[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Car Problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: th.jpg (7 KB, 300x187) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
7 KB, 300x187
What was the biggest problem you've ever had with a vehicle? What was the vehicle and how did you fix it? How long did it take you?
>>
>biggest problem
It sucked ass
>what was it
A cruze
>how did you fix it
I sold it
>how long
About 2 years of dealing with it then 3 days negotiating with the dealer about trade in
>>
broke the steering rack during an oil change on a crown vic

took a few more hours
>>
>>14687092
how
>>
>>14687092
how the hell...?
>>
e30 idle

basically just fix everything
>>
>>14687034
'98 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0 inline 6, 5 speed manual.. where to begin..
I purchased the Jeep in 2009 with 77,500 miles on it and the problems began shortly after 100k miles. A lot of the problems came after I lifted it 5" and put 35" tires on it. I'll see if I can recall all of the problems in order
>transmission seal blew out on interstate, drained all fluid and grenaded transmission, had to buy rebuilt transmission
>stock 3.73 gears in Dana 35 rear axle shattered, were then installed incorrectly twice by local off road shop and destroyed themselves within a matter of days (they warrantied the fixes)
>piston skirt shattered to pieces at 145k miles, rebuilt entire engine
>ring and pinion gears shattered again at 155k miles, replaced entire axle with Ford 8.8
>synchro for 3rd went out around 160k miles, rebuilt transmission
>ruined two oil pumps around 190k miles due to a worn out shaft on the distributor that drives them
>carrier in Ford 8.8 axle shattered to pieces at 200k miles
That is where it currently stands as of a couple of weeks ago, in my garage with a shattered rear axle carrier. I just went out and bought a new car instead of fixing it.
In between these major failures there were numerous smaller ones including a bad steering pump, radiator, ball joints, wheel hubs, etc. You name it, I probably replaced it at some point.
>>
File: 1417043455848.jpg (24 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1417043455848.jpg
24 KB, 722x349
Clutch went out on my 2002 WRX due to it being my first manual and me sucking. I had the replacement done in a shop, and the labor cost more than the parts.
>>
Car didn't start on a cold day. Tried to recharge but apparently the ancient battery charger was broken. Got a new battery.
>>
>What was the biggest problem you've ever had with a vehicle?
Inconsistent power delivery and miss-fire under load at high RPM
>What was the vehicle
SAAB 9-5
>and how did you fix it?
I've changed DI, cleaned MAF, put new vacuum pipes, checked turbo bearing, checked spark plugs and uhm... I think that's about it.
Cost was like $20 for parts.
>How long did it take you?
... Forgot.
>>
>>14687092
Are you an Ork?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.