[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't people have any fucking respect? If I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12
Why don't people have any fucking respect?

If I'm close to someones car I literally insert my hand in between the door and their car so if it hits anything it's my hand.
>>
I do the same.
>>
I've had people ding my door while I'm sitting in the car.
>>
>>14668095
This has happened to me before. But idk what to do....if i make a fuss about it I'll look autistic as fuck and everyone will just be like "its just a car dude chill" so I'm conflicted
>>
>>14668103
Demand their insurance details and if they don't give them report them to the police?

They're committing a crime by damaging your property?
>>
>Park a million miles away from everyone else in the car park so that no one scratches your car
>Someone parks right next to you even though there's 20 free spaces

Why does this happen?
>>
>>14668078
>Why don't people have any fucking respect?

Because they're well situated and thus have no reason to give a fuck about your pathetic life. You're probably an asshole anyway.

Or so it seems they think.

>>14668123
Alignment.
>>
>>14668117
> police help, they opened their door a bit too fast and hard and left a 2mm long scratch. I'd like to press charges
They'll think I'm and autistic fuck
>>
>>14668103
It would be more autistic to just sit in your car and do nothing

>later sperg about it on a Latvian donkey herding website
>>
>>14668095

I accidentally hit a crosovers rear fender with my door once while getting out, there was someone inside.

I apologized, assured them that i didn't ding the car or anything because it was a very gentle tap and fucked off.

They were parked on the line, so wasnt entirely my fault.
>>
>>14668136
You are. But that's your right. If there IS damage.
>>
>>14668136
Leaving the scene of an accident or refusal to give insurance information

Act like an adult and call the non emergency number for your local PD
>>
>>14668117
Define damage, though. Is damage in the eye of the beholder or an objective thing?
>>
>>14668123
It's a human instinct thing. Humans and animals (most) feel safety in numbers. So (some)people want to park next to other cars. Sometimes i want to be an asshole and when i see a nice sports car like a porsche or something parked far out i park right next to it for the lols
>>
>>14668136
Since when is damaging people's property ok if it's only a little damage?

It can cost $100-$200 to fix a door ding so it's the same as if they stole that money out your pocket.
>>
>>14668147
I know i might sound a bit like an ass when i ask this but, I have never had a reason to call the police in my town before, how can i find out their non emergency number?
>>
File: 2679347.jpg (13 KB, 440x200) Image search: [Google]
2679347.jpg
13 KB, 440x200
>>14668149
Things like this are objectively damage.
>>
>>14668154
Most of the time the peopleare extremely oblivious to what they did, or its their dumbass kids, or pothead teenage boy.
>>
>>14668171
Fucking google.
>>
>>14668173
Sure, but if it doesn't leave a mark, should you just let it slide and not bother telling the person off, leaving them to continue doing this to others' cars until it one day does leave a mark??
>>
>>14668171
Look up your cities police department. And the number that links you to the police department itself is the non emergency number
>>
>Not tactically parking right next to expensive cars because their owners wouldn't dream of potentially scratching their own doors.
>>
>>14668181
Policing behaviour is a bit autistic. If it doesn't damage the car I'd probably call them a cunt and move on.
>>
>>14668078
This is why I always pull out my phone and take pics of the license plates of the cars next to mine if I have to park in a crowded lot. If no marks are found when I get back, I delete the pics.
>>
>>14668182
Thanks
>>
>>14668196
How would you prove they're the ones that did it though?
>>
>>14668130
If you think it's ok to damage peoples cars I think you're the asshole m8
>>
>>14668231
Go to bed, son, you're already lacking reading comprehension.
>>
>>14668259
>cant say what he means
>cant even read what he wrote

>Because they're well situated and thus have no reason to give a fuck about your pathetic life
The implication here is that, due to their stability in life, they are somehow excused from common decency and manners if they are dealing with someone who is "inferior".

What you are essentially saying is that it is justifiable to damage or destroy other people's vehicles without cause, which can easily be surmised to "you think it's okay to damage peoples cars".

Given your response, we're forced to conclude one of a few different things: 1) you don't know how to effectively communicate your own thoughts, meaning you're a useless idiot 2) you spouted some bullshit without even thinking about it, meaning you're a useless idiot 3) you're just arguing to be right, on the internet, meaning you're a useless idiot.

Please fucking kill yourself as soon as possible, so that the resources you're wasting can be used on better people.

inb4 implying it took me a million years to type this response, I actually know how to communicate well, this took me less than 3 minutes
>>
>>14668785
>took me less than 3 minutes

Thats forever and a half when this took me 10 seconds...
>>
>>14668785

>they are somehow excused from common decency and manners if they are dealing with someone who is "inferior".

Have you never met a rich person or something?

I mean yeah, some of them are very decent human beings. Others though, you pretty much summed up their entire life view in one sentence.
>>
>>14668078

I feel you, it sucks, but such is life.

Make more effort to park far away.
>>
>>14668196
>cars don't come and go
>>
>>14668892
I agree. Not OP but sometimes the lot is full. I personally dont take my nice car to places where I think im at risk for a door ding or a shopping cart hitting it.
>>
>>14668181
>Sure, but if it doesn't leave a mark
If it doesn't leave a mark then it's not damage.
>>
>>14668196
>mfw I know who you are
>>
>woke up this morning
>look out window of apartment
>see african neighbor sitting on my hood/bumper
>wtf
>go out there and tell him to get off
>he says sorry sorry
>tell him to not do it again
>told him his car is right there go sit in it
>later same day
>just making my dinner plate
>hear car alarm
>look out window again
>african guy just parked his car and my car alarm is going off
>fucking stare him down he notices and looks like a kid caught doing something wrong
>he starts jogging
>go open front door and he's gone

My car's alarm isn't very sensitive, it takes a pretty solid hit to make it go off.

I'm not sure what to do but I have a bottle of brake fluid in the back of my car, and i'm moving soon. I'm pretty fucking mad right now too. Also thinking about setting up camera in the car and calling the cops.

what do /o/
>>
File: 1356734330723.jpg (55 KB, 224x257) Image search: [Google]
1356734330723.jpg
55 KB, 224x257
>>14668078
i thought i was the only one that did this...

godspeed op set the example
>>
>>14669678
>but I have a bottle of brake fluid in the back of my car, and i'm moving soon.

you know what to do

just make sure its the last thing you do.
>>
I've only witnessed this happening once while I was inside my car. From other minor scratches and dents I'm assuming its happened multiple times. Anyways,

>sitting in car at universal
>family of fat people park next to me
>of course theyre close to the line on my side
>watch them struggling in the car for a while getting their shit together
>the obese wife in the passenger seat starts to get out
>she tries to get out but can't because shes too fat to fit through the door
>she closes the door and starts yelling at her husband making hand gestures
>they spend a few minutes yelling back and forth
>she goes to get out again and swings the door open right into my car
>she literally stares at me as she gets out
>after the landwhale has moved out of the way I get out of my car and ask what the fuck
>she tells me it isnt their fault there isnt enough space between the parking spaces for her to open the door
>tell her I want her insurance
>now the fat husband is over with their fat kids that are fighting with eachother
>husband asks whats wrong
>tell him his wife just fucked up my car with their car door
>he tells me he cant even see and its just a car anyways
>tell them I need their insurance
>they tell me they dont see anything wrong and to stop caring so much about my car
>get pissed off
>go to open my door
>swing it right into their car as hard as possible
>both are staring in shock
>say oh dont worry its just a car
>get in my car
>close door
>open again as hard as possible
>close door
>swing open again as hard as possible
>theyre both just staring in shock
>back out and go find the farthest spot possible
>report their car to security

I just couldnt deal with it
>>
>park in pretty much 100% empty car park
>keep eyeing my car from the shop
>guy in a rusty 15 year old Fiat Brava turns up
>parks right next to me, his drivers side door facing my car
>can't concentrate on shopping, need to get out as fast as possible

He didn't hit it, but why do it
>>
>>14669678

tell him you fucked with the semi boloid tremmy pipe on the up end of his grammeter and threw his reciprocating dingle arm in to misalignment and that now hes gonna have a shit ton of side fumbling.
>>
>>14669749
>Continues slamming door into their van
Awesome. Those fat fucks deserved it.
>>
>>14668078
humans are scum of the earth
>>
File: 1423859592265.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1423859592265.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>14669699
Part of me wants to come back in 1-2 weeks on a bike no one here knows I have and dump the brake fluid, throw some broken up spark plugs through windows, and remove some valve stems.

then again I've been drinking
>>
>See real good parking space with lifted brotruck parked beside it
>Go to pull my own equally lifted rustbucket truck into spot
>Realize spot is empty because bro is parked over the line and there's a cart corral on the other side
>Challenge accepted
>Maneuver my full size right in there
>Fail to take into account that our mirrors are at the same height
>Clonk
>His mirror gets flipped back on its hinge (as it is designed to do not to get damaged)
>Go to flip it back and realize there's not enough space
>LoL oh well I only need a couple things I'll probably be back before him
>Come back out
>Literally furious 6'1" 190 pound Bro with tattoos is waiting for me
>YOU HIT MY TRUCK
>Yeah looks like I tapped your mirror there let me give you my insurance info and take some pics
>NAH MAN THE COPS ARE ON THE WAY
>I hardly think that's necessary
>NAH MAN YOU HIT MY TRUCK DO YOU WANT TO TEST ME DON'T TEST ME MAN YOU DON'T KNOW
>Be 6'6" 250 so not particularly worried about this prick
>Climb up in my bed and take some pics then sit on my toolbox to wait for the cop
>Manager makes me fill out some form because he brought her into it, appologizing to me the whole time
>Eventually cop comes
>I speak to him first and explain that I made contact with this guy's mirror and accept full responsibility but there's no damage
>Cop says we only needed to exchange insurance info
>Tell him I know that and I'm sorry this guy is wasting his time
>I JUST PAID $40,000 FOR THIS TRUCK DO YOU HAVE $40,000 TO PAY FOR A NEW TRUCK MAN? I DON'T THINK SO
>Well, I think I'm insured for $250,000 do you think I did more than $250,000 damage to your mirror?
>FUCK YOU MAN i'LL FUCK YOU UP
>Cop gives him a little lecture about staying calm and not wasting police time
>Overhear the truck is actually in his wife's name
>Get in slight trouble for making a comment about that fact and inciting his further rage

I told this story here after it happened but the guy ended up filing a $10,000 claim lol
>>
>>14669749
>get pissed off
>go to open my door
>swing it right into their car as hard as possible
>both are staring in shock
>get in my car
>close door
>open again as hard as possible
>close door
>swing open again as hard as possible
>theyre both just staring in shock

Fucking rekt. Doing god's work anon
>>
If I'm real tight to the next car I'll open the door and gently let it hit th other car's door then hold it there. It won't leave a mark and you do it this way and you don't have to worry about bumping it on your way out.
>>
>>14668103
get out, take photos, record conversation, claim on their insurance for repairs.

They damaged your car & you have a right to get it repaired at their cost.
>>
>tfw accidentally dinged a car as the owner watched
>>
>>14669810

Are you saying pour the brake fluid in the gas tank? Haven't heard of that before.
>>
>>14670903
pour it on the panels of car it fucks up the paint
>>
File: 1309889941459[1].jpg (17 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
1309889941459[1].jpg
17 KB, 432x288
>>14668078
>Getting fingerprints on my door
>>
>>14669810

Damn, he would be hot if it wasn't for the spray tan.
>>
>>14669810
Get a small paintbrush and paint brake cleaner on his car.

Draw dicks, write "Please don't sit on my car" all over it, idk.
>>
>>14672286
>brake cleaner

*brake fluid

Treat it like a canvas, write /o/ memes on it.
>>
File: dent.jpg (83 KB, 964x910) Image search: [Google]
dent.jpg
83 KB, 964x910
I'm literally paying someone £40 to fix this "dent"
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-19+at+12.50.23).jpg (3 KB, 159x109) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-19+at+12.50.23).jpg
3 KB, 159x109
nice meme
>>
>>14668123
>>14668150

They see that you are parked away from everyone, and possibly have a nice car, meaning you actually care about your shit.

So they guess your alot less likely to jump out swing your door wide and fuck there shit up.

Same reason you parked away.
>>
File: dent2.jpg (1 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
dent2.jpg
1 MB, 1836x3264
>>14672349
>>
>>14668078
Wouldn't know. I drive a lifted Jeep, pleb doors can't reach my paint.
>>
>>14668078
>I literally insert my hand in between the door and their car so if it hits anything it's my hand.
am i the only one who does this everytime
>>
File: cant wake up.png (99 KB, 435x512) Image search: [Google]
cant wake up.png
99 KB, 435x512
>>14669749
>its just a car anyways
>>
>>14670924
Unless that brake fluid is 30+years old, it's not going to do anything. It's formulated to not fuck with paint anymore. I found this out years ago when I wanted to remove the paint from a hood, had tons of brake fluid and little money. Let the first round sit overnight, nothing. Second round, 24 hours, still nothing. Got to googling and found out I was wasting my time because it won't do anything.

If you want to fuck his paint, go buy some actual paint stripper.
>>
File: 1345833716271.png (86 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1345833716271.png
86 KB, 259x194
>nan buys car from friend
>friend works in car crushing type place
>car was literally about to get crushed when she bought it
>figure she must care for that car a lot in order to buy it from a scrapheap
>wrong
>put petrol in it and turn the key
i can hear the engine begging for death sometimes
>>
File: 7ef.jpg (52 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
7ef.jpg
52 KB, 600x600
Why don't people just put their hands on the edges of their doors so it's impossible to hit them on walls or other people's cars?

I would rather I cut my hand rather than chip my cars door or dent someone else's car. My hand can heal but cars can't.
>>
File: DSC0167DSC0168.png (2 MB, 795x1203) Image search: [Google]
DSC0167DSC0168.png
2 MB, 795x1203
>tfw these faggots got a drivers licence
>>
>>14668078
that's what literally everybody does where I live.
>>
>>14672676
looks like someone couldn't deal with the freshness
>>
>>14668171

call 911 and ask them
>>
>>14668123
happened to me yesterday, though the guy also backed in and left a good amount of distance so it seemed like he actually respected cars
>>
>>14668078
Same here anon. But there are people who drive 30 year old junk shitters and they just don't care. And it's mostly fucking women.
>>
>Have thin, transparent protective vinyl protecting car door
>Anytime it gets damage, I just simply remove it, buff, and reapply a new layer
>It has saved my car door from at least a dozen Indian women and the morbidly obese

Shame I live in a world like this.
>>
>>14668139
> Apologising to crossover leasers
Never apologise to them. They're not people. If they get in your face about it, you're AMERICAN. Say you feel threatened and shoot them dead in front of their kids.
>>
>>14672349
Could be worse. I've been quoted £350 for a big dent in my bumper from where some BMW-crossover-driving cunt reversed into it and fled the scene.
Got the whole thing on CCTV, so I reported it to the police. Didn't get the plate, but her picture's in their system.
Pretty sure I saw the cunt the other day, though. White BMW X6, driven like a cunt, so I'm gonna investigate and see if I can find it.
Maybe I can get the number to the police, and get them to go knock on her door and inform her that fleeing the scene of an accident is a crime, and make her either pay up, or make her insurance company pay up and yank any no-claims bonus for years.
>>
>>14668078
>tfw you park three inches from the drivers side of another car

Ragie wagies :^)
>>
>>14672445
You clearly don't drive a coupe with long doors. Or you're some kind of chimp-like sideshow freak.
>>
I can't understand how someone can just ding a car up.
I accidently opened my door gently into a new Optima and I felt so shitty even though I didn't leave a mark.
>>
>>14672349
Is that a dead chicken?

>>14672411
You are not.
>>
I grab the leading edge of the door and let my superior regenerating human hand absorb the force, if any while i slowly open the door
>>
>>14672370
beat me to it
>>
>work at a gas Station
>brand new shit box
>shiny silver paint
>park it outside for a 10 hour shift
>4 door dings
Reeeeeeee so glad I quit that job
>>
>>14673301
JUST DING MY SHIT UP SENPAI
>>
>>14669810
>remove some valve stems
Slow down there, Satan
>>
>>14672349
>>14672395
You ruined perfection, so you deserve it.
>>
>>14673133
Applying a tire iron to the tail lights with great force also works.
>>
>>14668103
Me too, luckily there was no visible damage but I don't know what else to do other than give a dirty look
>>
>>14668149
introduction to philosophy 101 at the community college pls go
>>
>>14669810
Pack thermite around their exhaust manifold.
>>
>>14672689
UNDARATAD POST OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.