[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I'm going for a Z51 Stingray, lads. I'm going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: sting.png (448 KB, 990x482) Image search: [Google]
sting.png
448 KB, 990x482
I think I'm going for a Z51 Stingray, lads. I'm going up to Virginia to visit family this week and really like this example.

Does /o/ have any experience owning a C7? I rented a stock automatic one for a few days and loved it. This one is a manual with the Z51 package so I'd expect it to be better. I have to check if it had an engine replacement since some C7's have engine vibration issues. It will be my DD.
>>
>>14679763
I mean if you like them, they are pretty sexy cars. If you can handle the depreciation then I don't see why you shouldn't get it.

Just don't track that shit, so many overheating problems.
>>
>>14679843

Thanks.

I'm planning to put no more than 60k miles on it in 5 years and hopefully get at least $20k for it when I sell it. I would like to take it to track occasionally - is there anything I can reasonably do to prevent overheating?
>>
>>14679859
Don't push it's limits
>>
>>14679859

upgrade the radiator
>>
I was under the impression that only the Z06 suffered from overheating issues.
>>
>>14680527
The stingray still has problems of its own
Mainly just the 8 speed auto
>>
>>14679763
>buying a used corvette
>from fucking Carmax

If you can afford a $55k car you should probably buy something new
>>
>>14680583
>not buying 3 mint 90s sporty cars for you and two buddies and do a trip across continents or some gay shit.
>>
>>14681087
That sounds really gay, you're gay...
>>
Yellow with a brown interior...ouch. Yellow only goes well with a black interior.
>>
>>14679859

The over heating issue can be treated but not 100% fixed, unless you are really looking to put money into this baby. Day to day driving and occasional track days are not going to kill this car. Constantly running it at the top of the rpm range and hard breaking are though.

Honestly, you are probably not going to have many, if any, major issues while you own the car. I say go for it.
>>
>>14679763
Funny, I bought my first car from that same dealership.
>>
>>14679843
Is it a problem on the Stingray? They're down 200hp from the Z06.
>>
>>14681258
pee n poopoo
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.