[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1989-1994 Subaru Legacy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: first generation subaru legacy.jpg (42 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
first generation subaru legacy.jpg
42 KB, 640x426
>4WD
>engine shared with Impreza
>successful rally car
>family sedan

They seem like a sweet mix of subtle performance and casual practicality, what does /o/ think? Are there any issues with them?
>>
>>14685369
I wish they weren't so overlooked. They have no Legacy specific-aftermarket support, but the GC Impreza was built off the first Legacy platform so a lot will swap over with little to no modification.
>>
File: Subaru-de-Jaime-Guzman.jpg (178 KB, 1181x773) Image search: [Google]
Subaru-de-Jaime-Guzman.jpg
178 KB, 1181x773
Fun fact

Chilean politian Jaime Guzman got killed in one of those
>>
>>14685369
they're also cheaper than a bag of doritos
>>
>>14685723
Well duh, the Subie doesn't need apex seals
>>
so because the racecar version did ok with limetless money and labor

the shitty econobox one you want is just as capable.....right?
>>
>>14685734
in fact just like loyales, you can transform a base model legacy into a performance one just by swapping and adding the right parts (engine, transmission, rear axle, etc) body it's the same.
>>
>>14685369
N/A are cheap

Turbos sell for just as much as 2nd gen wrxs.
>>
>>14685734
>the shitty econobox one you want is just as capable.....right?
I drive a Leg Sport Sedan.

It is astounding what the car will do with all-seasons. Cornering is in this car's DNA.

As the other anon said all you have to do is add parts to unlock the potential. Virtually all GC parts fit. If you get a turbo it's like a Ver 0 GC STi.

It flies completely under the radar too. Insurance is super cheap.

>so because the racecar version did ok with limetless money and labor.

The rally car was Group A, modified production. Minus the safety cage, it really wasn't all that different from a GC STi. Similar power and performance, just increased safety and durability.

>>14686597
Where do you live? Where I live you pretty much can't give a turbo leg away. All the faggot kids thing they look old and don't want anything to do with them.
>>
>>14685719
>fun fact
>fun
>>
shhh the first gen liberty is still a well kept secret, dont spoil it
>>
File: 1458189350812.jpg (25 KB, 285x279) Image search: [Google]
1458189350812.jpg
25 KB, 285x279
>>14686112
>so if you replace just about everything, it's exactly the same
>>
>>14685734

hang yourself, faggot
>>
>>14688437
shut the FUCK up
>>
Why not ALL the legacy generations?
>>
>>14688472
No. He's right. Kill yourself.
Isn't 4chan all about benchracing and making econoboxes into race cars?
And besides, didn't you turbocharge a Scion tC? How is that any different?
>>
>>14687085
Colordo. This is why im trying to get rid of my outback xt. Fags love turbo boxers no matter the chassis here.
>>
>>14688981
Buy one out of CA or OR/WA

There is a fairly well modified Legacy SS in LA that has been for sale on the forums for a year. I think he wants 5k. Guy swapped in a EJ20 and lots of other good stuff. Would have been cooler if he kept the EJ22 and put on DOHC heads but still not bad.

I got mine in CA for 2.7k
>>
owned one. its boring as fuck like corolla
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.