[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Mechanic Fucked Me Big Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10
File: edl-45904_w_ml.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
edl-45904_w_ml.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
Pic related, my brand new multi-thousand dollar motor custom install. Or at least it was until...

>fresh oil change
>starter breaks
>take truck to mechanic to replace starter
>3 fucking months later starter repaired
>go to drive truck home
>no oil
>no fucking oil
>dry as a bone
>engine stalls in traffic jam

Meanwhile my grandfather is in the hospital and this is the engine he gave me before he fell ill.

So the question is, do I kill my mechanic or just pour sugar in his gas tank? I'm at my wits fucking end here how does a mechanic tell you to drive your truck home with no oil

No fucking oil.

Now I look like the idiot for driving an engine with no oil. I JUST GOT IT BACK FROM A FUCKING SHOP!!! Did he wanna rebuild it for profit? Did he not give a fuck about me? Is a retarded? I'm fucking done.
>>
>>14667412
Kill him. Rape his wife.
>>
>>14667419
I don't even know anymore I should have checked the oil before driving off but I just got done visiting my grandmother. God damn it man, I'm weak as fuck right now I can't deal with it. Fucking shit all over my life right now John I hope you're reading this right now you really fucked me this time John. I should burn his fucking house down god damn it.
>>
Wait are you implying your grandfather gave you an engine, you had the skill to perform an engine swap in your truck, and then you didn't have the skill to replace a fucking starter? Or am I understanding this completely wrong?
>>
>>14667433
It was the last engine swap he and his mechanics did before he went to the hospital. It doesn't look good. I was worried about him and my grandmother I didn't think the mechanic would give me my engine back with no oil after I gave it to him with full oil.

Did it evaporate because he took so fucking long? Did it leak and the retarded didn't notice or care? Did he drive the fuck out of my engine before returning it? Oh my god /o/ why am I crying to you right now. Fuck fuck fuck.
>>
>>14667430
>>14667412

Sorry to hear that OP, you are absolutely not at fault, no one checks oil right after visiting mechanic (I usually check stuff when I get home where I have all the time in the world)

Also avoid killing the mechanic, I suggest talking.

I am sure he forgot and didn't do it intentionally, and it will be in his favor to let this end quietly.
If nothing happens in the next month or two I suggest use of firearm.
>>
>>14667439
You should be able to sue him. If not, rape him and kill his wife.
>>
>>14667442
If I go to talk to him I think I'll kill him. I am at the fucking end of my fucking rope dude I don't evev know anymore man my fucking grandfather's engine man MY FUCKING POP-POP!!
>>
>>14667450
Call him first, you can't kill him through the phone.
>>
>>14667448
Yeah if he's forgotten to refill the oil after he's drained it and delivered it back to you as 'repaired' that's a perfectly valid reason to rape and kill his wife.
>>
>>14667448
This. Also raping him and killing his wife would be significantly more traumatic for him than killing him and raping his wife. Maybe if you raped his wife and killed her in front of him, and then raped him? IDK. Rape his dog, too, if he has one.
>>
Email him or call him and record it if you live in a state where that's legal. Get him to agree to repair the damage done to your engine by his oversight and agree on a reasonable completion date (June 1 maybe). If he doesn't follow through, threaten to sue and if he still doesn't then sue and take HIS car, or his tools if they're worth enough. Trade to a competent mechanic to rebuild grandpa's engine.
>>
>>14667456
>>14667458
>>14667462
Guys I can't fucking go to jail over this my mom would be even more devastated than she already is. What is wrong with this fucking bone-head mechanic how can you help install a motor then not know it needs oil is this man on fucking crack god damn it I'm going to confront him about it. This is over the fucking line. I have a fucking line and this is fucking it. over this line you DO NOT FUCK.
>>
File: 1458147745357.jpg (489 KB, 904x960) Image search: [Google]
1458147745357.jpg
489 KB, 904x960
Drain your mechanic of all his blood, and see how long he runs. Good luck OP, and sorry to hear about your gramps.
>>
File: 1324572823003.jpg (134 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1324572823003.jpg
134 KB, 500x700
If you want real advice get a lawyer and find out what your options are.
>>
ITT things that didn't happen.
>>
>>14667412
You get the engine repaired BY SOMEONE ELSE, then take the asshole to small claims court. Document the reason for the tow, document that you got the car back with no oil, and then bill the original mechanic for the work. If he won't pay for it, sue the fucker for max small claims will allow in your state (engine work plus tow plus filing fees plus damages). You can represent yourself, and as long as you have your ducks in a row, you'll be in good shape.
>>
>>14667489
Get a lawyer nigger I don't have a fucking car anymore wtf where is the money for a lawyer.

We are going to have to pay for a funeral soon man we can't get into a legal battle with a fucking retardee mechanic.
>>
>>14667502
The engine seized, from lack of oil.
How do you imagine you will repair that again ?
>>
>>14667503

The whole point of getting a lawyer is getting your money back/engine fixed.

How is this hard to understand?
>>
>>14667523

Also, most lawyers have a free consolation period. Get the info you can during that and then you can determine whether or not to follow through with legal action.
>>
File: okay so maybe I am being rude.png (143 KB, 800x1042) Image search: [Google]
okay so maybe I am being rude.png
143 KB, 800x1042
>>14667412
I don't mean to be rude, but why in the name of Yaweh didn't you replace the starter yourself? Also, who did you hand the engine to that they couldn't handle the starter on an american v8?
>>
>>14667510
I'll answer that question with a question. How can you possibly not hear, smell, and see that your engine has no oil? How can you ignore having no oil pressure?
>>
>>14667510
bore it out?
>>
>>14667450

>POP-POP WATCHING MOTHERFUCKERS DROP

You know what to do.
>>
>>14667412
How long ago did this happen?
Have you talked to the shop?

Anyway, what you need to do is calmly call the shop, have the mechanic or whoever come out, tow your car, and inspect it.

Have them bring it back to their shop, and figure out why it has no oil in it.

You need to gather any evidence you can about this, and then write everything down so you dont forget things.

In the end, I doubt the shop will say "shit, we fucked up. here is $10,000 for a new engine"

you'll end up taking them to court, and you will need to prove things.

Does the shop have video cameras? get a lawyer, and have them turn them over before they erase them.

obviously you should first try to talk things out, and see what they can do about it.
>>
File: 1458166835639[1].jpg (74 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1458166835639[1].jpg
74 KB, 720x960
>>14667717
Crank and mains and conrods and camshaft and camshaft bearings and lifters and rockers can't be bored out, m8. He can rebuild it, but he needs the parts first, and something tells me his dick is way too broke to make that happen right now.
PS, learn how fucking engines work. That goes for everyone reading this, not just the guy I replied to.
>>
File: moresexxxxx.jpg (235 KB, 1280x823) Image search: [Google]
moresexxxxx.jpg
235 KB, 1280x823
You need to call the shop, tell them the engine stalled, and wont start again. they need to come give you a tow, and diagnose the issue.

DO NOT SAY ANYTHING ELSE! let them discover that is has no oil on their own.
they must come to this conclusion.
if this goes any other way, you are gonna be at the wrong end of the stick.
>>
File: 1366161938957.jpg (36 KB, 241x403) Image search: [Google]
1366161938957.jpg
36 KB, 241x403
>>14667747
never ran across this problem my self. so i wouldn't know

in all

SUE SUE SUE SUE
>>
shop is at fault and you live in america? take them to court if they're not willing to fix it after a chat
>>
>>14667430
A man named John (Johnny) also fucked my car over!

Funny how that works.
>>
Uhh...Why would he drain the oil to change out a starter?
>>
>>14667412
Why didn't you go take your truck back after the first week of bullshit?
>>
>>14667412
why did you wait 3 months to get a starter repaired?
>>
>>14667412
>engine stalls
It might just be a light seize, shaving 50,000 miles off of the life of the engine, but not destroying it.
>>
Why would you require the help of someone else to repair a starter? They are simple electric motors that require cleaning
>>
>>14668048
Or get a reman for $40-.
>>
>>14667412
Mechanics in America are shit man. I've traveled my fair bit and I'm honestly convinced that knowledgeable car enthusiasts here are a mutant oddity and that Americans have an inherent difficulty with understanding cars/not overcharging like massive Steinbergs for basic service.
>>
>>14668190
>Steinberg
The upside is that anyone with half a brain can avoid mechanics (most of the time) and save hundreds (or more) per month in maintenance expenses.
>>
>>14667412
Take off heads, inspect for damage
Dump 5 gallons of WD40 into engine block. Break loose with breaker bar. Reinstall parts. Worked for an old volvo my buddy had (JY seized engine).

Or just get a goddamn lawyer, talk about your options, and then shit down the mechanics throat. Either have them pay for a different mechanic to do the work (fool me once), or have them pay for all the parts PLUS all the money that would have gone into labor + damages + time lost that you needed for the funeral +++++ lawyer fees. This is how court works. good luck.
>>
>>14667412
tfw my stupid road craft manual says that you should check fluid levels and tire pressure before every trip
>aint nobody got time for that
>>
>>14667699
also why drain the oil to replace the starter
forgive my ignorance but engine oil and the starter motor do not seem to be related that closely
>>
>>14668435
the entire story is kind of goofy
>>
>not checking the fluids
Git gud scrub
>>
Why did you bring your vehicle to a mechanic instead of doing it yourself
>>
>>14667848
Kill him
>>
File: Louis+cuck_8bb12e_5565439.jpg (134 KB, 780x1170) Image search: [Google]
Louis+cuck_8bb12e_5565439.jpg
134 KB, 780x1170
Lol your grandpa's gonna die and you won't even be able to drive to his funeral because you were too stupid to notice you don't have oil! Ahahahahaha
>>
>>14668435
My assumption would be there was a leak from the oil change in the beginning and it just drained from there. But to go through at least 4 quarts and not notice it would be a stretch.
>>
Did the oil light not come on while you were driving?
>>
>>14667753
this
>>
>>14669139

It's called the idiot light for a reason, it usually comes on too late. Also betting OP's car is too old to have one.
>>
>>14667412
Im sorry man, ow that i remembere i had to take a quick fap break and forgot to put oil back ur engine.
S-shit sorry about that man

Sincerly, John
>>
>>14669797
How old is the truck then? My car from the early 70s has an oil light. And if you were going to put a new engine in, the first thing you would do even before starting is nigger rig some kind of oil light or Guage.
>>
>>14670352
>>14669797
>>14669139
youre forgetting it was a custom job so the gauges/lights may not have been properly functional
>>
>>14667412
>>take truck to mechanic to replace starter

you should just shoot yourself
>>
Somehow a customer got fucked. I blame
>>
>>14667439
reuse the block & headers and rebuild man wtf is your problem fucking grow up
>>
>>14670799
obviously sue & use that money to fund the rebuild, or sue FOR the rebuild, your choice.

also:
>protip: dont go to the same mechanic
>>
Or learn how to do something as simple as changing a fucking starter
>>
>>14667412
>Pic related, my motor
u wot m8
>>
>>14670446
OK so dieselmechanicfag here, I do repowers all the time. You make the oil light functional. It's the most important job on your list. If your grandfather/his shop fitted that engine with no working oil light, this fuck up is 100% on him.
>>
File: 1409371497002.png (11 KB, 1284x1074) Image search: [Google]
1409371497002.png
11 KB, 1284x1074
Didn't you notice your oil pressure gauge was bottomed out?
>>
File: 1456010707471.png (148 KB, 2500x1645) Image search: [Google]
1456010707471.png
148 KB, 2500x1645
story sounds a bit fishy.

pictures or it didn't happen
>>
>>14671099
if it's true, it's just another dumbass with more dollars than sense

my sonata's is buried under hoses and shit, my tundra has the starter underneath the intake manifold....

but on an engine op is supposed to have....seriously, how the fuck do you not just change the freaking starter?
>>
Lol your grandpa probably killed himself to get away from his retarded grandkid
>>
>>14667489
Then rape the lawyer...
>>
>>14667753
THIS! They discover the problem,when they tell you and you LOOK like you are gonna freak they will have already prepared,due to fear,to calm you down.
>>
>>14667412
>can't replace your own fucking starter
you kinda deserved it
>>
>>14667710
also, how do you ignore the "CHECK OIL" light on your fucking dashboard?
>>
>>14667753
DO THIS OP
>>
>>14667412
>take truck to mechanic to replace starter
>drive truck home
>no oil
You deserve everything for laziness, ignorance, and stupidity.
>>
>>14667412
I'm a mechanic. If someone calls me to tell me to replace their starter motor, I'm probably not looking at the oil. Why would I? I'm not doing a service. You haven't asked me to check over the car. I'm gonna assume you check your own oil.

Particularly if they told me they just did an oil change.
>>
>>14667412
Who gave it the fresh oil change?
>>
>>14667412

Go over to your mechanic's house. Start up his car. While it's warming up, duct tape him to a chair and rape his wife in front of him. As you climax slit her throat. Rape the new throat hole. Shit on the corpse. Drain the hot oil out of his car while it's running. Dump the hot oil on him. Jam the oil filter up his ass. If he's still alive, beat him to death with a camshaft.

Then go apologize to your grandfather for not being a man and working on your own car.
>>
>>14675558
>not looking at the oil.
Thank god these faggots are required to air the tyres and check the oil on every job here.
>>
>>14667412
Go to an actual shop, not some "mechanic" fuck wit that takes 3 months to replace a starter.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.