[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying a truck on layaway. Did I screw myself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
File: 2005 ford f250.jpg (47 KB, 766x575) Image search: [Google]
2005 ford f250.jpg
47 KB, 766x575
I went on craigslist to buy a new car or truck but am in a financial slump and have bad credit. I made a mistake of maybe sounding too desperate when negotiating with one vehicle owner saying that I'd pretty much do whatever he wanted because I wasn't having any success after over a month of looking.

He told me that given my financial situation, he wants zero risk. He's keeping the truck as colateral and giving it to his 16 year old son to use until I pay it off in full. He's charging me a marked up price from the Kelly Blue Book value. In exchange, I can pay over time. $7,500. For a down payment, we actually had me empty my bank account accept for what I'd need to eat until I get paid next. As incentive for me to pay quickly, I'm responsible for the costs of repairs and maintainance on the truck while his son uses it. This is all in contract.

If I'm in financial dire straights but need a vehicle eventually to move up in work, was this worth while or did I just screw myself?
>>
>>14679153
what kind of work do you do that you need a truck?
>>
>>14679198
I work for a restaurant. It doesn't need to be a truck, it could be a van but we do big pick up orders from restaurant depot.
>>
You could have bought a 90's chevy or GMC for ~$1500 no problem.

You did screw yourself, enjoy being ripped off.
>>
His son will probably treat it like shit and crash it, you'll be on the hook for the repairs.

Why would you do this
>>
>>14679212
How much did you put down?
>>
>>14679153
>responsible for repairs while a 16yo uses it
You are literally the stupidest motherfucker. You are getting fucked and are going to keep getting fucked until there is nothing left to fuck you dumb fuck.

Fuck off.
>>
lol you are paying for his kid to have a car you retard. layaway is things that dont diminish in value while you pay it off like jewelry or a fucking couch.
>>
>>14679216
Thanks for the honesty. I"m not a car person and should have asked.

>>14679228
I was desperate, didn't take time to get advice or think about it. I just went through with it.

>>14679231
$926. Emptied my savings and took a grip of my checking.
>>
>>14679240
can you cancel it, its gonna take you over a year to pay it off
>>
File: 1453023423337.jpg (34 KB, 200x196) Image search: [Google]
1453023423337.jpg
34 KB, 200x196
Please tell me this is bait and you aren't actually this stupid.
>>
>>14679248
+on this. Just get out. It's stupid.
>>
>>14679248
I can't get any money back. If I stop paying he keeps the truck and I have to pay $400 to cancel the contract.
>>
>>14679153
>>14679240
Huh, so this is how poor people stay poor.
>>
>>14679255
ahahahah you fucked yourself so hard.
this is like some shit off of judge judy.
hahahahaha your 900 deposit + cancel fee could have gotten you a shitty car til you got better credit. or you could have just saved money yourself, you are literally throwing your money away
>>
This is one of the dumber things I've ever read.
>>
>>14679255
You have to pay $400 just to get out?
.....just kill yourself.
>>
the truck is gonna be broken down by the time you pay it off
>>
>>14679272
>>14679236
>>14679234
>>14679228
Thank you for your honesty.
>>14679277
>>14679286
>>
>>14679153

Had a good laugh, thanks OP.
>>
>>14679240
Just cancel it. Save up $400 and tell the guy to fuck off.
>>
Stop paying, dont pay the cancel fee. You fucked up.
>>
you should just cut your loss of 900 and never contact the guy again. if he didnt have a notary the contract shouldnt be valid, hes not gonna go after you at court for 400 when he got an easy 900
>>
>>14679153
>I'm responsible for the costs of repairs and maintainance on the truck while his son uses it. This is all in contract.

You are getting right fucked m8
>>
>>14679240
Is the contract notarized?
>>
>>14679310

This is true. Don't throw good money after bad OP, just cut and run, fuck this guy.

>tfw i didn't think of running this scam on craigslist poorfags
>>
>>14679153

Take the $400 hit...this deal is a huge nogo...it may have been alright if he kept it, but letting a 16yr old to drive in the meantime, while YOU cover all repairs and maintenence is fucked...don't know where you live OP but you MAY be able to get out of the contract with all your monies...some states and provinces have a 'cool down' period where you can back out, no fault, and cash must be returned...

Best of luck young fella...
>>
>>14679153
fucking retarted to the max

you just got tricked into paying for this guys kid to drive a truck.

This will take you a year or more to pay off.

This kid is going to destroy that truck in the mean time

I bet when you finally pay in full the truck has 400,000 miles

They will probably take the engine out when they give u the truck and say you are responsible for finding a new engine.

Honestly dude you have to get out of this. Give this fucker the $400 and cancel the contract. Cut your loses and grow a brain.

Fuck poor people are stupid.
>>
Drain the oil, drain differential fill it with 5 quarts of stp oil treatment, fill radiator with head gasket repair and give it back.
>>
>>14679362
? I'm not a car person so not sure what this means. Also, I don't have access to the truck. I'm also not doing anything illegal if that's what you're suggesting.
>>
well op is either dead or getting the bath and toaster ready
>>
>>14679306
I wouldn't pay more. Just try to get money back if possible. Otherwise tell the guy to fuck off and forget his $400.

What a cuck...
>>
>>14679382
What's a cuck? Sorry.
>>
>>14679379
It's not illegal, you're just performing some maintenance.
>>
Hey fuccboi layaway is when they put it away and reserve it for you and you only u til you finish paying it off. A 16 year old kid is literally cucking you until you pay it off
>>
>>14679382
Yea I thought of that. Even if this contract is notarized(Which it probably isnt.) The guy OP's working with broke the law by letting his 16 year old son drive it in the meantime. So OP can literally walk away from this with nothing except a loss of $900 and harsh lesson learned.
>>
>>14679379
you don't even have access to the truck...

This guy could just break something worth like $400 every month that you would have to pay to fix and you would never get any closer to paying off the truck.. what the fuck man.

He can just keep the truck forever if he keeps breaking the same part over and over.
>>
>>14679419
Yeah, Ididn't think about that when I signed.

>>14679409
Obviously I can't afford the lawyer. I'll be paying the $400 asap just to cover my tracks.
>>
>>14679445

You don't need a lawyer in small claims court, and if this is not a bait thread I seriously doubt this fag is going to take you to court anyway. Just tell him you can't afford his scam any more and you're moving to China.
>>
>>14679445
you weren't thinking at all... Did you get the ownership signed over to you?
>>
>>14679459
No
>>
>>14679470
Then you have no obligation to this vehicle. Tell him to go fuck himself.
>>
>>14679470
I'm calling bullshit unless you come up with some proof, no one is this dumb.
>>
>>14679484
The fact that op isn't defending himself makes it seem legit
>>
>>14679470
fucking lol
>>
>>14679538
I wonder how old OP is.
>>
>>14679581
>>
>>14679153
OMFG pls be bait, anon wtf were you thinking? Holy shit, holy shit.
>>
>>14679587
what part of this even remotely made sense to you? you dont have to know anything about cars but you should know about buying something.

we all go through tough times at least some point, sure you lost what probably took you a while to save but you will get it back eventually.

cut your losses dont pay the 400 and take a dump on his porch in the middle of the night
>>
>>14679587
OP do you even have a father? This kind of stupidity only comes from being raised by a single mother. I wish you luck in life.
>>
>>14679484
Post the contract, OP.
>>
>>14679621
Yeah where was your dad during all this?
>>
8/10 troll thread by /o/ standards. It's original, almost believable, sounds like something a nigger would do, etc. Next time I suggest you pretend you did a few smart things at some point so as to drag the thread out longer. Instead of 50 replies of "retard!" you could get 100 replies of "let's help OP fix his retardation," which is much more satisfying

Good luck in the future my fellow shitposter
>>
>>14679652
>Yeah where was your dad during all this?
This, if my dad knew I did something like this he would've smacked me upside the head and beat up the fucker who tried to rip you off.

I actually feel sorry for OP, he went into this with good intentions, he works, has savings etc. He needed a truck for work, but people will take advantage of such a young guy.
>>
File: 79.png (32 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
79.png
32 KB, 300x100
>>14679671
>8/10 troll thread
This, I refuse to believe anyone would actually do this.
>>
>>14679671
The most horrifying thing about this is that it's probably true.
>>
contract was written in crayon i bet
>>
>>14679153
Why didn't you just buy a cheaper vehicle?
>>
>>14679153
OP the guy wants to scam you, murder the fucking nigger right now.
>>
>>14679711
yeah this is almost to retarted to be fake
>>
holy shit OP I can't understand what made you think this is a good idea.

live and learn from your mistakes and move on.
>>
>>14679671
Agree. I was believing it until the "I agreed to pay for all repairs while his son drives it" part. No one is that stupid. He should have said that he suspects the guy's kid has already totaled it and they're trying to get him to finish paying it off.
>>
>>14679153

i hope this is bait an you not actual this stupid
>>
>>14680254
but just if you are this stupid stop and think about this your paying him money and someone else is driving it and they total it THEN WHAT?
>>
it's vague enough to be believable imo.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.