[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me why Megasquirts are so expensive when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1457842536960.jpg (312 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1457842536960.jpg
312 KB, 1280x960
Can someone explain to me why Megasquirts are so expensive when there are smartphones with more tech and power in them while being $200-400 cheaper?
I feel like they're overpriced because they know people will still but them
>>
File: 1311763499070.jpg (16 KB, 300x354) Image search: [Google]
1311763499070.jpg
16 KB, 300x354
>>14680202
When you're on mobile and you somehow fail to post on /g/
>>
>>14680202

fuck off loser.

this isn't /g/
>>
>>14680252
>>14680221
Megasquirts are /o/ related you retards
>>
Why don't you start your own fuel injection ECU app and put megasquirt out of business, clearly you know more about the costs of developing and producing their product than they do
>>
>>14680202
small batch economics. if you arent selling them in huge quantities you have to mark up the price to pull a profit. smart phones are sold in the millions, how many units do you think megasquirt moves? how big is the demand for big fuel injectors? not big i can tell you that
>>
>>14680309
Also development costs they need to claw back.
>>
>>14680303
shut the fuck up you cuckhold.
>>
>>14680348
ooo the star of the faggot fuck show is mad
>>
How do you intend to use your phone as an ecu?
>>
>>14680221
>>14680252
Gtfo /o/ if you don't even know what a mega squirt is
>>
>>14680202
>dat helle knife
I'd wife her up and then ruin her vagina from forcing her to have 16+ pure Aryan children
>>
Just build your ecu out of a raspberry pi.
>>
>>14680382

That`s clearly a mongol.
>>
>>14680202
They're cheaper than every other stand alone management system.
Get an MS1 if you don't like the price of the MS3x

To be fair, they're not that great.
I think they're great for what they are (a budget ECU) and they work just fine. But they are limited on the features they have.
For example they don't have:
separate cold, warm and hot maps
dedicated idle map
transient response map
barometric correction map

They do kind of have these features, but they just run a correction off the main fueling map.
And to be fair, no DIY'er would be able to populate all those maps anyway.
Unless they had an the engine running on an engine dyno inside a climatically and barometrically controlled test cell.
>>
>>14680292

Your questions is a technology question that's related to cars, NOT a car question related to technology.

It belongs on /g/

FUCK OFF
>>
>>14681052
Yeah.
This is /o/.
We post pictures of cars we've never driven and then argue about them.
>>
>>14680309
Pretty much. Though the high $495 price of a Hondata S300 is keeping me away from it for quite a while. It'll probably be one of the last things I buy for my car.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.