[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I offroad this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 640x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 640x410
My dad is getting a new SUV and he is letting me keep his current SUV. It's a 2013 XC90 V8 R design. I want to know if you guys think I could possibly mod this SUV into a capable off-road machine. I have about $12,000 I can use for new suspension , wheels, brush bars , lights and anything else.

What do you guys think is it worth the effort?
>>
No. It's unibody, thus it's shit
>>
You sound like a spoiled 16 year old shit that's getting a nice luxury car to drive and wants to shit it up with a bunch of crap. Just drive it and enjoy. If you want to go offroad, take a fraction of that $12k and buy a cheap 4x4 beater (Jeep, 4Runner, whatever).
>>
>>14674245
I just want to have something unique that nobody would usually try to take off-road. I guess if you really need a frame to be good off-road then I'm kinda in a bad spot.
>>
>>14674284
It's not even the lack of a frame that's the problem. It's not full-time awd. It's only fwd until it slips, then it sends power to the back. Subaru awd or torsen Quattro are much better.
>>
You could sell it and buy a subby then lift it and mod it. And you can probably do that without touching your 12 grand
>>
>>14674226
That's a nice car. Don't fuck it up like a dumb kid.

Either sell it and buy a new truck or Jeep. Or keep that as a really nice DD and buy a beater and work on it with that 12k. You can buy enough cheap aftermarket bullshit for a Jeep with that money. I don't think you really understand money and what you will do to your dad's nice ass Volvo if you act like a dumbass on some trails.

I doubt you will find many lift kits for a 2013 XC90 anyway because most people who own those aren't that retarded. Plus, let's be honest here, your dad will get pissed off if you try to put mud tires on his Volvo.
>>
>>14674226
Is this bait? I wish my DD was worth $12,000. All 3 of my cars together aren't worth $12,000

>>14674245
Do this, OP you fucking tremendous faggot
>>
>>14674547
My car cost $400, I don't think I've ever even had $3,000 to my name at any given time ever desu
>>
>>14674226
>SUV
FUCKING SHIT
>Uses for an SUV
FUCKING NONE
>>
>>14675278
yeah, indeed
>need to off road ?
get a proper 4x4
>don't need to off road ?
get a fucking wagon, sedan or hatchback
>want to be a fucking moron and waste money and fuel?
get an SUV
>>
>>14675287
Sports Utility Vehicle... thinking time

hmm... isn't a sports car, even handles worse than a standard car.

about as practical as a wagon but costs more on fuel, and not as good at handling. Far less space utility than a van.

Safety ? apparently not it gets the same ratings as standard cars, however it is more likely to roll over.

Style ? pff... thats subjective and based on opinion, buts there not exactly on exotic super car level.

yeah really... can't argue
>>
>>14675278
LOL...
>>14675287
ok sort of making sense
>>14675383
ok makes sense

but what the fuck really ? this isn't a thread about SUV's generally...
>>
>>14675540
/o/ hates SUVs, Man. Better leave before they start in on what a faggot your old man is for having a 2013 luxury SUV and then buying ANOTHER SUV.
>>
>>14674284
>>
>>14675574
Well... My dad likes Volvo for the reliability and safety.

We like the suv because we have a few boats that we tow so It's nice to have a suv for that.

We go on a few road trips every year and a high seating position makes it more relaxing and less stressful.

I live in a part of Canada that gets a good amount of snow so ground clearance can be very valuable.

I sometimes need to drive 6 or 7 people to another location because I'm the only one in my friend group that has a car and can drive.

I could go on and make more excuses why I need an SUV but at the end of the day your augment is valid for 90% of people who own SUV's. They really don't need them but In the case of my lifestyle I think It's justified
>>
>>14675700
Don't mod the Volvo. Buy a beater car to work on if you really want.
>>
>>14675824
Okay fuck I won't touch the Volvo you seem to be telling me to let it be.

I think I want to get a K5 or something like that.
I just thought since I already have the Volvo it would be easier.
>>
>>14675889
son you could fully rebuild a k5 with new engine and transmission and not even come close to what it would take to make that turd not slip in some clay
>>
u can buy a fairly capable jeep for 12 grand depending on where u live. A jeep or k5 or some other truck would be much better for off roading than that car. please don't ruin that fucking volvo, it would look like trash with mods, and handle like trash off road.
>>
>>14676006
Everyone here seems to really like the volvo as it is.

I'm cool with a K5/1500 But I just do not want to become a Jeep Bro, Can't stand that community
>>
>>14674559
>get a load of this poorfar
>>
>>14676111
Lol why is your father not handing you down a three year old $75,000 Suv faggot?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.