[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I need some advice and help on what car to get. My
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
Hey guys, I need some advice and help on what car to get. My 2001 Ford Focus is starting to take a dump on me and I have about $10000 in cash to use towards a vehicle (or get a loan, but my credit score is only 694 with 6 months of credit history). I also make about $1400 a month with only $300 a month for rent with utilities, giving me $1100 leftover a month for cell phone, food, gas, car payments (if applicable), and car insurance.

I like SUVs, but because of my budget I will be realistic and not charge after one as of now. I have seen a lot of 2015 and 2016 Chevy Sonics close to my price range in my area, and I like the touch screen radio and backup camera.

Any advice on what to look for near my area would be great. I would prefer to also get a new-ish vehicle and not have to pull out a loan for a used one but it is what it is.
>>
Buy a Lambo dude
>>
>>14672044

We can dream.

Also worth noting I can drive manual, but prefer not to.
>>
bump, still looking.
>>
>>14672031
Dude, you don't make that much money. You should just get a Mazda 3 or a civic and "shut the fuck up."
>>
>>14672031
Buy a civic
>>
>>14672031
Read the sticky
>>
>>14672031
What's wrong with the focus?
>>
>>14672031
>tfw you realize how good DBZ could have been
>>
>>14673684

Fuel leaks, axle repairs, 250k miles, cracked windshield, and more.
>>
>Find a reasonable price civic at a dealer and try to get a loan.. something around 10k.
>Once you have the car and the loan use your cash to pay the payments on time or early to improve credit score.
>get 2 birds stoned at once
>>
>>14674049

How much of a car's cost should I put down as a down payment to get approved for a loan?
>>
>>14676651
Post your Craigslist. I wouldn't finance a new econobox. You could get something interesting instead.
>>
>>14676731

My local craigslist is Peoria, IL, unless you mean post an ad.
>>
>>14676747
Nah I just meant location.

http://peoria.craigslist.org/cto/5497441137.html

I'd just look in Chicago. Lots more options. Or find something you like in a place without rust, fly there, and drive it back.
>>
File: 1433010796777.jpg (22 KB, 533x477) Image search: [Google]
1433010796777.jpg
22 KB, 533x477
>>14676843

I will take a look in Chicago. Any specifics I should look out for?
>>
>>14676871
http://chicago.craigslist.org/search/cto?hasPic=1&min_price=2500&max_price=7700&auto_title_status=1

If you really want to be based, type "records" in the search box.
>>
>>14676896
Sorting by manual only is probably a good idea too, since you'll find cars that were actually taken care of by their enthusiast owners, rather than autotragic pieces of shit with owners who don't care.
>>
>>14676896

What do you mean by records?
>>
>>14676921
Service records. Maintenance is more important than mileage.
>>
http://peoria.craigslist.org/cto/5464814188.html

I thought this looked pretty good if I could knock a few hundred off.
>>
>>14674044
>doesn't maintain car
>whines it needs basic maintenance given mileage

fix it up or get a civic and shut the fuck up, you don't make the money for anything else.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.