[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been thinking about restomodding a 67 mustang of some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
I've been thinking about restomodding a 67 mustang of some sort. I'm not too experienced with engines or restoring. Any advice for places to go to that would aid my research? I'm getting a hard-on just thinking about the smell of that fuel pumping through the cabin
>>
Bumping for you, I hope you find the info you need.
>>
>>14689707
Thanks. I'm gonna self bump too cause I'm really itching to build a muscle car
>>
File: 2016-03-21 21.49.24.jpg (2 MB, 1676x2981) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-21 21.49.24.jpg
2 MB, 1676x2981
>>14689601
Those mustangs are the best car in my opinion to learn about cars
>>
>>14689741
Yeah old mustangs are pretty cool, I've been watching Regular Car Reviews build of a Vagabond Falcon where he swaps a 302 into it. Idk if helpful but you might like.
>>
>>14689757
Wow. Coincidentally I'm watching their 2006 Honda Pilot review right now
>>
For someone starting from nothing the most important part is get one with a really straight body and no rust, because bodywork/paint is the hardest to learn, most expensive, and hardest to get access to the tools/booth. Mustangs, Comets, Falcons, and Rancheros have an issue where the cowl rusts really easily and to fix it you have to pull the windshield, drill out a shitton of spot welds, weld in a new cowl, then put the car back together, it's a hard job. Mechanically they are very simple and you can learn everything quickly. The best cost/ease wise would be to buy someone else's failed project that they ran out of money/will to do, something like a primered car with the engine out and no interior, they have to take a big loss on it to sell and often they've already done a lot of the work. You really need to find someone who knows what they are doing to look at potential cars with you, there's a lot of Mustangs out there that look good but aren't, and vice versa.
>>
>>14689770
Maybe it's destiny
>>
>>14689780
Okay I have a friend who was working on a maverick not too long ago. I'm sure he'll know somewhat what to look for. Thanks for the detailed response bro
>>
>>14689782
Maybe it's Maybelline
>>
You like Chevys? A 454 big block in a nova or Chevrolet or Monte Carlo is pretty easy to work on and modify. Millions of parts out there for it and brand new crate motors on eBay and stuff. You can make big power for a relatively low budget
>>
>>14689601
People are going to get butthurt at you for modding those particular mustangs and even a rolling body is very expensive.
>>
>>14689780
>no body work
>restoring
>restoring a 2016 honda out of the box maybe?
Should be pretty easy.
>>
File: mavlowered4_original.jpg (88 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
mavlowered4_original.jpg
88 KB, 720x540
>>14689601
just jump straight in and start doing it. youll build a set of tools along the way. youll make mistakes and spend extra money learning your first time through. but it will be fun as fuck and it may turn into your passion
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.