[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
picked up a 140k mileage 6.0 (g8 gt) today for 11k mint condition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
picked up a 140k mileage 6.0 (g8 gt) today for 11k

mint condition other than a few nicks and scratches on the front/rear bumper with all the premium options except sunroof. New tires / full stock.

how fucked did I get? every one i could find around me was going for 16-22k but was either low mileage or the 6.2 ls2

runs strong, he showed me receipts of the price he paid at auction and the repairs he made to get it ready for his lot and it looks like he only took about 800 profit
>>
>>14659592
>rebadged ve commodore
The gayest of the gay...
In all seriousness not sure about those but the v6 base model bs we get over here are a fucking asshole to service and theyre just really unreliable, you dont have one of those though so carry on
>>
>>14659615

these have the ls2 engines (i think detuned), 6.0 comes with 355 stock and the 6.2 is 415

I wanted a used luxury car with some torque for comfy riding and this thing came along.. all the lexus/caddies with the same mileage and similar interiors were around the same price so I took the plunge
>>
>>14659626
The 6.2 is an ls3 btw
>>
>>14659646
ah makes sense, i would of been happy with a 280 hp v6 so the ls2 is more than enough for me
>>
11k seems like too much
>>
>>14659665
feels that way but fuckin 100k corollas and camrys are going for 6k with asshole interiors

people want fuckin 16k for an acura with 130k miles with the same interior as this g8 except I get a ls2..
>>
Kinda high miles but those cars should hold their value well in the states. Those and the GTO, though I think the G8 looks better
>>
That engine is too worn for any mods. Nice cruiser until you have a build LS2 to put in.
>>
>>14659756
sadly everything in the 8-13k price range on the west coast seems to be 120k+ miles except for actual shitboxes. People are asking 12k for SALVAGE TITLE v6 acuras/camrys/lexus. Was looking into a few cadilac CTS' but they are the same price per mileage/year as this was.

carfax looked good as far as maintenance goes, hoping it lasts as long as my last high mileage car I bought. Got a 4.3L v6 silverado at 165k miles and sold it at 230k miles still running strong (but got slower over the years) so it doesn't scare me too much..

>>14659838
all I wanted was a comfy cruiser :)

would of gotten a crown vic if you could find a premium leather package on one
>>
I think you did pretty decent, good luck finding an LS2 GTO in anything close to that condition for that price.
>>
>>14659893
yeah hopefully it holds it value
>>
>>14659592
I looked at one a couple of years ago when they started coming off leases. I was thoroughly under impressed by the fit, finish, and quality of the interior.And, if that's the way Pontiac felt about that, then the rest of the car was probably shit as well. I passed.
>>
>>14659923
compared to what.. you sound like a pretentious douche
>>
>>14659969
Compared to virtually anything else in that segment. If wanting a car who's interior didn't remind me of a mid-90's Hyundai sounds pretentious to you, so be it.
>>
>>14660024
you sure you didn't drive the base model wanna be rich fag? i don't finance cars that depreciate like rocks
>>
>>14659626
>>14659615
There is a V6 G8
>>
File: series_II_5_full-600x385.jpg (60 KB, 600x385) Image search: [Google]
series_II_5_full-600x385.jpg
60 KB, 600x385
>>14659838
>That engine is too worn for any mods
You'd do well to ignore this OP.
Ausfag, can contest they're a damn decent piece of kit for a fullsize sedan.
Personally I reckon they're more than adequate with ~400hp, but then over here you can have them dealer fitted with a factory warrantied Walkinshaw supercharger kit that's good for 620ish hp from memory. But then, I know you guys have a plethora of forced induction options for Gen 3 and 4 Chevrolet V8s should you feel the need.
>>
>>14660072
Akshully, they have a limited edition SC package...
740hp and 720lb/ft.
http://www.walkinshawperformance.com.au/wp/au/news/news.asp?ID=382
>>
>>14660100
or "only" 680hp and 590lb/ft for OP's 6.0...
>>
did pretty well OP

As long as you enjoy it, then it was worth it no matter what you paid.
>>
get ready to keep changing tail light globes commodores have shit wiring harnesses
>>
>>14660049
And I don't finance cars, period. I was unimpressed with the car's interior, Get over it.
>>
>>14660143
Had one for nearly 3 years now and no electric faults and no replacements needed
>>
>>14659852
The market for GTO's and G8's are fucked where I live.

11k gets one of the 2 G8's within a hundred mile radius and they're both V6 with roughly 100k miles. I haven't seen a GTO for less than 12k with at least 160k miles.

For a while I was considering the V6 G8 but I didn't want to settle
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>14660757
Where do you live? We paid 10k for mine a few years ago for an LS1 with 100k miles that had been owned by an older lady who had an hour commute each way to work, so t was all highway miles.

Wish I had an LS2, but at the time LS2s were around 15k
>>
the Pontiac noses look bad. Makes it look like a pig.
>>
>>14659592
Probs gonna get roasted but I prefer the pontiac front to the shit spec VE SS front, probs because theyre rarer here though.
Auto or Manual? Going rate here for auto would be 16k AUD and 17.5~18k manual even though manuals are cheaper from factory.
>Rich tradie clutch droppers
I reckon you did well. Do yank spec have the same afm engines that run on 4 cylinders when driving nicely?
>>
>>14660781
Das a monaro mayne
>>
>>14659592
That's aight.

Get a commodore body kit, do mafless intake+exhaust and a tune, enjoy the power and then enjoy getting better fuel economy at 80mph than eco shitboxes.

>>14659838
>6L LS
>Worn before 500,000kms
Not how it works, faggot.
>>
>>14660143
The only electrical problems VE have are early (pre-AFM) calais and the other luxury shit batteries going flat due to too many electrical goodies staying on too long after being locked, think they fixed this in the US models.

>>14660997
>Auto or Manual
All G8 GTs are auto, if you wanted a factory manual you needed to get a G8 GXP, which currently sell for retard levels of money and always will.

Put it this way, OP could swap in a TR-6060 and LS3 and still end up ahead.
>>
>>14661040
Thats crazy that manuals have a whole different badge, i guess we dont know how lucky we are.
>>
>>14661106
It's a different trim, came with an optional manual. GXP is essentially a VE redline with an LS3.

It's not that bad, if they want a manual you can pick up a GT and the manual gear from down here with a locally sourced T-56 or TR-6060. IIRC, same ECU and everything.
>>
>>14661120
Ahk makes sense now, cheers.
>>
>>14660102
>"only" $25k
>>
>>14660781
Tucson.
Hell the G8 I was talking about is down in Nogales, which is a stones through away from the border.
So if it's not Boomers fucking up prices its Mexicans selling salvage title trucks for 7k
>>
>>14659838
Fuck right off. Callaway had an sc606 with 118k on it run a 10.8 1/4.

OP you dungood. 11K. Plus you seemed to have dodged ls 6.0 tax and pontiac muh defunct manufacturer tax
>>
>>14661514
>Tucson
>if it's not Boomers fucking up prices its Mexicans selling salvage title trucks for 7k

south cali here.. it's the same market over here its fucking retarded
>>
>>14659592
you did amazing opie, love those things
it'll never die just take care of it
also LS powah
>>
I think the motor in the GT trim is the L99. Not sure how it differs from the LS2 but probably worth looking up if you are the owner
>>
The L99 is the LS2 plus displacement on demand
>>
>>14661276
>oz bucks
Something similar in Yankee Doodle dollars would be closer to half the price. For a dealer fitted "kit" (consisting of more that just bolt on components) that maintains your factory warranty.
>>
>>14662896
>factory warranty
When ever I try to use a factory warranty I get told that whatever the problem is (oil burning, vibrations, loose steering, etc.) is within factory specification and they won't do shit.
>>
>>14659592
>how fucked did I get?
How do you feel about its looks? I think it looks silly.
>>
>>14659665
Dude 11k for a G8 GT is a fucking steal.
These things regularly still go for 25k.
>>
>>14663216
I love the way it looks, i'm not into the boyracer or hyperaggresive styling. I rather it look like a plain jane family car or a dated luxury car
>>
>>14663216
>>14660796

also you have to see it in person to appreciate it I think
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.