[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vette or Snek?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: vetteorsnek.jpg (193 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vetteorsnek.jpg
193 KB, 1280x720
Vette or Snek?
>>
Viper. Sidepipes are my automotive fetish.
>>
>>14686109
Until you have to get out of a Viper while wearing shorts.
>>
>>14686132
Well yeah, but why would you want to get out?
>>
>>14686109
>molten engine vs molten paint
guess the viper, but only if I can get it for free. otherwise neither.
>>
Snek, obviously.
>>
why not both?
>>
File: 09-2015-lucra-lc470-fd.jpg (355 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
09-2015-lucra-lc470-fd.jpg
355 KB, 1920x1280
I'm a hipster.
>>
>>14686075
snek

>>14686221
>kit cars
rally fighter
>>
>>14686219
u have to choose tho
>>
>>14686075
Viper, obviously.

>slaying lap time records of more expensive cars
>sounds better
>has a more unique engine
>too scary for normies to even want to ride in
>side pipes
Give me one good reason to pick the Corvette.
>>
>>14686075
corvette is way too fucking edgy and expensive now. If I want to look like I want all the attention in the world I'm going to go with a viper.
>>
>>14686350
>better sounding engine

lmao I don't think so bud
>>
>>14686360
That's true, i've rarely turned my heard around for a corvette but always have for the Snek.
>>
>>14686362
Both engines sound weird as fuck with stock exhaust
>>
>>14686350
Still in production
>>
>>14686075
I love the idea of the new ACR. One final fuck you to all the pretentiousness of the supercar world.
>>
>>14686460
>comfort and road manners are pretensions
The supercar makers aren't pretending their mainstream road cars are the most hardcore machines they can be. They pretty much all have lighter-weight, higher-revving track versions of their sports cars.

On most tracks, I'd bet on the 911 GT3 RS over a Turbo every time, and so would everyone at Porsche.
>>
>>14686474
yes comfort and road manners in a supercar are pretentious. supercars are nothing more than a fashion statement more than 99% of the time. a badge on wheels. the ACR is a boy racer's wet dream.
>>
>>14686497
So you drive a base model Yaris on the road and have a stripped-out race car for your track days, right? You wouldn't happen to drive anything but the most utilitarian thing you can get on the road, would you? Wouldn't want to be vain or making a fashion statement now.
>>
>>14686509
if you can afford to daily drive a supercar you can afford a track car
if you afford to track a supercar you can afford a track car
>>
File: 6.jpg (118 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
118 KB, 1600x1200
>>14686075
>shitty gee em or shitty fiatmopar
Absolutely disgusting, neither
>>
>>14686512
Not sure what you're getting at. Just because you can afford to have two cars doesn't mean the one you drive on the road has to be any certain kind of car.
>>
>>14686527
my point is there is no reason to daily drive a supercar unless you want attention.
>>
>>14686524
So you pick slow car. Lol ok
>>
>>14686537
You'll get attention driving any expensive comfy car too, so I guess you think everyone should drive a stripper-model shitbox lest anyone think they don't mind some attention.
>>
>>14686557
>FD RX-7 Spirit R
>slow
I don't think you know what slow is
>>
>>14686565
>You'll get attention driving any expensive comfy car too
no you won't. at least not more than 1/100th as much as a supercar.

>so I guess you think everyone should drive a stripper-model shitbox lest anyone think they don't mind some attention.
wow you love strawman arguments don't you?

my point was that the average supercar is much more pretentious than the dodge viper ACR. literally nobody can dispute this. just shut up already.
>>
Old Snek.
>>
>>14686584
>hey guys, my loud-as shit car is superior to yours because it's uncomfortable and I hate driving it anywhere but a track
>A real gentlesir sacrifices his hearing and back to his car.
Not pretentious at all.
>>
>>14686569
And I don't think you know what fast is.

Modern supercars use the MR layout. Most use forced induction, and some use fucking KERS. 2 rotors and a turbo only gets you so far.
>>
>>14686605
you're being sarcastic but you're actually correct. someone who drives what I consider an ugly race car on the street is a boy racer. not pretentious at all.
>>
>>14686569
fast=/=quick
your FD RX-7 Spirit R Type A (cool trim, say hi to Gran Turismo) is just one of those
>>
>>14686605
Pretentiousness is driving around in a 3500 lb monocoque that uses a computer to fix your driving fuckups, whilst blasting the fucking AC, having full leather/powered seats and a fucking margarita machine in the glove compartment.

The snek allows you to off yourself faster as your butthole tightens from the collective spiritual fear permeating the square mile in which the car is currently driving. Every bug, squirrel and ficus transmits their instinctual fear of the snek to the driver. No pretentiousness, just unadulterated and primal fear.
>>
>>14686612
>thread about two FR sports cars
>brings up MR and supercars

The Spirit R is a twin turbo 1.3/(2.6 adjusted to compare fairly with piston engines), with "276" hp (aka a lot more with just a tune and an exhaust because all the cars with 276hp were just detuned to meet the gentleman's agreement) and weighs just 2700 pounds, a lot less than the obese 3350 of the corvette or pigfat 3430 of the viper.
>>
>>14686667
fucking delusional wanker cunts
>>
>>14686391
>implying they won't just chop the top for the 2017, just like GM did
>>
>>14686649
Do you also think fighter jets are pretentious? I mean, they have AC, oxygen masks, and can't even be flown without thousands of computer-controlled corrections per second because their basic design is so unstable.

At least in a supercar you can turn all that stuff off. Yup, there are settings in an Aventador to turn it all off right down to the traction control and ABS. Then you can turn it all back on when you just want to chill without having to pay attention to reigning-in 700 horsepower. Having options isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>14686649
Actually, they're just big old pussycats with huge 5 rear tires. It's just that no Viper owner will ever admit that his modern Viper is actually tame, because he'd lose half his image.
>>
>>14686667
''276'' stock, but 350 at most before you run into limits with the stock twins. Meanwhile, the Corvette/Vipers weight is 20-30% more, but their power output is nearly double that of a heavily tuned FD on the stock twins.
>>
>>14686384
But the Viper doesn't really improve with a new exhaust. Still sounds kinda dull compared to a revvy, raspy LS/LT.
>>
>>14686711
Improves ridiculously if you switch off two cylinders. One such ran in the (well, a) V8 Stars series. Shook the whole goddamn ground around the track, that thing.
>>
>>14686736
You know what'd sound better? If they copied the Hemi architecture into the V10, isntead of sticking to the old Magnum one. (semi)Hemis always seem to sound better, and that might offset theV10's wierd-sounding firing order.
>>
>>14686762
Either way, I like the Viper's sound. It's unique, unlike most of the other V10 cars. M5 (especially tuned), Gallardo and, obviously, the R8 all sound the same.
And then there's the Carrera GT, of course, which is just glorious...to which retards put a straight pipe. What the actual fuck.
>>
>>14686762
i remember watching a video where one of the designers wanted to make a hemi v10 but it was too large or it didn't fit, something like that
>>
>>14686794
That makes no sense at all, because the 5.7 Hemi and 5.9 Magnum are about the same size. A V10 from either would be pretty much the same as far as packaging and volume would be concerned.
>>
>>14686791
Damn right, the CGT sounds like pure sex.
>>
>>14686815
woops my mistake and you're right

this was the video I was referring to
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGDdBFbikUQ

@3:47 he talks about the engine choices
>>
File: randy.jpg (174 KB, 635x477) Image search: [Google]
randy.jpg
174 KB, 635x477
>>14686649
>2016
>not wanting to have the fucking margarita machine option in your car

What the fuck is wrong with you anon?
>>
VIPER
I
P
E
R
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.