[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do auto enthusiasts hate on a car that isn't meant to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
Why do auto enthusiasts hate on a car that isn't meant to appeal to them?
>>
>>14679768
Because sometimes they're outdated like pic related.
>>
...because they try to make it look like it would when it's a slow turd.
>>
>>14679780
>slow turd

It isn't meant to be fast, that's OPs point.
>>
>>14679791
They try to make it look fast, that's my point.
>>
File: 308958_1318869786617_317_300.jpg (98 KB, 317x299) Image search: [Google]
308958_1318869786617_317_300.jpg
98 KB, 317x299
>>14679797
>He thinks a Corolla looks fast
>>
>>14679797
Style doesn't mean fast. Ever.
There are some fucking hideous cars that are fast.
>>
Because retards fall for the marketing. "sporty" is the worst thing to ever happen.
>>
>>14679768
Because car enthusiasts are the biggest autists of any enthusiast group to exist. The sooner you learn this, the better you understand /o/.
>>
File: 2016-Nissan-Sentra-1012-876x535.jpg (108 KB, 876x535) Image search: [Google]
2016-Nissan-Sentra-1012-876x535.jpg
108 KB, 876x535
>>14679806
>Style doesn't mean fast. Ever.

This

>>14679797
That's just modern design now. Has nothing to do with performance.
>>
>car manufacturer makes car
>same company doesn't want said car to be judged by auto enthusiasts
>maybe they shouldn't make cars
>>
Because benchracers can't understand why anybody would want something that's economical, practical, and easy to drive like a Corolla.

Car enthusiasts are the most whiny and unsatisfiable buyer group to appeal to. Especially here on /o/'s echo box of retarded ideas and unrealistic expectations.
>>
>>14679776
>>14679780

That's essentially what a Mazda 3 is.
>>
>>14679930
agreed
fuck all of the Mazda shills in /o/
>>
>>14679911
Miata bro!
>>
Cant beat a miata
>>
>>14679884

>car manufacturer makes sports car
>same company doesn't want said car to be banned by soccer moms arbitrarily because it's scary and doesn't get 50 mpg
>maybe they shouldn't make v8s and turbos
>>
>>14679768
I don't think a lot of people here hate the Corolla. Older ones were great transportation appliances. New ones look like shit and are essentially the same thing underneath though, no reason not to buy an older one.
>>
>>14679768

Because they stopped making cars that do appeal to them and just churn out bullshit cars.

Its sad when Hyundai is going to be the only company with nothing but RWD vehicles.
>>
>>14679797
you jaded fool
>>
>>14679987
>>14679930

Fucking Mazda shills don't even drive Mazdas, or if they do they have some busted 30 year old NA MIats or rotary shitbox.

I will admit the previous/first generation of Mazda3 sedan looked pretty good, though. Current ones are hilariously hideous.

>>14680006
>Cant beat a miata

Except at hauling people, getting better has mileage, and breaking less.

If you had a race to transport 8 people 1 km, the Corolla would fucking destroy the miats
>>
>>14680027
> this ass blasted at mazda for no reason
What's the matter buddy?
>>
/o/,

What is "fast" "supposed" to look like?
>>
>>14680016
>New ones look like shit and are essentially

I think if you had regular silver alloys they look fine. The two-toned wheel meme is cancer, they're practically on every Honda car now.
>>
File: Mazda-MX5-Miata-Limo.jpg (92 KB, 590x330) Image search: [Google]
Mazda-MX5-Miata-Limo.jpg
92 KB, 590x330
>>14680027

Danny George thinks otherwise...
>>
>>14680044

I have a problem with mazda.

They have amazing driving feels, but in reality they are heavy slow boats that handle just ok. They just feel good well handling ok.

But because this feeling everyone is riding there nuts acting like the mazda3's are amazing cars.
>>
>>14680044

I have no problem with Mazda
I have a problem with Mazda shitposters who are at this point worse than the Ford shills were 6 months ago

It's a cyclical thing and you faggots are currently at the top of the list. before Ferd it was Datsun-Renault.

>>14680057

Touché
>>
>>14680061
Yeah the nd is a heavy boat that jusy handles okay
Same for the rx7
>>
>>14679768
Got pic related, just the le trim with no extras at a damn good price. Still appliance-y but it's a chill ride.
>>
>>14680092

The miata is an exception for the brand.

The rx7 hasn't been produced in 14 years.
>>
>>14679768
because
>"soulless" shit box
>muh RWD
> i NEED 500 horsepower
>>
>>14680116
I have no idea why the rear headroom is bad. I'm 5"11 and my hair brushes against the headliner.
>>
File: BaitAroundHEre.png (45 KB, 436x432) Image search: [Google]
BaitAroundHEre.png
45 KB, 436x432
>>14680027
>rotary shitbox
nice b8 m8
>>
They see me Corollin
>>
It's a pretty good car overall honestly, they fixed some shortcomings with the 2014 model like the 4 speed auto and drum brakes.
>>
>>14679930
>>14679987
The Mazda doesn't come with a 4-speed auto or CVT, drum brakes, and torsion beam rear suspension.
>>
>>14680926
2014+ Corollas get CVT and disc brakes, torsion beam is fine for everyday drivers

And it will outlast the Mazda by a number of years.
>>
>>14680116
>buying a new shitbox
you know a 01-05 civic is just as good right?
>>
>>14679768
>Why do auto enthusiasts hate on a car that isn't meant to appeal to them?

These people aren't really auto enthusiasts. They're children that think the world should bend to their will.
>>
>>14680934
You can still get base models with a 4-speed auto.
>>
>>14680934
>2014+ Corollas get CVT and disc brakes

Corollas had 4 wheel discs available 30 years ago.
>>
>>14680992
That's the fleet base model, literally nobody will buy that for personal use.
>>
>>14681014
The point is that it shouldn't even be optional.
>>
>>14681035
Well why the fuck not? It's a transmission Toyota has built their empire upon. It's bulletproof and reliable as fuck, which is exactly what fleet buyers want.
>>
>>14681044
Because toyota should respect themselves enough to not sell outdated shit
>>
>>14681088
Customers buy it, why should Toyota stop selling it?
>>
>>14679768
dunno, im an auto enthusiast and I only hate on cars which are shit, design wise and mechanically wise. in essence most cars after the year 2000 are pretty fucking shocking, except a few. Its a fairly easy concept to get your head around, car manufacturers make their money from selling cars from retailers and offering services/parts at official garages, so it stands to reason that they make more money making cars that are very advertising(features like bluetooth, SAT nav and in car entertainment etc...), but as cheaply as they can, and they don't want the cars to last long or be too reliable as it doesn't drive the market on and put the customers back in the market any time soon... I know this because a friend of mine used to work in quality control for honda, they made them do tests for various components to make sure they all break at roughly the same time, to make sure the car is scrap after a certain time/usage. This means the owner will have to by a new car, or a second hand car.

In the past cars were made to last and not just to make money like today, take the VW beetle for instance, yes it uses old technology and isn't as turn key reliable as modern cars, but its a heck of a lot more durable, they are still around on the roads today, older mercedes like the W124 is another example, older vehicles were just built better, but just the older technology such as carburettors aren't quite up to the maintenance expectations of car owners these days, they need tuning quite regularly especially in comparison to injectors.

> don't be a fucking idiot and hate on classic cars, is all I need to say

I am put off heavily by modern cars, its a deep rational hatred that stems so deep that I even hate the design of modern cars, its all flashy and unnecessary, stupid lines and silly shaped headlights, what happened to the good old round headlights and functional designs of old ?
>>
>>14681138
>Older vehicles were just built better.

Corollas from every era are known for reliability and durability.
>>
>>14681274
I don't think he meant every old car is built better, I think he meant it generally and he's right. though you are right too, corollas are well built and reliable even today, unfortunately most cars aren't.
>>
COROLLIN

HATIN
>>
>>14680010
Maybe they shouldn't
>>
File: Toyota_Corolla_AE111_top.jpg (76 KB, 826x419) Image search: [Google]
Toyota_Corolla_AE111_top.jpg
76 KB, 826x419
>>14679768
"Sports" trims.

Instead of getting something like this again we'll only ever have the same Corolla with the same performance across all models, plus side skirts and a bit of paint to make it look sportier.

I don't hate the Corolla for what it is, I just wish we had the same variety in sports cars as what was available in the 90's and early 2000's. Unfortunately it'll never happen and we'll just be stuck with factory rice trims.
>>
Auto enthusiasts are unsatisfiable retards
>>
>corolla
>not god-tier economy car

>cheaper than a prius
>more reliable (no hybrid drive)
>good MPG (30+ avg for the older one), safe, quiet, comfortable
>drives great, good nimble handling, amazing braking ability

also the corolla with a 2.4l 2ZZ engine is pretty quick too

find a single fucking flaw with these cars. being slow or FWD is not a flaw

coming from a muscle car owner
>>
>>14680016
>New ones look like shit

>no reason not to buy an older one.

There's no reason to not buy a new one, either.

A car being new is not a flaw.
>>
>>14681088
>Outdated

The 4 spd auto in the corolla is fine. its smooth and shifts just the way it should

why fix what isn't broken

you should buy a chrysler product if you want constant "innovation"

more like your new transmission that hasn't been road tested for generations will likely fail prematurely. but AT LEAST ITS NOT OUTDATED
>>
>>14681138
>all this nonsense

Toyota corolla

>ever not functioning

it just doesn't happen. they're fucking tanks

they are designed from the factory to be used and abused. neglected maintenance from poor ownership is common. but they still run and drive.
>>
>>14679768
Because most car enthusiasts are simpletons
>>
>>14686320
tanks break down... lol and what he was saying was completely 100 percent true
>>
>>14686277

>2.4
>2ZZ

wat?

The 2ZZ-GE was a Yamaha tuned 1.8 liter four cylinder
>>
>>14679768
they don't like being reminded that they are a minority
>>
>>14686406
you're right, 2.4l corollas are the 2AZ (160hp lol scion TC)

2ZZ is 1.8l (although you can get one in a 'rolla)
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.