[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convertibles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5
File: Twingo_Cabriolet.png (174 KB, 536x363) Image search: [Google]
Twingo_Cabriolet.png
174 KB, 536x363
Yay or nay?
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 1280x782) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 1280x782
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 450x267) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 450x267
>>14692290
>>
>>14692286

I am always driving with lowered windows. Convertibles might be just the right thing for me.
>>
>>14692290
>>
convertibles are shit
roadsters are cool
>>
File: sebring conv feceslifted.jpg (249 KB, 1264x776) Image search: [Google]
sebring conv feceslifted.jpg
249 KB, 1264x776
Best cruising experience tbch
>>
>>14692286
Depends on the convertible and mostly where you live. In a place with notable seasons and things like rain and snow? Soft top convertible is miserable. Live in a place with a lot of sun? Don't drop the top unless you have very little stop and go traffic.
On hot and sunny days, they are miserable at every stop you have to make as you instantly start roasting. If you or your passengers have longer hair, it will blow everywhere including forward and be a massive pain. If you get rain or snow, you either need to garage it and use something else or keep the top up and only use covered parking, as the seals on them are less than ideal and they will leak, and soft tops will absorb water after a while. This can cause the glue holding in glass windows to fail, and the repair needs about three people and several rolls of tape and it still will not fully succeed.

And then the moment you find a twisty back road in the morning or evening with trees along it and the dappled light on a nice day and you have the top down and a manual transmission you forget every other annoyance about them and fall in love all over again.

They're awful to live with but when you hit the good moments with them you'll not want anything else.
>>
>>14692286
No, lrn2iandjvalues.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.