[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are aftermarket shift knobs a meme? Looking to get one for my STi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 213350WTRD-3.jpg (33 KB, 357x331) Image search: [Google]
213350WTRD-3.jpg
33 KB, 357x331
Are aftermarket shift knobs a meme? Looking to get one for my STi
>>
File: 0_0 (2).jpg (70 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
0_0 (2).jpg
70 KB, 640x360
>aftermarket shift knob
>STI

That's as meme as it gets...
>>
>>14668887
If you like it, get it. You shouldn't care what these retards say about anything opinion related.
>>
>>14668887
>I care about the image a fucking ball of plastic projects.

Yep, he's a fag alright.
>>
Dildo shifter master race
>>
>>14668887

Don't expect it to improve your shifting at all, but it can change the feel of your shifter in a couple ways. First is obviously how the shifter feels in your hand. Are you a top shifter? Maybe look at a ball shaped knob. If you grip the knob from the side maybe look at something more slender. If you feel like your knob is too slippery, maybe look at something with knurling or leather. Get what feels best to you and suits your driving style. Secondly, the weight of the knob will change the balance of the shifter. A heavier knob will thunk into the next gear more affirmatively and lighter one, you will need to throw into gear more affirmatively. A lot of people seem to like the feel of a really heavy knob, but in my opinion it can also be completely overdone and ruin the shifter feel if you go too heavy. 340g feels pretty good to me in my DD, but I probably wouldn't go any heavier that that. This, of course may not be the case for you... You've just gotta experiment. I'll quit babbling now.
>>
>>14668887

Changing to a weighted one can make the throws feel much nicer, so no... not necessarily a meme.
>>
As long as you get a weighted one it's not a meme

I hate the one in my ST
>>
No but the STi is.
>>
>>14668887
i want to get a 7 star dragon ball(s) one for my 240sx
>>
>>14670099
as a matter a fact im going to buy it now

savings account be damned
>>
Only improvement would be short shifting it
>>
>>14668887
I bought a basic white delrin one similar to your pic.
Was like $15 and felt nicer than a 30 year old gummy, sticky, dirty, odd shaped factory knob.
>>
>>14668887
i like them, heavy as possible.
>>
>>14670109
fuck it might as well buy a new car too, right?
>>
File: kayzo.jpg (43 KB, 634x548) Image search: [Google]
kayzo.jpg
43 KB, 634x548
depends, i got mine, the one that came with my car was ugly, if your shelling out lots its pretty gay but something different is ok,
>>
The STi one is nice tho.
>>
>>14670156
no i want a grom
>>
>>14670207
finance one
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.