[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
killed my battery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Anyone here good with cars? Killed my battery, its dead.

Can I just keep pushing it to get it slightly charged?

Makes sense to me. But it could mean pushing it for like 20+ minutes

That cardio tho.
>>
That's not how it works, engine has to be running to charge battery via the alternator

If you drive a manual you can start your car by popping the clutch tho
>>
I'd kill her with battery, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>14675728
I tried, no idea wtf to do
>>
>>14675729
>she'll need help once im done with her
>>
Yeah just pop the clutch in 2nd gear with the ignition on and she should fire right up.

Unless you are the kind of retard that drives an automatic...
>>
Go get it charged at your local vatozone
>>
>>14675736
Is it a standard transmission?
>>
>>14675748
This. They do it for free and takes half an hour
>>
Check the owners manual to see if you even can charge the battery that way. Most manuals will tell you in some kind of "In case of emergency" section or something.
>>
>>14675736
Step 1: Put key in key hole and turn to the on position

Step2: Push the car while in the neutral gear until you are at a running pace

Step3: hop in the moving car and push down the pedal to the farthest left otherwise known as clutch

Step 4: while the pedal is pressed in select 2nd gear

Step 5: Let off the clutch pedal and floor the gas

Step 6: put the car in neutral and put on the parking break to hold u in place

Step7: don't turn off the car for atleast 20minutes.
>>
>>14675747
How would that work?
>>14675758
Yes.

>>14675787

Not enough room :/
>>
>>14675830

Where is the car that you cant push it 20 feet?
>>
>>14675748
Seriously this, why the fuck would you not?
>>
>>14675830
you use the momentum of the car to crank the engine over instead of the starter motor
>>
>>14675858
.that's enough? I can probably try that.

20 feet should be easy
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.