[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't Torque work right on Nexus 7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: torque-app-1.jpg (119 KB, 600x501) Image search: [Google]
torque-app-1.jpg
119 KB, 600x501
Anyone here use Torque?

I got it on my phone and I thought it was great. All the sensors read accurately and all the dials updated in real time.

So I decided I'd buy a Nexus 7 and do a dash install.

Now I've finally finished doing my dash install and I've turned on Torque for the first time and found that nothing is working properly. The Boost gauge is saying I'm making 40lbs of boost at idle and the tachometer lags behind by about 2 seconds.

What could be causing this?
>>
>>14672793
what car and what sensor
the knockoff $30 bluetooth sensors have a lot of issues because they use non-genuine chips
>>
File: IMG_20160226_135528.jpg (3 MB, 3088x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160226_135528.jpg
3 MB, 3088x4160
Is your Bluetooth connection wired correctly?
If you have too many sharp bends the data might get out of the cable
>>
>>14672797
Audi TT and XTRONS sensor

But it can't be either as it works find on my phone.
>>
>>14672807
your phone and your tablet have different bluetooth hardware and drivers anon
cheap fake ELM327 chips negotiate exceedingly poorly and work with some devices but not others
newer software updates on the nexus 7 import drivers which have trouble with fake ELM327 OBDII chips
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2383679

this is a known issue anon, it's what you get for buying £10 fake chinese shit.

If you had bought something with a real ELM327 chip and proper firmware/drivers like this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ScanTool-427201-OBDLink-Bluetooth-Professional/dp/B00H9S71LW

you'd be fine, especially since this unit supports much faster communication than the fakes. instead, you cheaped out and you got an unreliable product.
>>
File: 1428699943484.jpg (24 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1428699943484.jpg
24 KB, 450x450
>>14672831
>£47

Literally what the fuck I paid £5 on ebay
>>
For some reason it started working better once I told it the engine size.

No idea why as that should have no effect on reading sensors relating to boost.
>>
File: elm327-original-and-fake.jpg (228 KB, 520x391) Image search: [Google]
elm327-original-and-fake.jpg
228 KB, 520x391
>>14672834
>I paid £5 on ebay
and rather than having a £47 product that works, you have a £5 product that doesn't.

You cannot make an OBDII reader with bluetooth and a real OBDII chip for £5.

http://can-newsletter.org/tools/tools-miscellaneous/nr_elm327_wgsoft_140123/
>The diagnosis interfaces found on Ebay do not include the original ELM327 chip, even though it often says so on the body housing. The 1.0 version of the ELM327 did not implement copy protection, and the PIC code was copied and widely sold in devices claiming to contain an ELM327 device. Although these pirate clones may contain the ELM327 version 1.0 code, they may falsely report the version number as the current version provided by the genuine ELM327 and in some cases report an as-yet non-existent version. The actual function of these pirate clones is nonetheless limited to the function of the original ELM327 version 1.0, with inherent deficiencies. As a result the diagnosis software might not work with these copies. In that case, the costumer might loose money twice: once for the faulty device and second they might also have bought the relevant software, which they can’t return and can’t use without a new interface.
>WG-Soft had a look at some of the interfaces offered on Ebay. The housing is mostly made of aluminum; part of the package is also a USB driver and some obsolete freeware or demo-version of the software. Once they opened the housing, they discovered, to no ones surprise, that the interfaces don’t include an original ELM327 chip. That makes sense, since the chip costs a bulk buyer about €20. The Chinese copy of the whole device plus cable costs between US-$10 and US-$20 and can be found for US-$20 to US-$80 on Ebay. This is possible because neither the Chinese manufacturer nor the retailer have any development expenses, or have to pay for, or develop software. They also don’t have to worry about customer support.
>>
>tfw cheap reader and cheap phone with superb performance

Other than having pretty gauges, what else can I do with it?
>>
>>14672793
>looks at op pic
>19psi boost
>634 g/s air flow
>1500 rpm
>3rd gear
>Mustang
>77hp

lol
>>
>>14673236
Read OBD2 codes, data logging for diagnosing
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.