[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
S10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
What are your thoughts on the Chevy/GMC s10? What would you use it for and how would you upgrade one? I love my v6 5-speed '97 Chevy s10 but there seems to be a lot of hate for them out there.
>>
>>14694730
I had a 1992 Sonoma with the 4.3 and 5 speed. Awesome little truck for me in high school. Wish I had it back.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
Only one that's worth a hoot
>>
Ranger > S10
>>
I had a 91, a 94, and a 02 Blazer. So yeah, I like them. Fuel pump did go out on each one though.

Not sure I'd upgrade them to be honest. At this point, they are becoming really dated. And the parts to soup up the 4.3 are just too spendy for me. If you insist on it, I'd just do bolt ons like exhaust and headers. Good tires (that goes for off-roaders and on-roaders).
>>
>>14695702
I should also mention under drive pulleys and an electric fan conversion was always recommended on the various forums. Evidently a fan from a 90s Ford Taurus works. I never did mine.
>>
>At the time S10 was sold it was a mediocre small truck.
>Not great, but not at good as it's Japanese competitors, cheaper though and sold in many more configurations
>As new small trucks disappeared from the market however the enormous amount of cheaply available S-10s has people appreciating them more
>ZR-2, eXtreme are more desirable trim levels to look out for.
>Syclone and Typhoon are beast mode
>Holy Grail is Marlboro Typhoon
>>
Like all light trucks do a engine swap.
Ranger has 302
S10 has the 305/350
Dakota already has the magnum.
>>
File: youre a lousy sunnuva bitch.jpg (81 KB, 1233x679) Image search: [Google]
youre a lousy sunnuva bitch.jpg
81 KB, 1233x679
S10 owner here

They have a pretty good after market, everyone seems to love to drop and bag these trucks. White and beaners alike. I actually raised mine , previous dipshit chopped the front springs, and dropped the back a bit.

Most people swap a 350 sbc, but the LS is the superior swap and most favored. I'll bite these can fly with a v8, the RWD only weighing around 2800-2900 if I remember correctly.

I have a 4.3 autotragic, and I hate it, wish only I had a stick. These trucks came with multiple versions of the 4.3 Vortec V6. I have the LP6 4.3 which is only rated at 170 hp and 240 ft pounds of torks. Some were rated up to 190 hp with 250 ft pd. Those engines you can usually find in the older and higher trim versions or in blazer or trail blazer SUVs.
>>
I just bought one from a company auction to use as my extra vehicle/hauler of my shit. Noye really going to do anything to it, might get hypertech programmer for the mpg increase
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.