[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how badly do you want a BMW /o/? http://insider.foxnews.com
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: bmw-logo.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bmw-logo.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
how badly do you want a BMW /o/?

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/03/20/florida-man-steals-bmw-after-trying-buy-it-ebt-card-food-stamps
>>
not much since i already have one
and not a new one at all, fuck the f10 and f30 and anything beyond it

with the possible exception of the 2 series
>>
>>14688160
Florida Man is at it again, I see.
>>
Id do a lot of things no self respecting woman (let alone man) would do for a classic one in good condition but I wouldnt steal it or try to buy it with food stamps lel
>>
>>14688160

Literally the ugliest BMW of all time.

>>14688336

Florida here. We only get so much shit because all our records are open and easily accessible online by the public.
>>
>>14688336
>>
>>14688323
Hey fuck you ass hole 135i 4life.
>>
>>14689685
ok ok, the e82 gets a pass, that's a really great newish bmw
>>
File: 4L_9Wrnwahq.png (89 KB, 300x345) Image search: [Google]
4L_9Wrnwahq.png
89 KB, 300x345
>>14689693
;*} all is forgiven
>>
>>14688323
The M5 F10 is fucking amazing
>>
File: 0-60wallpaper32.jpg (533 KB, 1200x845) Image search: [Google]
0-60wallpaper32.jpg
533 KB, 1200x845
LOL I was gonna post this

The intelligence of BMW fags, I swear

Srsly shows yout he mindless consumer brandwhoring of BMW enthusiasts

They're not even good cars. Sexy for like 10 seconds until something breaks

I'm not even an /o/tist, visiting from /fa/, but why the fuck do cars even BREAK? How shitty of a society do we have to be to be unable to build a mechanical object that doesn't fucking break randomly within 20 years. All cars should work perfectly nothing should break wtf idiots
>>
>>14692150
I bet we could make a car that wouldn't have a single component failure within 20 years, but it would be so inefficient and without amenities that nobody would ever want it.
Efficiency and performance require tight tolerances, and tight tolerances mean smaller and smaller things will start to fuck shit up. And more features means more things to break.
>>
What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

With the porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.
>>
>>14692150
The VW Golf MK1 was the financially worst car for Volkswagen. You know why? Because it was so reliable.
>>
>>14688336
>>14688374
>Florida man
>man
>ebt card

It's like you guys can't into figuring this out.
>>
I love how people talk shit about BMWs, it's like when fatties hear about diabetes or heart disease.
>>
>>14693498
How to make a ludicrously reliable car

>Low compression OHV all alloy straight 6
>Mechanical fuel injection with mechanical fuel pump
>No electrics except distributor and lights
>Molded plastic seats, no interior otherwise
>Stainless steel frame, aluminum panels
>4 wheel discs with no ABS

Make it a pickup for maximum utility and you can sell it for 200 years barring emission and safety regulations
>>
>>14692150
>tfw no e39 m5
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
>>14692150
You drift it cunt
WELD THE DIFF AND DO A MAAAAAD SKID ULEH
Seriously though, you really should be smart enough to buy from a good owner that takes care of their shit, plus cars older than 20 years are expected to be not in the greatest condition, inspect before you buy. It sounds like you're not good at buying things.
If cars didn't break auto repair shops wouldn't exist. Nothing is made to last.
>>
>>14693971
Upon review, I would add an electric starter
>>
>>14688160
>dindu nuffin spent his tree fiddy on a fawty and black and mild rather than 1.5 gallons of gas
>>
>>14688160
>how badly do you want a BMW /o/?

Not much.

A BMW is not very high on cars I currently desire. More so, I'd sooner opt for a comparable Lexus, Cadillac, or Mercedes.
>>
>>14688160

i have one and I like it, it's a pretty nice DD and comfy on the highway.
>>
>>14693988
Nope. You hand crank over a lawnmower engine to get it started and then use that to crank the car engine.
>>
man what the fuck is up with people in florida?
>>
>>14694219
>lexus styling
>cadillac is actually okay, you win this one
>automatic only
>>
>>14688160
already drive one
>>
>>14695423
>superior
>american trash
>superior
>>
>>14695789
DON'T SMOKE YOU IN A CTS-V
>>
>>14688323
We're now in G cars. G11 and G12 7 series.
>>
>>14695798
*MAKE ME
BUT I'LL STILL SMOKE YOU
>>
I've got a special place in my heart for '90s BMWs. Goes back to being very young and admiring my parent's yuppie friend's cars. Going through the pictures from the old days, there was a blue Z3 and a red E36 cabrio that I remember riding in. Also an E34 that I distinctly remember being yelled at for leaning on (ffs, I was like 6).
>>
>>14688160
>A Florida man is stoking confusion after he tried to buy a $60,000 BMW with his credit card and EBT card – and apparently wouldn’t take no for an answer.

>authorities say the perplexed managers at an auto dealership in Pompano Beach “declined 36-year-old Nicholas Jackson’s business” when he offered to pay with food stamps.

Not even surprised. People ask or try to pass off EBT/food stamps as income on credit applications all the time, and commonly get pissed when they can't

Also fairly common for people to try and use credit cards to buy a car/use for the down payment
>get shitty credit card with 3K limit
>swipe it to buy a car
>walk away from bill
>CC company gets stuck holding the bag, no recourse like repossession like on an actual car loan
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.