[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aston Martin faster than an F1 car
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
Red Bull F1 designer Adrian Newey will make a road-going hypercar for Aston Martin.

The key statements about the upcoming car are Aston’s goals. They’re projecting the hypercar will be faster around Silverstone than an F1 car, also claiming it will be the fastest production road car for sale when it debuts later this decade.

Codenamed Project “AM-RB 001,” the new car will combine Newey’s aerodynamic and engineering know-how with Aston Martin’s design language penned by Marek Reichman.

Red Bull’s F1 cars will run with Aston Martin logos on their noses now that Infiniti has left the party, but the company believes a new hypercar will boost awareness of its brand (#brand) even further, because not enough people in the world have encountered Red Bull and/or Aston Martin.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/aston-martin-and-red-bull-hypercar-could-be-faster-f1-car-around-silverstone
http://www.topgear.com/car-news/supercars/aston-martin-and-red-bull-will-build-hypercar
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/mar/17/aston-martin-team-up-with-red-bull-to-make-return-to-formula-one
http://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/aston-martin-and-red-bull-team-up-for-a-hypercar/
>>
>No visible aero
>Faster around Silverstone than an F1 car
It better have 3000hp or something
>>
>>14668382

the bottom looks like it has some ground effects going on.
>>
Unless this has a ground-effect fan, I don't think so
>>
>Road car faster than an 850hp, 702Kg formula car with literally tonnes of downforce and £xx,xxx,xxx put into development.

Nah.
>>
>>14668299
>will make
I hate when people tell me what they're "going to do"
It's like when your fat friend, who's been fat all his life, says "I'm going to start eating right and lose weight"
Yeah, how about you actually do it instead.
Anyone can say what they want to do. Just do it, then tell us you did.
>>
File: 2017 Aston Martin DB11.png (383 KB, 800x526) Image search: [Google]
2017 Aston Martin DB11.png
383 KB, 800x526
When has Aston Martin ever made a competitive road car?

I'll wait.

They've always been the slow and fat ones in their segment.
>>
>>14668475
Aston Martin Vulcan is as fast as the hypercar trio
>>
>>14668382
I bet there's some sort of deployable/variable rear wing. You can have downforce when you want it, less drag when you need it.
>>
>>14668484
But its not street legal. Its just a GT3 car. It has sure as fuck better be faster than a road going McLaren P1/Porsche 918/Ferrari LaFerrari.
>>
File: Porsche-V-Viper.jpg (38 KB, 590x400) Image search: [Google]
Porsche-V-Viper.jpg
38 KB, 590x400
>>14668496
oh so you mean it will be raped in the bends by some redneck contraption with a giant wing on the back?
>>
Building a car that's faster than an F1 car isn't actually that big of a deal, 2,000hp, ridiculous wings and groundeffect, bigger and softer tires. Done. F1 has very tight regulations and all that money is spent pushing against those regulations. In the same way there are plenty of (custom) road legal cars that are faster than a Bugatti veyron, however all of them are absolute shit at everything but straight line and need to be completely rebuilt every 100 miles

HOWEVER, a normal person literally can't drive that fast. Not even talking about skill here. Literally, physically can't drive that fast. F1 cars already pull fighter jet G-forces to get around Silverstone as fast as they do. It doesn't matter how good the car is, you're going to have to pull those G-forces to achieve those times
>>
>>14668655
>HOWEVER, a normal person literally can't drive that fast. Not even talking about skill here. Literally, physically can't drive that fast. F1 cars already pull fighter jet G-forces to get around Silverstone as fast as they do. It doesn't matter how good the car is, you're going to have to pull those G-forces to achieve those times
Are F1 drivers trained to resist the Gs, or are they just used to it because they've been racing their whole lives?
>>
>>14668702
They train as much as any elite athlete. I.E. several hours 6 days a week. A good chunk of that training is specifically for dealing with G forces.
>>
>>14668702
ferrari has a special car gym
>>
>>14668879
ur mom has a special dick cave
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.