[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so /o/ should i make a gamble on this volvo 240 wagon only $500
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 00H0H_aiGXhfkjpp_600x450.jpg (27 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
00H0H_aiGXhfkjpp_600x450.jpg
27 KB, 600x337
so /o/ should i make a gamble on this volvo 240 wagon only $500 but has some electrical problem owner is unsure says he has no power to anything . also any other 240 owners here know of common electrical problems on these i owned a 83 240 in the past and loved it. Im thinking this could be ground issue
>>
>>14667505
>only $500 but has some electrical problem owner is unsure says he has no power to anything .

If you can't fix it that's $500 down the drain. I wouldn't bother with cars that start out with fucked electrics. It could have been water damage.
>>
>>14667511
he said he was his daily and it quit on him recently and he just needs it gone only 158k
>>
these cars always have electrical problems, but they are rarely disastrous. It looks like an early 80s, so check for rust. The most common reason for a no star is a fuel pump relay and they are about $50 new and 5 mins install. I would take the risk because wagon.
>>
>>14667588
Just looked at the wagon it's got some rust and the loom is the issue right above the intake alot of the casings have deteriorated and have exposed wires
Turn the key no power to anything but batt was showing 12.6v said he would do $350 but would have to trailer it out.
>>
>>14667755
>it's got some rust
Not worth it.
>>
I'm here because I to had bought myself a shitty car, and need help.
This was the closest thread that I felt was reasonable to post in without having to create my own thread. I have a 2003 Pontiac sunfire with a damn headlight issue, when I put it into gear a light on my dashboard blinks several times and will continue to click until I turn my lights on. However the low beam light just on my drivers side it out. Both of my high beams work fine, as well as the blinkers. I went to my local auto zone to purchase a new headlight, swapped it out with the old headlight and nothing. So I tried putting it in the passenger low beam socket which I knew was working and turns out I got a fucking did. Go figure. I walk back in to autozone and thankfully they replaced it free of charge. I once again try the new light and again nothing, however this time after putting it in the passenger side it worked, so I knew that this light was not a dud. I check the wires in the front, no corrosion, no breaks. The wires thread up underneath the battery, I have yet to remove the battery because I'm not sure if removing the battery will cause some sort of computer reset and further screw up some shit.I guess the question here is should I replace the whole harness, or would by passing the wires from the lowbeam passenger side to the drivers side chancing I might ruin the passenger headlight work? Taking it to a mechanic would be the best thing obviously, but I don't have $800+ to handover. I've been pulled over for this once already during the day might I add so I just want to get this fixed already. Thanks a lot for any responses in advanced
>>
File: 1448026986369.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1448026986369.gif
2 MB, 300x169
>>14667872
tl;dr
>>
>>14667505
Been through all of my 240's electrics. This looks like an 83-85, GL wagon, based on the chrome waterfall grille.

1. Does it turn over?
2. Does it spark?
3. Does it put fuel in (should be Bosch LH 2.1 with chrysler ignition)
4. Is the timing set correctly?

Check all of these things, and of course, check the fuses. I've had issues being pinned down to a 50 cent fuse on these things.
>>
>>14668426
If it turns over, then it's more likely a fuel relay issue than a spark issue (though by not much more). If so, there are two fuel pump relays (both of them the same one) underneath the passenger side of the dash. Check them by taking one out, and jumping the positive and negative terminals with a bobby pin. If no fire, then check spark. If no spark, then it's likely that.

Hard to tell with just a shitty pic and no actual fumbling around with the car.
>>
>>14667511
>can't fix it that's $500 down the drain
Nonsense. For a clean (or mostly clean) 245, especially a quad headlight year like that, he could sell it to some hipster or yuppie for two or three times that, easy, without even fixing the electrical issues.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.