception /o/ hates
>>
>>14696864
FORD FALCON ECOLPI
266HP stock....STOCK you can easily push it way higher. Makes more power than petrol, ford actually had to detune it because it was more powerful than the turbo petrol so they didnt want to lose sales there. Massive boot, 5 seats, rwd, turn off abs and do burnouts in dry weather, complete sleeper, costs absolutely nothing to run on lpg and will smoke basically every japcrap on the road (except the modified ones) you can get one for like $16,000 so yeah do it. Oh also its the same engine taxis use, well maintained theyll last over 700,000kms
>>
>>14696937
>be in ford falcon
>doing 110 on the freeway
>only 1250rpm
>feelsgoodman
>>
>>14697028
who even cares about long noses? It makes the supra, skylinr, falcon look 10x better imo
>>
>>14698420
i think so too. but its a valid point i think. i mean, i like long short and whatever. cant judge a car just on its bonnet.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.