[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to get my settlement from an accident...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
After I pay off my mortgage and student loans I plan to buy myself a "fun" car. Was thinking of a WRX esp if they come out with a hatch version in the nest model year.

While I know it's not a pure sports car it's a fun daily driver. I take lots of road trips and do a lot of camping/skiing so the AWD is high on my list since it's gonne be driven in nasty conditions. Plus it's go that back seat for when I have kids which is a bonus.

What other cars should I be looking at? I know that Ford Focus RS is coming but i'm worried about reliability over the long term. Gonna keep the car for 15+ years easy. The RS seems really high strung for that kind of mileage.

I have looked at MX5s and while I love how they drive and the convertible top they blow in the bad weather and I can't recline the seat in it to sleep. I know thats odd but when I go camping I normally go after work, drive out to the area i'm gonna hike/camp, recline the seat and sleep till morning to get started. Plus it's got no back seat. Do plan to get something like an MX5 later in life, maybe even a Corvette for the nice weather summer road trips but I need more utility.

Should I look at Audis or anything like that? I've never considered a European car before, I mostly owned domestics with a few jap cars tossed in.
>>
>>14678148
You're life sounds fun as fuck OP, go for your Subaru, they hold value well too last I checked.
>>
>>14678170
Ha thanks, yeah I test drove a few cars and I keep coming back to the subie. Might just wait out the next model year because i'll be real sore if they drop a hatch back WRX right after I buy.
>>
>>14678148
>AWD

If that's a must and you want something sporty you're basically limited to:

>WRX
>Focus RS
>Golf R
>BMW M235i xDrive
>BMW 320/328/335i xDrive (they have a wagon version but it's slow)
>BMW 428/435i xDrive
>New Audi TT RS
>Audi RS 5

Kindof in the same boat as you, OP. I'm looking for a new car and really want AWD. Although, I'm getting old and just don't think I can rock in WRX/Focus/Golf. Audi's aren't the most reliable cars. The BMW's are nice but I'm too much of a pussy to mod them to make them reasonably fast.

I think I'm just going to go for a C7 Corvette, then again I live 5 minutes from work and don't have to haul anything but groceries around.
>>
>>14678179
I test drove a C7 and I REALLY loved it. It would just be so irresponsible of it being wife is talking kids soon. Though wife did say she wanted me to get the C7 and just pick up some shit box for daily driver use.

I just turned 32 so I'm not a young guy myself. If you are worried about a stiff ride the WRX rides great. STI on the other hand is way to rough for me. I looked at but didn't drive the Golf R, it doesn't have a sun roof options and thats a deal breaker for me.

Haven't really looked at Audis so im not sure how they run, the TT is a 2 seater and if I was getting a 2 seater id just get the C7. BMWs AWD is not really fun to me and just feel like big heavy cars. As crazy as it sounds they feel like the AWD chargers to me
>>
>>14678202
Don't get cucked into having kids. The world doesn't need any more people.
>>
>>14678297
>cucked into having kids

I really want kids though. We are financially secure, decent genetics (no cancer in the families). and white. We are who should be having kids. We want 2, hopefully a boy and a girl.
>>
>>14678309
You sound like my dad. His lease is soon on our 2013 impreza hatch. He needs the hatchback for sports equipment like windsurfing gear and snowboards. Needs AWD because Canada but he is not liking how slow the regular impreza is and the road noise is fucking terrible. The only way he will get another subaru is if they come out with a hatch wrx/sti . Otherwise it looks like we will be getting a Mercedes GLA. as this seems to be more appropriate at this point.
>>
>>14678148

Dude just get the C7 and have a shitbox daily. That way you can reward yourself on the weekends and date nights with the Wife.

Speaking from experience with a MR2 turbo for weekends, a Rav4 for daily and kids.
>>
>>14678148
Any reason why AWD is an absolute must?

I understand camping/skiing, but Blizzaks exist for a reason, and if you're in an area with heavy snow you're going to be running at least two sets of wheels anyway (and with a 5 minute commute, how bad could it honestly get?).

Couple suggestions off the top of my head:
530xi Wagon
Focus ST
'13 WRX Hatch (I doubt subie ever produces a WRX hatch again)

You could also look at something like the Carrera 4 or 4S
>>
>>14678202
Depends on where you are. I'm in NYC and the roads are absolute shit. Even as a young guy the ride in the '16 WRX is rough, especially with summers on.
>>
>>14678570
Forgot to mention that it's an absolute blast as a daily driver, even commuting through traffic both ways in the city.
>>
>>14678148
Were you actually injured in an accident that was not your fault, or did you act like a boyracer, cause an accident, fake whiplash, and then sue the not at fault driver and settle for over $100,000?

The latter happened to my brother, boyracer doing more than twice the speedlimit went over the double yellow line in the center of the road. Cop took boyracer's word for it because he was a local and my brother had an out of state license. Insurance split fault at 51% my brother/49% him and he settled with our insurance company. He now goes around in a WRX. I hope he crashes and dies in it.
>>
File: 1451521846668.jpg (12 KB, 210x210) Image search: [Google]
1451521846668.jpg
12 KB, 210x210
>>14678148
>gets nigger rich from insurance money
>wants to blow it on a new sports car
>asks /o/ for advice on anything automotive
I don't know OP, it seems you are pretty skilled at making bad decisions. I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine.
>>
>Focus RS
>Evo 8-9 or 04-07 WRX STi in the nicest condition for the least amount of money

Or just pick up a used Jeep and:

>Corvette Z06 (C5 is $20-25k, C6 is $30-35k)
>E46 M3/Z4M Coupe
>M235i
>IS-F

I'd just get a second shitbox anyways unless you take public transportation. I have a 97 M3 and a 98 Civic for that reason. The M3 sits in the garage when its shitty out or when its broken.

>>14678596
>brother commits insurance fraud
>I HOPE HE DIES

what the fuck lol
>>
>>14678646
My brother didn't commit insurance fraud.
Some idiot in Pennsylvania did.
We pay for an accident that this fucktard in Pennsylvania caused.
>>
>>14678596
I was not at fault, was coming up the road on a 4 lane, had a medium to divide traffic. Come (well kid) in oncoming lane jumped the medium and hit me. Was out of work for 5 months and still have issues with pain
>>
>>14679167
My sympathies.
>>
>>14679167
they're called medians.
>>
>>14679175
It's ok, I got paid out of it

>>14679208
I stand corrected
>>
>>14678309
I agree, more people like you should be breeding to offset all the scum.
Just don't raise sissy liberal faggots
>>
>>14678148
I was in a similar position, OP, and I went for the WRX. Ford appeared to run a risk of maintenance issues, and while I trusted the build quality of VW, the cost of maintenance for VW and BMW underwhelmed me. My only regret is not trying an EVO, but there was no dealer near me. Otherwise, I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I do wish the '16 model came in a hatchback, though...
>>
>>14678309
>white

Yes, please have more children so that they can continue the white tradition of starting global wars.
>>
>>14678309
>white

Have 6 children.
>>
>>14678148
I've got one of the new WRX STIs. They're nice, you can fit adults in the back, it handles good enough, and it's fast enough. It's a good compromise car you can still have fun in.
>>
>>14678179
>>14678202

I'm currently demo'ing a Golf R and I can vouch for it. I love the steering, the suspension, the visability (even without blindspot mirrors or indicators), and can absolutely fly when you punch the throttle.

I was looking for a hot hatch coming from a BRZ because I had gotten bored of manual and wanted something practical yet fun (and for some reason I love hatches over sedans despite being a burger).
>>
File: 4L_Hn9zfwdr.jpg (51 KB, 636x352) Image search: [Google]
4L_Hn9zfwdr.jpg
51 KB, 636x352
>no one has suggested the mazdaspeed3
I'm disappointed in you, /o/. It'll have AWD and probably be more fun to drive than the WRX. Plus since its a Mazda it should be the most reliable out of all your options
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.