[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not to go into detail, but I have a possible opportunity to drive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1991_Mitsubishi_3000Gt-3.jpg (65 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
1991_Mitsubishi_3000Gt-3.jpg
65 KB, 800x400
Not to go into detail, but I have a possible opportunity to drive a 1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 next month after the transmission is replaced.

Assuming he follows up on the offer, what should I expect from the car? It's a garage-queen owned by a boomer.

He already has the replacement (new from Japan) transmission but the appointment to drop it off at his mechanic isn't until next month. Aside from the transmission, everything supposedly works as new.

I was just shocked that one of them was still running.
>>
>>14689638

>next month

Don't worry it'll be broke down by then.
>>
>>14689669
That's what I expect, but there's always a chance.
>>
Just make sure looking at it is the extent of what you do.
>>
>>14689684
Sorry. The possibility, no matter how remote, that I can drive a fully functional VR4 is too appealing.
>>
>>14689638
>posting Mitsubishi on /o/

You'll trigger the teenage contrarians
>>
>>14689638
It's a 22 year old 2 door 300ish hp 2+2(lies) gt car.

I don't understand the question, it's not like you have to prep to drive your first proper race car on a live track. Just drive it.
>>
>>14690299
You mean the adults who know what a terrible company Mitsubishi is.
>>
>>14689638
This could make a perfect fun weekend car, will need some costly maintenance to get it up to par but worth it depending on price and condition of said car.Give more details faggot
>>
File: CZ.jpg (132 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
CZ.jpg
132 KB, 1152x864
I don't understand how anyone can have nostalgia googles for these, they were heavy unreliable boats 15 years ago, they can only be worse now.

If you want a special snowflake mitsubishi get a starion/conquest
>>
>>14690491
I never said anything about buying it or him selling it. Such things have not been discussed.

>>14690472
>I don't understand the question
Let me rephrase the question.
Does the driving experience live up to what the looks promise?
>>
>>14689638
They're not as bad as /o/ makes them out to be. That said parts and repairs will be neccessary and expensive. Dealing with a transverse twin turbo V6 is exactly as much fun as it sounds. The cars a comfy GT cruisers loaded with all the 90's FUTURE TECHNOLOGY WOOOAH you could ever want. If you're thinking of buying one go for it but make sure you have plenty of room in your budget and more importantly, that you really really like the 3000gt. If you're going to own one and enjoy it you really need to be a huge fan of the car and be willing to do a lot of research.
>>
>>14689638
You might love it or hate it.

I've driven a dodge stealth and a 4g eclipse and the seating position is weird in them. The seat basically is on the floor and you lay down in them, similar to a Porsche 944 if you've been in one of those. Legs are extended out, and you're upper body is laying back. Eclipse and stealth both required you to do this, and at lights you're looking up at even small cars like civics and feel so small.
>>
File: IMG_20160222_120625.jpg (4 MB, 3732x2437) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160222_120625.jpg
4 MB, 3732x2437
>>14691754
Yeah, the 4g sits low but it is a fun DD and trip car/gt cat. I'd recommend a gt. Currently working on an awd swap, pic related
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.