[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys know anything about aftermarket car stereos? Trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: amo.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
amo.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
You guys know anything about aftermarket car stereos?
Trying to get something really loud for my car and at a reasonable price (i'm not trying to get ripped off)
Was thinking 2 subwoofers and 4 speakers? 1 for each door type of thing.
You guys know more than me so what's a good set-up?
>>
>>14688469
Cerwin Vega stroker and us amps vlx-400
>>
>You guys know anything about aftermarket car stereos?

No but I know a thing or two about mixing sound and there is such a thing as too much bass. 2 subs for 4 speakers is nigger territory.
>>
Order off the internet, unless you know a good spot in town because retail stores will fucking gouge you.

http://www.soundqubed.com/HDS300_c_34.html

These guys have some high powered stuff for a good price but that might be a lot of power for what your looking for.

two sound qubed subs in the $800 range is close to 3000 watts which would require a high output alternator, and obviously a good amp, racking up the $$
>>
>>14688469
>loud car stereo
Underage b&
>>
>>14688512
see this is why i made this thread, because i don't know shit like that.
>>14688519
i was thinking of getting them off amazon because i work there and can get a discount on them.
>>
i am not OP and have similar stupid questions about my four 5.25" car speakers (doors and back area)

if i buy the first amazon result for 5.25" car speaker can i just unplug the old speakers and plug the new ones in without worrying about my amp?

i have an amp in the trunk powering a sub but it's really a shit setup and i don't want to do more wiring, but my stock-from-1991 5.25" speakers sound pretty shit.
>>
>>14688604
Stock head unit? Oem? How much wattage?
>>
>>14688512
So what's a good set-up with 2 subwoofers?
>>
>>14688545

Ok well I'll go ahead and explain the too much bass then. Most music isn't just bass. While subs can express certain mid ranges they easily overpower the mids and tweeters in your car. Your music comes out sounding like farts. Now if you're a nigger this doesn't bother you because hiphop is already shit to begin with, but anyone with decent taste in music will want a fuller sound spectrum than the 2 subs 4 speakers you suggested. I would go with 1 sub, 2 tweets and 2 mids if you want something enjoyable. You will need an amplifier to power things because anytime the music has a full sound your head unit won't be able to power all the speakers equally and things will sound muddy as fuck.
>>
>>14688734
thanks for the tip man.
So how can you turn that set-up into a 2 subwoofer set-up? What do you recommend then?
>>
>>14688749
Why do you want two subs? You must be a nigger or 14 or both.
>>
>>14688749
>how do I multiply that setup by 2?
You must be a nigga who can't math so I'll math for you

>1x2 sub, 2x2 tweets, 2x2 mids
>>
>>14688962

And remember these are rough estimates because it all depends on what subs/speakers/amp/head unit you chose. You could easily be doing 1 sub, 4 tweets, 4 mids and it could still sound just as shit.
>>
>>14688947
kek alright i understand.
I sub it is.
>>14688962
thought maybe it would be a bit different
>>14688990
fuck, alright then i'll keep googling but for now i'm going with this set-up >>14688734
>>
>>14688469
Well the question really is what do you want? If you want to spend a couple hundred dollars you can go to walmart and get a 10" sub and a shitty head unit and it will go boom boom. If you want something that actually sounds nice, be willing to pay for it. I personally have a JL 13w6 on an hd750 amp and 4 JL C2-650s on a JL Slash 300/4. This is a relatively modest setup, but will still run you a bit over 2 grand and then there's speaker wire and a head unit to worry about.
>>
>>14688604
no name amazon speakers will probably be worse than what you have but feel free
>>
>>14688615

not stock head unit.. i think it was like 65w output? it was a mid range head unit from like 5 years ago, does 65w sound right?

>>14689128

Rockford Fosgate R1525X2 Prime - $40 for two speakers is what comes up for me.

how likely are they to be worse than my stock speakers? 1991 bmw e30 318is without premium sound package.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.