[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civic overheating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 590x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 590x330
No idea where to ask about this problem, any help appreciated! My car yesterday started smelling a bit funny and overheating, and I could notice there's what seems like a small leak from what looks like a tube (soft pipe thing) under the radiator/fan/coolant area.

The car doesn't overheat too quickly, but it does shortly.

Pic related, I took them myself of the area but I can't see all too well. Almost looks like the pipe is disconnected, the care didn't sound too healthy when trying to drive it either.

Car is a 2004 Honda Civic 1.6 EP2 Sport, UK spec.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
Pic related of the area it's happening, what ou can see is the fan and a pipe at the bottom. It's hard to get a proper photo
>>
File: image.png (835 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
835 KB, 640x1136
I have a feeling this is disconnected but not sure, I'm no mechanic but hopefully it's a quick fix. Might try jack it up in a minute
>>
>>14691837
Are your fans coming on?
>>
>>14691837
It's probably your water pump. The lower weep hole exists to allow fluid to collect or drain out of the water pump to protect the bearing integrity. In a horizontal centrifugal pump there is little space between the bearing and the seal so fluid build-up could potentially threaten the bearing. Weep holes permit this coolant to evacuate the system and protect the bearing.
>>
Thank you for your responses!

Are you suggesting that this hose is purposely not attached to anything? And yes the fans do come on! I'm almost certain anyway.

After putting my hand down there to check, the hose is 100% disconnected
>>
B, pls halp
>>
>>14691928
heatercore clogged? leaking and low? hoses are too soft and colapse in on themselves? thermostat not opening all the way? radiators clogged with debry? pump is not churning out enough? take your pick.
>>
>>14691837
Do you have a radiator? Does it have coolant? Does your cooling system pressurize when your engine is up to operating temperature?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.