[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my friend stupidly bought a v6 91 camaro. We are planning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 00505_9dcvunRB53h_600x450.jpg (23 KB, 270x450) Image search: [Google]
00505_9dcvunRB53h_600x450.jpg
23 KB, 270x450
So my friend stupidly bought a v6 91 camaro. We are planning on doing a v8 swap.

>Has anyone on /o/ done this before?

>will I need a new transmission to go with a 5 liter v8 from an rs camaro?

>Do we need new engine mounts?

Pic related is his new car
>>
>>14681017

Stop bullshitting and just admit that it's YOUR car.
>>
>>14681026
It honestly isn't. I like the car, but I'm not retarded enough to buy a v6 muscle car
>>
>>14681017
That's a nice Volvo
>>
>>14681077
Photo taken at last owners house.
>>
>>14681017
>5.0 liter
No, don't put a 305 in, they're literal garbage, I would know. pick up a 350 out of just about anything. transmission might work, but flex plate and torque converter most definitely won't.
>>
if you cant follow through with the conversion do not even try to start.

otherwise, look on camaro dedicated forums, someone is bound to have done it. There may even be camaro websites devoted to performance custom parts. I know for the Australian Torana theres custom engine mounts that bolts a V8 engine into a I6 crossmember. Other times the whole crossmember needs to be replaced for a v8 supportive one unless you're good with a welder
>>
>>14681017
Yes you will need a new transmission. All of thr manuals in third gens are glass.

Basically just buy a wrecked 350 model and pull parts off of that.
>>
>>14681191
I should mention it is auto
>>
>>14681194
> My friend bought a v6 automatic third gen f body
Get a new friend
>>
>>14681194
lol what a fag
>>
>>14681037
>v6
>muscle car

pick one and ONLY one
>>
>>14681017

You'll need new engines mounts and a transmission with a 90 degree V8 GM bellhousing instead of the 60 degree V6 one it should have now. Look for a local transmission shop that sells refurbished 700R4s. Usually you can get them for $550-650 good for 350-400 lb-ft or so. If I was doing a V8 swap I'd look for a take out 5.3 or 6.0 Vortec to put in. A bit more than building up a SBC, but much, much better. Failing that, look for a 350 from a 90s van or truck with a roller cam and Vortec SBC heads.
>>
File: GTA side.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
GTA side.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
I think you MIGHT need a new k-member but I'm not sure on the turdgens. You might just need new engine mounts, I haven't done my research. Checkout thirdgen.org.
Anyway, you can go get a TBI 350 vortec from a junkyard, rip the TBI shit off throw a good cam, carb and intake on it. Or find someone already selling a 350 chevy all together.
Going carb would be much easier than going efi, less wires and sensors to fuck around with.
And yes you will need a new transmission the V6 and V8 have different bellhousing patterns.

Also posting my turdgen in a turdgen thread.
>>
>>14681017
Umm lsx swap the bitch.
>500 bucks and a weekend
>>
>>14681349
>>14681400
I just want to add to this that my auto V6 Firebird is faster than my GTA.
>>
how logical is it to swap an old jeep cherokee in to a v6 dodge charger?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.