[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Volvo XC90 2004 Towing Harness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: auto harness.png (2 MB, 1024x836) Image search: [Google]
auto harness.png
2 MB, 1024x836
This is for a towing harness, not a radio, but it seems like a similar standard, but I just don't know what they are called or who makes them or how to pick it out of all the others

How can I find a mating piece for this? 13 pins, two are for a lower gauge wire/bigger pin. Seems to say UA-14 on the red piece.
>>
Continued:
The official volvo harness is discontinued because it's so old. (part number 8698078)

Curt makes a 4 pin harness that you don't even connect to this because they'd rather have you get into your light harness directly, even though there is this purpose made harness hanging out in your car waiting for you to plug your wiring into it.

This is just my autism. It upsets me to cut into this perfectly innocent harness to directly splice the trailer wiring into it just for want of a connector. But I'll do it if I have to.
>>
Not even a 'gtfo faggot'?
>>
>>14676753
Go to nearby uhaul center. They should have a quick connect for it. Part number should start with a CQT.

Also, Faggot for owning an absurdly stupid SUV
>>
>>14676753
Google harder
http://www.jimellisvolvoparts.com/p/__/XC90-Cable-harness-kit-for-towbar-04--3-Cable-kit-4-and-7-pin-US-CA/7058833/8698078.html
>>
>>14677343

http://www.volvopartsinternational.com/Volvo-OEM-Part-Number-8698078-HARNESS-p/8698078.htm
>>
>>14677343
>
Meh.

I'll try the second link. I've ordered from 5 merchants (Jim ellis specifically was my 2nd try)so far and they have all cancelled my order because they can't source it. Best junkyard in California doesn't have any 03-04 with a tow package.
>>
https://www.waytekwire.com/products/11/Multi-Pin-Connectors/

bro just make another one
>>
>>14676753
I count 10 wires in there, so you can try and buy a new one (Bosch and Delphi make a load of them, just to name a couple) with 10 pins or two with 8 and 2 pins (since two of the wires are bigger) and get rid of the old connector completely.

Some connectors come already wired, some come empty and you have to buy and crimp the pins yourself, no big deal, just remember to buy a sealed connector.

Here you can find the delphi list, usually I just write down the code and look on Amazon/eBay for it.
http://delphi.com/manufacturers/cv/connection-systems/catalog/category

Click on Automotive > component type > connectors/housings > number of ways > choose whatever suits your needs.
You might want to hunt in different categories so you can sort for wire section if you want.
>>
>>14678808
Thanks m8
>>
>>14676753

If you can figure out what that particular connector type is called you will most likely find it at Farnell, and little "needles" to crimp onto the cables and click into the new connector, you might need to ask Volvo about the type tho. The catalogues are too vast to search through aimlessly. On my car, all connector types are specified in the repair manual, it's handy as fuck and I can source them all at Farnell.
>>
I have a xc90. I got my hitch/harness done at uhaul they did a great job.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.