[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Car Knowledge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1429047758564.jpg (1 MB, 2432x4298) Image search: [Google]
1429047758564.jpg
1 MB, 2432x4298
Where do you guys learn?
>>
Wikipedia, reading various articles and books
>>
>>14668831
And youtube when shit breaks
>>
>>14668831

Basically this.

Also owning a shitbox and being poor.
>>
/o/
>>
>>14668831
check specific car forum they often have more detailed info
for maintenance you can buy or download the technical revue of your car

>>14668847
that helps for motivation
>>
Ive been breaking, fixing and learning about cars for 15 years. Pretty much the whole time ive told myself that I know heaps about them, and every other week im wrong about something and have to go learn more. It never ends and "mount stupid" is a very real thing
>>
>>14668871
Yeah car forums are super helpful too, word of advice though if your car is older than dial up there's a good chance most of the websites are dead. Luckily the way back machine exists and displays most pages.
>>
>>14668884
It's fascinating to think there's never a stopping point
>>
>>14668756
I used to pull weeds out around the neighborhood for money. After a while i got a good $200 and i bought a fucking katana (i was like 12years old) so after that i got better with money
>>
>>14668995
do you still have the katana?
>>
>>14668756

Forums, youtube, trial and error... If all else fails, the Haynes manual.

crownvic.net has a wealth of info about nearly every possible repair on my car, so I'm pretty lucky; I can get instructions on how to do anything on my car.
>>
>>14668756
I don't get it
>>
>>14668995
Nah, i fucking destroyed the thing. Being 12 i would cut everything and and anything (that it could) and do it 100 times over, also being 12 id show it off and let my friends cut shit in the yard with it. After a while it started to bend (poor thing had no choice) and i stopped caring about it. It started to rust from sitting in the storage. I eventually gave it to some homeless guy for $20
>>
Fuck this
>>14669215
Was meant for
>>14669006
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.