[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is tinting a window so hard ? Today I did my first precut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: craptint.jpg (25 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
craptint.jpg
25 KB, 400x300
Why is tinting a window so hard ? Today I did my first precut tint job and it has crumples towards the edges. Like .. I had to pull the tint more towards the edges. Why does this happen? I soaped the fuck out of the tint and it still fucks me over gaaawwd. Any tips? And no i don't take dicks up my ass.
>>
>>14679566
I've been thinking about doing window tinting myself.
So excuse me while I hijack your thread.
What's a good brand tint?
I don't want shit that turns purple or bubbles.
>>
>>14679566
Well I found that taking a spray bottle of distilled water and spraying the window first helps.

1. Spray water on winder
2. Place on tint
3. Use something like a credit card and push water and air out to edges
4.????
5. PROFIT

enjoy your no air bubbles and lines. This works for decals too, and for fucks sake clean the surface of what you're working on before your start
>>
>>14679596
llumar is one of the best you can get

other good options are madico, formulaone , or suntek
>>
Looking to tint my AW11.
I -heard- that tinting your window while its warm outside or in direct sunlight is a bad idea.
>>
>>14679566
did you spray soap water on the window?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNiwzl-50oI

maybe this will help
>>
>>14679566
It's not that hard. I did my tint with water and baby shampoo. It came out a lot better than i expected. The only part id suck at was at cutting the excess film. My knife was dull so when I'd cut it insteas of a clean cut, it'd pull the film a bit. But
Baby shampoo + a good squeegee = easy tint job
>>
File: 20160310_132024.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160310_132024.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
It's not so hard tinting anon you need just self confidence, a soapy water sprayer and a good squeegee and a little squeegee for the edges and a good box opener.

This is my delivery van before the tint
>>
File: 20160313_184540.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160313_184540.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
after the tint

tinting the sliding rear windows was difficult as hell.
you can do it anon.
>>
Tfw ANY tint is illegal here, even clear film
>>
>>14679566
The window has to be surgically clean before you put the tint on. 75% of the time a professional tinter spends doing a window is cleaning it, even the smallest bits of dust can fuck the job up
>>
>>14679566
>even marty from mcm can tint a window and hes got autism
Fuck m8 you must be a pretty big drop kick
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.