[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: rv-black.jpg (70 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
rv-black.jpg
70 KB, 500x300
Are these a meme?
>>
>>14668102
>no

yes they are
>>
>>14668118
>yes

No they're not.
>>
tfw they're bigger than the average Brit/euro house and more powerful than the average brit/euro heavy truck.

'Murrica.
>>
What kind of meme?
>>
If I had to imagine the word COMFY in car form...

These would be it.
>>
Charging $800k to boomers to drive around with a tank filled with piss and shit is pretty funny to me
>>
Some cunt in one of these was camping in the fast lane on the interstate at night. Wanted to murder their whole shitty family.
>>
File: IMAG1069.jpg (560 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1069.jpg
560 KB, 2688x1520
>>14668096
Having one of these and just touring America for a year would be my dream. Unfortunately I live in this
>>
>>14668128
>>14668118
maybe
>>
>>14668298

is there ANY day of the year where you guys have nice, sunny weather?

shit man, I don't even know if I could have made it to 30 when I lived there. shit would make me depressed as fuck and I'm not even a big fan of summer weather.
>>
>>14668298

Hmm kinda looks like a concentration camp. I don't know how you guys do it...
>>
They wouldn't be if any daft cunt with a basic license wasn't allowed to drive them.
>>
tbqh if you have the money, why the hell not?

Comfy driving, no need to get a hotel...

My grandfather owned one and went around the US for quite some time. Quite comfy if you have 3-4 people on board, especially for a couple - big front to look out the front of as you tour the US...
>>
I wish someone would make one that was autonomous.

Would be super comfy to get on the interstate and letting the computer drive.
>>
>>14668185
If you go to a lot of outdoor events, they are really nice to have.

races, concerts, festivals, camping, etc.

You are bring a tiny apartment along with you.
>>
>>14668096
Final boss of family vacation
>>
>>14668096
I like being outdoors so I'm fine with my wagon or truck and a tent. Even if I had the money to afford one I'd much rather just use the money to travel around the world and camp in places instead of buying one.
>>
>>14668714
>races, concerts, festivals, camping, etc.
Sleeping in your RV between a few trees doesn't equal camping, and for the rest you're just a babby faggot if you can't even sleep in your car or in a tent for a single fucking night.
>>
>>14668162
And most can be driven with no CDL and no real training

'Merikahhhhh
>>
>>14668096

First tell us what you think the definition of a meme is and how it relates to your picture.
>>
>>14668797
You haven't lived until you have watched a 24 hour race from a patch of grass along side the track, with a big RV. You get up on top of it for a better view. You have a toilet and kitchen right there. If you need a nap or rest you ears. Go inside and get in the bed.
>>
>>14669222
What a load of nanny shit.
>>
>>14668162
How powerful do you think these are? Unless they are cruising around with 460hp your probably wrong
>>
>>14668797
>roughing it just because

yolo yo
>>
>>14669266
>pampering it just because
If you want the home experience, stay home. Camping in RVs is like canyon carving in an autotragic, "hunting" from a stand or using an electric barbecue grill.
>>
>>14669325
>>pampering it just because
The reason why you're a retard is because it's easier to be in an RV than in your hardxcore tents.
>>
>>14669256

Most class A diesel pushers are powered by a 400-600hp Cummins ISX. They'd probably keep up with a lot of euro clown cars. Kinda scary when 80 year Olds are driving them.
>>
>>14669380
So apparently your goal when doing anything is to do it as easily as possible instead of as exciting or memorable as possible. Why even do anything then?
>>
>>14669238
This, you have to be in the crowd, only catching glimpses between the heads of other people in the rain or searing sun.
>>
>>14669414
I've had quite memorable vacations in RVs. Only difference was that I wasn't suffering, "just cause".
>>
>>14669411
Most motorhomes are powered by pretty much the same engine as school buses and medium duty trucks, and those range from 200 to 400 hp. If you think a 20,000 lbs motorhome needs or deserves the same engines as an 80,000 lbs highway semi you've got to be a considerable moron.
>>
>>14669414
>races, concerts, festivals
These alone are hardly about where you sleep.
>>
>>14668096
Car equivalent of The Bebop
>>
>>14668096
I couldn't believe most of these are gas and not diesel. I mean those things are pretty big and heavy, why use gas anyways?
>>
>>14669417
Why the fuck would I go somewhere with a crowd on vacation? Does your entire world view consist of NASCAR races without grandstands?
>>
>>14669424

It's different in the US and Canada. The behemoth in OP's pic is called a class A. They're built on a rear drive bus chassis with a cummins ISX. They can weigh up to 80k lbs so they DO need that power. These things have granite countertops, washers and dryers and myltiple tv's. You're thinking class b and c which are built on truck chassis's.
>>
>>14669429
Well If I ever get an RV you know what I'll be heading over to /osg/ asking for.
>>
File: 1312358103_2.jpg (17 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1312358103_2.jpg
17 KB, 400x225
>>14669429
>>14669633
>>
>>14668096
Even if i had the money I would never drive them. A good short class C for me or a class b with a tiny bathroom built for one. Whats the purpose of a camper that can barely move along the highway and guzzles gas? Some of the sprinter class B's can get 25 mpg.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.