[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Mirage.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Mirage.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
I HAVE A GLORIOUS IDEA!
How feasible would making an offroad Mitzi Mirage?

Im thinking:

>Lifted like an american pickup maybe 8"
>Deep ridge offroad tires and Heavy duty alloys
>A decent turbo
>Tank extension into interior rear
>Remove rear seats
>Use panels or wood to flatten rear seat area like a station wagon
>Make it tough and fats basically

Or:
>SEXY RALLY MIRAGE TIME!

of course itd be the kind of project taht may tear itself apart with sheer power/offroad prowess. and lots and lots of welding works and custom parts put together by oneself.
>>
Depends, how much money do you have?
>>
>>14666539
lets say i save up for a project of 15k?
>>
Lets presume i have the equipment and access to the metals i need and 15k to spend on parts. Whaddayasay gents?
>>
>>14666545
I'm unsure of the prices or where to go with this, you would be a first. Mitsubishi has a a habbit of using the same parts and chassis on there production line (if it has a similar look to the Mirage, then it may be using the same chassis (furthermore, compatible parts) I'd start my search for info there. Or you could use a forum for inspiration.
>>
>>14666604
I was merely wondering if anyone thought it was feasible. im determined
>>
every single "rally enthusiast" in my area has e36, golf, Lada or mitsubishi colt as a rally beater
>>
Are you trying to do some slow, dirty offroading, or are you trying to build an FWD rally EVO IV? Cause I'd rather do the latter with a 4WD conversion thrown in.
>>
>>14666628
The sky is the limit if you have the patience, money and time (and a bit of know how). Mirage/lancer evolution hybrids have been around for ages, that gives you the perfect platform for what you want to do. Increasing hight might be where you'll get stuck at (maybe mix and match Outlander suspension components?). It's all there, you just have to look for it.
>>
>>14666644
Maybe lower parts off a bt30 or whatever their ute/hilux equivalent
>>
Why not just a 4g63 swap with an Eagle Summit AWD drivetrain.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.