[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>took car to dealership for a recall fix >they tell me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1458368000592.png (230 KB, 488x360) Image search: [Google]
1458368000592.png
230 KB, 488x360
>took car to dealership for a recall fix
>they tell me there's a lot of things that urgently need to be fixed, alternator could go out any minute (covered in oil due to a leak)
>they tell me the belt needs to be changed, front valve gasket cover, radiator, oil pan all need to be replaced
>$2000 repair quote

I took it to a trusty mechanic and he said the only thing that needed fixing was a valve cover that caused oil leakage onto the alternator. Fixed it for a little over $100.

I can't believe anyone actually gets their cars serviced in dealerships without warranty.
>>
>>14673045
I get my oil change their. The service manager knows me well enough to just inform me of any issues and then shut the fuck up because I'm not paying for it
>>
>paying a anyone to work on your car
You're the retard
>>
>>14673055
Here's your (you)
>>
>>14673071
If you can't repair a valve cover yourself consider suicide
>>
They're called stealerships for a reason.

>trying to trade my vehicle in for another
>salesman offers $5000 less than my vehicle's value, $18000, because theirs is on sale for less than what other dealerships would sell it for

Salesmen, and dealerships in general, are absolute scum.
>>
>>14673079
People have to make a profit dumbass. They aren't gonna give you the retail value of your car. If you want the 18k sell it yourself
>>
>>14673078
Why so salty about it? If you don't have experience in fixing cars then pay a professional to do it. Fucking faggot.
>>
>>14673092
You won't ever have experience if you pay someone else to do it. Sack up and do it yourself
>>
>>14673088
That's the trade in value, dumbass. If you can't see what's wrong with what I typed, you're a car salesman.
>>
>>14673079

I love greentext stories that are supposed to be a funny anecdote about another person's stupidity but actually just reveal how retarded the poster is.
>>
>>14673079
That's because when you sell directly to a dealership they have a lot of costs that go in to making the car ready for sale, not to mention their overhead.
>>
>>14673105
Not everyone has time on their hands to just sit around tinkering all day anon, most of us have jobs
>>
>>14673296
>what is the weekend
>>
>>14673369
Not everyone has free time to work on a car during the weekend, anon. Some of us have lives.
>>
>>14673045
>trusty mechanic

no such thing other than yourself
>>
File: eeee.jpg (41 KB, 299x428) Image search: [Google]
eeee.jpg
41 KB, 299x428
>>14673398
>he thinks replacing a valve cover takes time
>>
>>14673421
dude who cares lmao not everyone works on cars. you're no better than some virgin on /g/ crying about people not working on computers
>>
>bring new Mazda 3 to dealership after a year for 5,000 mile service and state inspections
>free 5,000 service
>free state inspection
>free factory recall repairs

I ended up paying like $44 for just the emissions and they even filled up my wiper fluid :^)
>>
>>14673045
Its called up-sell. this happens in every industry or service field. get your AC serviced, hvac guy most likely works on commission and wants to sell you new parts or equipment. call a plumber, they will find ways to up-sell the service call. call the cable company, guess what they will try to up-sell you. same goes for dealerships. you just need to know what needs to be done and what is B.S.
>>
>>14673055
You're an hero
>>
>>14673398
>browsing 4chins
>having friends
pick 1
>>
>>14673112
It's not the financial stuff at car dealerships that bothers me, it's the expert concealment of flaws that scares me off.
>>
>>14673045

Its going to be funny when you driving down the road and your belt snaps.
>>
>>14673487

upsell does not usually imply lying to the customer about the state of their items. it can have misdirection (such as selling insurance on items that have factory insurance) but straight up lying about things is not what I would consider an 'upsell'. Selling somebody a soundbar with their television is an upsell. Convincing somebody they need their fries supersized is an upsell. Telling somebody they need a replacement part for something that isn't broken is basically fraud.
>>
File: 1456108422161.png (166 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
1456108422161.png
166 KB, 750x1334
>>14673456
nobody on g cares about that and if you actually think fucking computer repairs are complicated you are surprisingly stupid, and i expect people on 2016's 4chan to be fucking retarded

the real problem on g is people baiting by shilling the shit out of winblows because apparently that's hilarious
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.