[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One of my tires has been shredded beyond repair. My other tires
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: tires.jpg (1021 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
tires.jpg
1021 KB, 1500x1500
One of my tires has been shredded beyond repair. My other tires should have about half their life left.

Is it just a tall tale that you should have all tires at the same age and wear, or should I buy 4 brand new tires?
>>
Do you have money?
>>
If your car is fwd or rwd, buy two tires. If your car IS AWD, buy four.
>>
just replace two and get the old and new on the same drive train if you can't afford all four.
>>
Costco Tire Installer here,
You can buy just 2 tires and you should be fine but just be sure to leave the tires with the higher speed rating on the back.
It's never a good idea to mix tires on the same axle.
If you can afford it just buy 4 brand new tires and be done with it
>>
I'd at least buy two new ones for the non-drive axle and put the two best used ones on the drive axle. You can always keep the 3rd for a spare until it gets to be about 5-7 years old depending on the tire and storage.
>>
>>14695419
>>14695409
Costco TI here, what he said. If you have awd you have no choice but to buy 4 new
>>
>>14695400

I've had 3 different sizes and 4 different brands of tires on my car at the same time and none of them were put on at the same mileage. no problems at all.
>>
>>14695430
>no problems at all
That you know of maybe
>>
>>14695407
I stack luchini to the ceiling. I'm just not sure it's it worth dropping a band of guac on four
Pirelli P Zeros if I could just buy one.
>>
>>14695430
isn't that bad for the drivetrain?
>>
>>14695443

I ran all of those tires down to the cords swapping them in and out as they started throwing sparks. people freak about tires and think they need z rated michelins brand new for their 75 mph commuter. by the way i went up to 100ish on that mismatched combo.
>>
>>14695400
If you cannot afford all 4 new tires, buy two new tires, or two used tires of the same brand, and tread wear.

The tires with better traction should always go in the rear. always. no exception, unless AWD then they must be 4 new tires.

If you are broke ass, look into General. They make decent tires.
Also, Discount Tire had a sale on eBay last week, $100 off tires over $400.
>>
>>14695419
>If you can afford it just buy 4 brand new tires and be done with it

Looks like I'll be spreadin mad fetty this week my man
>>
Who makes the finest tires? I only want certified gold for my fine whip
>>
You'll be fine. But good luck finding someone that will install it. The fags at corporate tire places won't do it (cough Costco cough). Why sell only 1 when you can sell 4?

I had a work vehicle that had 4 different brands on it at one point. No issues other than the boss refused to spring for some heavy duty Duratracs or whatever so we kept getting punctures (open pit mine).

Just head down to the barrio and Miguel at Gutierrez Tires will hook you up.
>>
>>14695646
>The fags at corporate tire places won't do it (cough Costco cough). Why sell only 1 when you can sell 4?

Straight scammin that mozzarella
>>
>>14695486
I don't think anyone makes gold tires but I could be totally clueless....
>>
>>14695470
>The tires with better traction should always go in the rear

No. Best traction should be at the front. ALL your steering and braking is at the front. Good traction on the rear isn't going to help you if you have to stop with almost all the weight of the vehicle on the front tires.
>>
>>14695486
depends on who you ask. i say michelin. the super sports are amazing to drive on.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.