[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hometown Heros
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 9
Ok, so here's what I'm thinking.

Every general area (US, Europe, Asia) has a list of cars that are big heros, big names that are the best that nation can provide, known worldwide for their performance, Viper, SLS AMG, GT-R. And a local hero, one that amidst a low point of heavy regulations or taxation of that area still was very much so able to be the best that it can be, if only for what would suit their local market's desires best.

For example, for the US we have the Corvette and Mustang. There are more but let's just list these two for now. Everybody loves the Vette and the Stang. Big performers that play a big game with the big boys and soforth. Compared to big name vehicles of other countries.

But we also have our local hero, even if past their time nowadays, of the Grand National and Mustang SVO, which during the malaise era signaled the return of horsepower to America. However, outside of our regulatory and cultural boundaries they would have been shunned because it did not fit their regulations or culture, for example issues with handling, displacement taxes, size, and the like would have arisen.

Would anybody else agree?
>>
File: Suzuki_Cappuccino_front_20090514.jpg (488 KB, 2060x1120) Image search: [Google]
Suzuki_Cappuccino_front_20090514.jpg
488 KB, 2060x1120
Would a Suzuki Cappuccino be an example of a local hero for Japan? It was sporty enough to be fun while fitting into the kei category to keep it affordable and under the heavy size and displacement taxes, however it'd be too weak and small for Europe who's restrictions weren't as bad, and in America it would be considered uncomfortably cramped and painfully gutless.
>>
Dammit guys, shitpost thread max out but I don't get shit. The hell?
>>
File: mercedes-190-evo2-ftq_0.jpg (685 KB, 3606x1847) Image search: [Google]
mercedes-190-evo2-ftq_0.jpg
685 KB, 3606x1847
I'm not giving up on my thread.
>>
File: 2438388.jpg (980 KB, 2541x3000) Image search: [Google]
2438388.jpg
980 KB, 2541x3000
>>
Still not giving up.
>>
Not gonna let it down
>>
Not gonna run around
>>
File: mazdaspeedmiata.jpg (394 KB, 1024x638) Image search: [Google]
mazdaspeedmiata.jpg
394 KB, 1024x638
>>14670313

Asia:

GT-R: for dominating some races and tuning potential
Miata: for succeeding where europe failed
FD RX-7: Unique Dorito engine, tuning potential, absolutely dominated in some racing series, rated sexiest car at one point by playboy,
LS400: Single-handedly put japanese luxury on the map
Supra: tuning potential
Hilux: unkillable truck used worldwide
NSX: SEEEENNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198 KB, 1280x720
Not gonna desert it.
>>
>>14670313
>Americans invite European engineers to use principles and technologies of european companies
>HORSEPOWERS ARE BACK
>USDM STRONG
>meanwhile in civilised countries, the M3 and 190E
>>
>Polan
>OG: Polonez, any FSO
>today: BMW/Mercedes simply because theyre a symbol of power
>>
sexy pics, op.

Not quite sure where you are going with this thread though but

how about the Crown Vic and Lincoln town car? the favorite of any cop and taxi service nationwide? and for a few decades the only yellow cab or black cab you saw on the streets
>>
>>14671024
>>14671195
>>14671469
>>14674074
You are now aware that a 1987 Buick Grand National was scrapped by Cash For Clunkers
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.